Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY for the link. This does not seem to be real Covid 19 treatment but supposed preventative therapies. He's not treating Covid patients it seems. He should not be called a Covid doctor and should be struck of IMO.

From the link -

"The witness said Allure engaged in a scheme to defraud the U.S. by submitting fraudulent claims to Medicare for varicose vein treatments.

“Claims were false and fraudulent because they were for services that were unreasonable, unnecessary, or that simply did not occur as Allure reported to have occurred,” Health and Human Services Special Agent Steven Warren wrote in an affidavit attached to the criminal complaint.

The witness also told investigators Allure started offering high-dose vitamin C infusions to patients at risk of contracting COVID-19 and to those who had tested positive for the virus.

Mok marketed the treatments in a video, saying the infusions were being used at hospitals nationwide to treat the most advanced COVID-19-related diseases for people who had tested positive for the virus, the agent wrote.

Mok said the infusions reduced the duration and severity of COVID-19 symptoms, according to the court filing.

“In other statements, he recognizes that vitamin C has not been approved by the FDA or any other agency or recognized medical association to treat COVID-19,” Warren wrote."

Last edited:
Why is everyone thinking this pandemic is over? I am exasperated with openings, despite 1000 Americans average dying per day, despite the virus rising. Do the stats below indicate this is over???
Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?

Guam - 75 new cases daily
Iowa - 994 new cases daily
N Dakota - 223 new cases daily
Mississippi - 749 new cases daily
S Dakota - 215 new cases daily

Why is everyone thinking this pandemic is over? I am exasperated with openings, despite 1000 Americans average dying per day, despite the virus rising. Do the stats below indicate this is over???
Coronavirus Maps: How Severe Is Your State's Outbreak?

Guam - 75 new cases daily
Iowa - 994 new cases daily
N Dakota - 223 new cases daily
Mississippi - 749 new cases daily
S Dakota - 215 new cases daily
Because people do not believe the stats and think that they are being manipulated for profit or political gain and they are being encouraged to.

<RSBM>

One fear I have about quarantine is that I'm not getting the normal immune challenges (exposure to common colds) that I would normally get. I think any prompting for the immune system right now, while unpleasant, does gear us up for a milder course of CoVid, if we get it.

Yes, me too. I think all of the sterilising that we are doing and all of the social distancing, as well, is likely going to bring our general resistance level down.

Someone mentioned a friend's relative passed away and the hospital "ask" if they could use Covid as reason for death, to collect additional money.

I tried to explain CMS is requiring a lot of additional medical information in order to pay the higher rate. It would be hard to fake a Covid death in a hospital without all the testing, labs, xrays, etc. Hospitals aren't going to knowingly commit fraud, Someone will always know and the risk of a whistleblower suit is to great. Qui tam suits provide the whistleblower with 25% of the fine or settlement. The governments incentive to encourage employees to report.

Moo...
Yes I think I saw that and am wondering if these types of deaths are what make up the "probable" Covid deaths, maybe those who died "with" Covid but not "of" Covid or those who died within 60 days of something other than Covid but had a positive test some point in the prior 60 days.

Yes I think I saw that and am wondering if these types of deaths are what make up the "probable" Covid deaths, maybe those who died "with" Covid but not "of" Covid or those who died within 60 days of something other than Covid but had a positive test some point in the prior 60 days.
No doctor would ever ask a patients relatives for permission to falsify a death certificate and unless the doctor owns the hospital, there would be no profit in it them.

Staring Down a Permanent Last Call, Arizona Bars Mount a Protest at the Capitol

"Drinkers belong in bars,” she said. “Restaurants want us to take our people back. They're 86ing people out of Olive Garden." I read that line, in the print edition, at lunch today and almost fell off my bar stool!

I noticed that a dive bar, near here, is open today. This place has no kitchen, so I'd love to see how they are now a "restaurant."

No. That's not the criteria for probable. There are diagnostics that lead to a "probable." Those have to be met. Doctors know and use those rules, at least in the US. I'd say all 50 states have good doctors in them: lots of very good doctors, in fact. And our coroners and medical examiners are likewise good and trustworthy.

You can probably find a counter example - but they are rare.

Four people at GOP convention in Charlotte test positive for COVID-19

Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com

7 hrs ago
Four people who were in attendance at the scaled-down Republican National Convention in Charlotte earlier this week tested positive for COVID-19, according to local health officials.

The positive tests were reported just days after county officials expressed concern that those who gathered in Charlotte for the convention were not adhering to social distancing and mask-wearing.

Two people who attended the convention and two others who served as support staff were found to have the coronavirus, Mecklenburg County officials said.

Trump ignores CDC guidelines for his convention speech

Trump ignores CDC guidelines for his convention speech

Emily Goodin, Senior U.s. Political Reporter and Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter and Geoff Earle, Deputy U.s. Political Editor and Nikki Schwab, Senior U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

22 hrs ago
President Donald Trump's speech to the Republican National Convention will feature 1,500 guests on the South Lawn of the White House with no social distancing, no mask mandate and only a few of them tested for COVID ahead of the week's grand finale.

Row after row of white folding chairs were set up on the lawn, a bottle of water with a red elephant logo on the seats. The chairs are only inches apart. Most of the guests were not wearing masks.

The president came out to check out the stage ahead of his acceptance speech for the Republican presidential nomination - the end of a week-long convention dedicated to the Trump presidency.

He was seen doing a mic test as guests were starting to arrive. He bent down to speak to a few people in the crowd.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | 2020 Interim Case Definition, Approved April 5, 2020

Case Classification
Probable

• Meets clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19.
  • Meets presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence.
  • Meets vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19.

That's great! And while a UTI is awful, there is a tiny sliver of silver lining: any infection will prompt your immune system to wake up and try to perform, which is a good exercise for it to have every once in a while.

One fear I have about quarantine is that I'm not getting the normal immune challenges (exposure to common colds) that I would normally get. I think any prompting for the immune system right now, while unpleasant, does gear us up for a milder course of CoVid, if we get it.

What about vaccinations, don't they jolt the immune system in the same way?

I got the first half of the shingles 2-shot vaccine in July and will get the second half this fall.

I've never had a flu shot (for various reasons), and had planned to start getting it when I turn 60, which is not for more than a year from now. But now I think I will get it this fall, and possibly the pneumonia vaccine (which I think you only need once and it lasts forever?)

I have a recent TDAP booster, otherwise I might get that one this year as well.

IMO-I actually think the new cases are so high because the college students are back and are not social distancing and were out at the bars (thus the bars are now closing for a month in the counties where the major universities are and nearby. I'm going to post shortly about that and new college numbers. University of Iowa is not good.

Ah. Makes sense.

I really want to hear those numbers.

What about vaccinations, don't they jolt the immune system in the same way?

I got the first half of the shingles 2-shot vaccine in July and will get the second half this fall.

I've never had a flu shot (for various reasons), and had planned to start getting it when I turn 60, which is not for more than a year from now. But now I think I will get it this fall, and possibly the pneumonia vaccine (which I think you only need once and it lasts forever?)

I have a recent TDAP booster, otherwise I might get that one this year as well.

Yes. They do. I've suited up and gone three times for my first shingles vaccine - and each time, they've been out of it.

So I guess I'll do flu shot instead.

Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com

7 hrs ago
Four people who were in attendance at the scaled-down Republican National Convention in Charlotte earlier this week tested positive for COVID-19, according to local health officials.

The positive tests were reported just days after county officials expressed concern that those who gathered in Charlotte for the convention were not adhering to social distancing and mask-wearing.

Two people who attended the convention and two others who served as support staff were found to have the coronavirus, Mecklenburg County officials said.
I’m not surprised.

Lack of masks at RNC concerns Mecklenburg County health leader | wcnc.com

Yes. They do. I've suited up and gone three times for my first shingles vaccine - and each time, they've been out of it.

So I guess I'll do flu shot instead.

I'm sorry to hear that. Living really remotely has been a big part of why I didn't feel I needed a flu shot until now (I'm just not around that many people, and don't think I've ever had the flu -- if I did it was decades ago). But now you've given me another benefit of small town living -- hardly any other people competing with me for vaccination supply!

it is amazing you can get the results in 24 hours!

I wasn't at my computer all day today, but when I checked this evening, results were there. So at most, it was 28 hrs and possibly 24 hrs as they said it would be. I suppose if it was positive my phone would have been ringing.

The little pkg of papers they gave me at the time of the Covid test included the regular sheets about how to self isolate, how to take care of someone with Covid in your home, How to self monitor, a self monitoring time sheet, and info about masks including patterns for making three different types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179