Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! Maybe the Doc really did tell him not to wear a mask. I doubt he followed it up with "but it's OK, just go out and do the things you would if you could wear a mask."

First I have heard this...has anyone heard this before? CDC says ok to break quarantine to vote.

...CDC says you can vote while under quarantine due to COVD exposure | 11alive.com

ATLANTA — For months, we've heard experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should quarantine for 14 days.

On Sunday, the CDC said that exposure to the virus "would not preclude them from exercising their right to vote."

According to the CDC, if he hasn't already, Gov. Kemp would be able to vote in person while wearing a mask, and maintaining at least six feet between election workers and other voters, and washing or sanitizing his hands before and after voting.

"We also recommend that Gov. Kemp let poll workers know that he is in quarantine when he arrives at the polling location," the CDC said in the statement. "Following these prevention steps would help to ensure he could cast his ballot while protecting others at the polling location."

I was thinking last night, what would people do if others were walking around, shopping, going to bars, going to work, going to school, going to rallies, with chickenpox?

Measles might be a more apt comparison since there are more incidences of death and permanent damage associated with it. In this case we have hundreds of thousands of people willingly and deliberately being COVID-Mary, due to conspiracy theories and deliberate disinformation from varying sources. It's mind-boggling and there will be studies on this phenomenon for decades to come, I would wager. MOO.

Warning: I’m about to rant! :mad:

We can dissect the intricacies Medicare coding/billing for COVID-19 cases and deaths ‘til the cows come home, as my mother used to say. But that isn’t the issue at hand. Potential inaccuracies in the details of billing Medicare will be sorted out later and are not contributing to inaccurately minimizing the pandemic...except in the minds and words of those promoting conspiracy theories.

The issue at hand is that people in high positions are dangerously and deliberately minimizing Covid-19 to the detriment of every citizen of this country. The issue is stating as fact that doctors are deliberately and falsely inflating Covid cases and deaths for the purpose of billing Medicare more in order to profit. That is deliberately maligning the motives of doctors and hospitals who are trying their best to help people. Again, it deliberately minimizes the pandemic. That is what the these people are hearing...and that feeds the conspiracy theories they believe and makes it harder to control the pandemic. Deliberately promoting that kind of thinking is evil and is certainly a much bigger issue than any inaccuracy in billing Medicare IMO.

A large and vocal number of commenters on the FB feeds of my local news stations here in rural southern Oregon believe we are being fed false information about the pandemic by the medical profession (including Dr Fauci) and our governor in order to frighten us into submission to the government and take away our freedom. For months they have said that cases and deaths are falsely inflated so doctors and hospitals can charge Medicare more. Their belief is that public health mandates and regulations are designed to make them submit to authority...and that they must resist at all cost. Frankly, it is frightening.

For anyone in a high position of authority to feed this propaganda to gullible people about hospitals falsely inflating Covid cases for profit is feeding the pandemic. These true believers become ammunition in opposition to controlling the pandemic. Cases are increasing in my small county at a rapid rate. The increase in cases and deaths is not caused by how Medicare is billed but by those who minimize the seriousness of the pandemic and those who believe them.

No wonder Dr Fauci is sounding the alarm loud and clear!
JMO MOO

Exactly. That’s the issue. The sole purpose of this statement was to downplay the virus. It’s pouring gasoline on the fire for those who want to believe Covid is no big deal and they will take it and run with it.

It has nothing to do with presumable deaths and analysts trying to gain a complete picture of the true impact of the virus, it has everything to do with a false claim deliberately designed to cause people to stop worrying about “covid, covid, covid, all we hear about is covid”.

First I have heard this...has anyone heard this before? CDC says ok to break quarantine to vote.

...CDC says you can vote while under quarantine due to COVD exposure | 11alive.com

ATLANTA — For months, we've heard experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should quarantine for 14 days.

On Sunday, the CDC said that exposure to the virus "would not preclude them from exercising their right to vote."

According to the CDC, if he hasn't already, Gov. Kemp would be able to vote in person while wearing a mask, and maintaining at least six feet between election workers and other voters, and washing or sanitizing his hands before and after voting.

"We also recommend that Gov. Kemp let poll workers know that he is in quarantine when he arrives at the polling location," the CDC said in the statement. "Following these prevention steps would help to ensure he could cast his ballot while protecting others at the polling location."

Yes, I remember reading about it a little while ago (weeks ago possibly). I thought at the time, what about mailing in your ballot? Or get out and vote early, while you know you are healthy? The risk of catching - or spreading - covid is (or should be) a daily concern there.

American government funds a Covid plasma manufacturing concern...that isn't.

A series of similar "investments" are recounted in the article.

Interesting stuff in that article. There seems to be a pattern here...

It’s also another in a series of contracts awarded to people with close political ties to key officials despite concerns voiced by government scientists. Among the others: an ill-conceived $21 million study of Pepcid as a COVID therapy and more than a half billion dollars to ApiJect Systems America, a startup with an unapproved medicine injection technology and no factory to manufacture the devices.

I think there needs to be a full scale investigation into newly formed or suspect companies getting virtually no-bid contracts from the Federal government during this pandemic. That's where the fraud and profiteering appears to be occurring.

Remember this from June?

Instead of COVID testing supplies, FEMA sent WA tiny soda bottles

FEMA sent the Washington State Department of Health nearly 300,000 plastic tubes. They thought they were getting test tubes for COVID-19 testing, but instead, they received tiny plastic preforms that can be made into 2-liter soda bottles.

The plastic containers are made by Fillakit, a Houston area company, which was founded six days before landing the federal contract, according to ProPublica.

ProPublica says the Trump administration has paid Fillakit 7.3 Million dollars for test tubes since May.

Someone is profiting obscenely from this global tragedy, alright, but I'm pretty sure it's not the frontline doctors.

123356330_4010137482334494_7925308301779249035_n.jpg

Destin COVID "rapid" test site closed as questions about validity arise

drove down to EC Medical Diagnostics, located in the parking lot of AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar in Destin, paid "50-something dollars" and was tested himself.

"The employee told me I was good and I did not have COVID," Fielder reported. "I asked directly if it would show if I actively had symptoms and if I actively had disease, and she said, 'Yes it would' and I probably just had the regular cold."

As a doctor, Fielder suspected otherwise. "There are no blood tests that can tell if a person has active, spreadable/communicative disease ," he told the Northwest Florida Daily News in an Oct. 24 email. "The only way to do that is with the nasal swab tests."

EC Medical Diagnostics was incorporated Aug. 26 and lists as its directors Hubert A. (Alan) Laird, the owner of the AJ's restaurant franchise and Heather Duncan, Laird's girlfriend.

Its Facebook page advertises a "rapid COVID test" for $70.

The company they were buying the tests from said they were antibody tests. Who knows how many people have been told they didn't have COVID when they did.

Destin COVID "rapid" test site closed as questions about validity arise

The company they were buying the tests from said they were antibody tests. Who knows how many people have been told they didn't have COVID when they did.

Wow. Not suspicious or potentially unethical at all. And the grift goes on...it makes me so sick to my stomach that people are acting fraudulently to make a quick buck off of other people's fears and potential medical concerns.

"Diagnostic tests are the only tests that can show if a person has an active infection with SARS-CoV2, the virus that causes COVID-19," Chapman said. "Antibody tests do not diagnose active coronavirus infection at the time of the test, nor does it show that you do not have COVID-19."

Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis acknowledged the existence of businesses across the state trying to cash in on the ongoing pandemic.

"If you're going to get a test, get something recommended by a doctor, not something you're going to do on an impulse," Patronis said. "If something sounds too good to be true, you need to be careful."

Privatized testing. What could go wrong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...970eb0-1b8b-11eb-bb35-2dcfdab0a345_story.html

‘A whole lot of hurt’: Fauci warns of covid-19 surge, offers blunt assessment of Trump’s response

“Fauci, who once took a starring role in the response and briefed the president almost every day as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, described a disjointed response as cases surge. Several current and former senior administration officials said the White House is almost entirely focused on a vaccine, even though experts warn it is unlikely to be a silver bullet that ends the pandemic immediately since it will take months under the best of circumstances to inoculate tens of millions of people to achieve herd immunity.“

[...]

“Fauci said the White House coronavirus task force meets less frequently and has far less influence as the president and his top advisers have focused on reopening the country. “Right now, the public health aspect of the task force has diminished greatly,” he said.“

[...]

“He also lamented that Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist and Trump’s favored pandemic adviser, who advocates letting the virus spread among young healthy people and reopening the country without restrictions, is the only medical adviser the president regularly meets with.

“I have real problems with that guy,” Fauci said of Atlas. “He’s a smart guy who’s talking about things that I believe he doesn’t have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn’t make any sense.”“

Wow, they kept that quiet!

Prince William 'secretly battled coronavirus in April' | Daily Mail Online

Following the news that his father and the Prime Minister had both fallen ill, William believed that going public with his sickness would only add to the nation's anxieties.

As the Queen gave her impassioned 'We Will Meet Again' address, the Duke decided it would be better not to add to Britain's strain, sources said.

And despite the impact the virus had on him, the father-of-three continued to contact frontline NHS workers to tell them how 'proud' he was of their commitment.

Last edited:
But isn’t the false narrative the implication that doctors all across America are falsifying records for financial gain? Yet that’s what was said at the rally and people are going to take that and run with it, once again downplaying this virus while numbers rise and rise and rise and rise and rise. I’m just an outside observer but this seems to me to be a big and ongoing problem in the USA. The messaging from the top is really shocking to me.

Yes, in the video, there was a lot of supportive cheering or whatever you want to call it when these words were spoken.

Eta:
@DrTedros

I have been identified as a contact of someone who has tested positive for #COVID19. I am well and without symptoms but will self-quarantine over the coming days, in line with
@WHO
protocols, and work from home.

Noooooooo...:( I will DIE if this man gets ill, tellin you guys right now. Please, please stay well, Doc T. You are my absolute hero, we need you. The world needs you. I am glad you are currently without symptoms and to date only a contact, and am sending you all the best, always. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you and your team have done.

Doc T has hypertension, I remember him saying. :( Gah, I’m going to be sweating it badly for a while til I know he’s in the clear.

Last edited:
Wow, they kept that quiet!

Prince William 'secretly battled coronavirus in April' | Daily Mail Online

Following the news that his father and the Prime Minister had both fallen ill, William believed that going public with his sickness would only add to the nation's anxieties.

As the Queen gave her impassioned 'We Will Meet Again' address, the Duke decided it would be better not to add to Britain's strain, sources said.

And despite the impact the virus had on him, the father-of-three continued to contact frontline NHS workers to tell them how 'proud' he was of their commitment.

Wow!

It is a much better constructed study than the Sturgis study, if anyone is interested in methods.

700 dead, as well.

Thousands of people potentially health compromised for years to come. Hundreds of families experiencing permanent loss and tragedy.

Someone definitely needs to be held accountable for all of this preventable suffering.

When a patient is on Hospice, they are terminal. They cannot enter the Hospice program until a doctor says they are not expected to live more than 6 months and diagnosis down with a terminal illness or disease or condition.

dbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member