Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I just heard from a nephew in Phoenix AZ and were told that his cousin along with two friends were in a Covid testing line filling out papers. The line was long so they decided to just leave without even taking tests, just papers filled. They all 3 ended up getting Covid positive results -- why would that be happening?
It is not.

Where I live, even with the special antenna we can't even get all 3 major network channels. We can, however, get several completely useless channels with it.

Same. There's no attempt by anyone in the general L.A. area to actual "broadcast" TV into the Valleys - much less beyond the Valleys past the mountains where most of us live.

At any rate, schools can't mandate that people buy antennae. Nor that the few available stations broadcast educational programs.

My husband and I just heard from a nephew in Phoenix AZ and were told that his cousin along with two friends were in a Covid testing line filling out papers. The line was long so they decided to just leave without even taking tests, just papers filled. They all 3 ended up getting Covid positive results -- why would that be happening?

Because kids on TikTok think it's funny to tell their families that and see if they are believed.

This week's comments from the World Health Organisation that we may never have a "silver bullet" for coronavirus were difficult to hear.

But many experts say we needed this wake-up call, so we could start imagining our future without a vaccine.

"It needed to happen. That bubble needed to be burst to say 'hey we're not going to see any changes over the next couple of years so strap in'," says Bruce Thompson, dean of health sciences at Swinburne University.

There doesn't need to be a vaccine to get on top of COVID-19 and the way in which Australia more or less eliminated HIV (through safe sex practices and a prophylaxis drug) is evidence of just that, he says.

A coronavirus vaccine is what our hopes are pinned to, but what's the plan if we don't get one?

Spoken like a dean, but not like a cutting edge virologist!

I don't think it is happening. The paperwork does not go to the lab unless a test sample goes to the lab with it. The testers are very careful about fixing the number of the test on the paperwork and on the sample with their preprinted multiple stickers, then wrapping the test sample in the corresponding paperwork (the same method used as when you have blood taken for testing).

The lab then makes sure that the numbers on the paperwork and test sample align. Double checking system.

‘That scenario is nonsense.' No proof exists for rumors about positive COVID results with no actual tests

Last edited:
I don't think it is happening. The paperwork does not go to the lab unless a test sample goes to the lab with it. The testers are very careful about fixing the number of the test on the paperwork and on the sample with their preprinted multiple stickers, then wrapping the test sample in the corresponding paperwork (the same method used as when you have blood taken for testing).

The lab then makes sure that the numbers on the paperwork and test sample align. Double checking system.

‘That scenario is nonsense.' No proof exists for rumors about positive COVID results with no actual tests
But so typical.

Thanks for clearing the positive test results with no actual test question I had. I really was wondering what is going on. I don't know why anyone would want to make stuff up like that when this is such a horrible thing people are going through.
I could have a good guess. Who is trying to minimise the virus?

Does anybody else wonder if you could be one of the asymptomatic carriers? It just goes through my head sometimes and the thought scares me. But then I think surely I would get wiped out by this...in my 50s, have HBP, had breast cancer, pre diabetic, could lose a few pounds.

Thanks for clearing the positive test results with no actual test question I had. I really was wondering what is going on. I don't know why anyone would want to make stuff up like that when this is such a horrible thing people are going through.

Perhaps he went for a test, got a positive result, but doesn't want to isolate so he made up that story?
Not knowing the cousin, we don't know under what scenario the test was taken. Did he have to take the test? Was someone else present when he got his result?

The story should not be taken at face value. imo
This cousin could be a covid positive person.

Last edited:
Perhaps they went for a test, got a positive result, but don't want to isolate so they made up that story?
Not knowing the cousin, we don't know under what scenario the test was taken. Did they have to take the test? Was someone else present when they got their result?

The story should not be taken at face value. imo
This cousin could be a covid positive person.
Or he could be just passing on the latest denial of the virus in the US.

Covid19 is causing enough stress of unknowns. We don't need people making up things. My mother in law has been in a senior home for around two weeks. We did all we could to care for her in her home. She has cancer. It is hard getting her things organized at this time. To top it off we can't visit right now due to 2 resident Covid cases. We all think she is well protected and call often. My daughter is a hospice nurse and can visit her since she has patients there, she just stops by the room. Thank goodness someone can check up.

Covid19 is causing enough stress of unknowns. We don't need people making up things. My mother in law has been in a senior home for around two weeks. We did all we could to care for her in her home. She has cancer. It is hard getting her things organized at this time. To top it off we can't visit right now due to 2 resident Covid cases. We all think she is well protected and call often. My daughter is a hospice nurse and can visit her since she has patients there, she just stops by the room. Thank goodness someone can check up.

So sorry to hear that, IJH. Very tough times. Thank goodness your daughter can be there to visit.

Doctor claims Ivermectin triple therapy is 'amazingly effective' in treating COVID-19

Doctor claims Ivermectin triple therapy is 'amazingly effective' in treating COVID-19

Sky News Australia

4 hrs ago
Gastroenterologist Professor Thomas Borody says the Australian government should allow the clinical trials of a drug he says is “amazingly effective” in treating the deadly coronavirus COVID-19.

Professor Borody says Ivermectin, used in conjunction with two other drugs, has so-far been extremely successful in treating the deadly pathogen.

The drug is Federal Drug Agency and World Health Organisation approved; it is widely used for parasitic infections.

However, Professor Borody told Sky News despite early result showing the drug is a successful COVID-19 treatment, he has been met with a “very negative reaction” by the federal government when he suggests the drug should be subjected to rigorous clinical trials.

What we are learning about Covid-19 and kids

What we are learning about Covid-19 and kids

David Cox

31 mins ago
Back in April, the French epidemiologist Arnaud Fontanet found himself leading an investigation in the town of Crépy-en-Valois, a small community of 15,000 inhabitants just to the north-east of Paris. In February, the town’s middle and high schools had become the centre of a new outbreak of Covid-19.
“These results showed us that teenagers are just as contagious as adults,” said Fontanet. “But in the younger age groups, it’s a different story. They do not seem to transmit it to the same extent.”
Similar findings have emerged elsewhere. A new epidemiological study of 65,000 people in South Korea, which traced contacts of people infected between late January and late March, has revealed that while children aged 10-19 can spread the virus just as well as adults, those younger than 10 transmit it to others much less often.
Potential reasons for this abound. Some have suggested that young children have a lower viral load than teenagers and adults – although the evidence for this remains somewhat unclear – or that they exhale less air, so reducing their chances of passing on the virus.

Top health experts warned six years ago a pandemic was likely

Top health experts warned six years ago a pandemic was likely

Aidan Wondracz For Daily Mail Australia and Australian Associated Press

2 hrs ago
Top health experts warned a respiratory illness from Asia was likely to cause a pandemic and that mandatory isolation could be enforced, six years before COVID-19 reached Australia.

World Health Organisation professor Anne Kelso made the startling prediction during an episode of SBS Insight, which aired in September 2014.

'If we're talking about a new avian influenza then the most likely thing is it'll come from somewhere in Asia,' said.

'There are very high densities of bird populations living closely to humans, mixing with other animals which can also be infected with flu viruses like pigs.

'This can then spread like wildfire because it's a respiratory virus.'
Although the SBS segment was aired more than six years ago, it has resurfaced on the internet given the timeliness of the pandemic.

A raft of experts appeared on the talk show to give their insight into the worst case scenario, including predictions of mandatory quarantine and enforced social distancing.

Former Victorian Chief Health Officer Dr Rosemary Lester warned mandatory isolation could be enforced in the worst case scenario.

'We can force someone to stay quarantined,' she said.

'Each state and territory has public health laws which can require that people undertake certain actions including being isolated.'

Seven arrests, dozens fined at Melbourne anti-mask protest

Seven arrests, dozens fined at Melbourne anti-mask protest

Luke Cooper

59 mins ago
Seven people have been arrested and dozens fined after a "Freedom Day" anti-mask protest rally was held in the Melbourne CBD.
Victoria Police today confirmed the arrests in a statement, and said that 27 fines had been issued for breaches of Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton's public order for people to stay home as a result of the devastating coronavirus pandemic crisis happening in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member