Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to my confusion over how the US has a “surplus” of vaccines to ship out, I investigated the mega-vaccine site in my area today. I’ve been registered with my state for months now as a person meeting the criteria for group 1A. I was emailed that I’d be notified when an appt spot opened up for me. Today, I went into the registration area of the mega site just to see. I scrolled to May of 2023 and there were zero available slots open daily from now until then. There are only 3 days a week when shots are being given, in the first place. This entire week until 2023 are not open. People are recommending to just take the first opening, even if it’s months out as appts are then opening up much sooner. Uh, how? I also checked cvs and every store in my entire state is full for the entire week (which is all they post at a time). So beyond frustrated!

I'd tell you to explain to her, that if everyone behaved like she is, then we wouldn't stop the virus, which is why it's important that everyone is on the same page and gets one when they're able to. <modsnip: unnecessary>

Anyone that actually believes that. -you will never convince them otherwise-
that type of person will not be amenable to reason

To add to my confusion over how the US has a “surplus” of vaccines to ship out, I investigated the mega-vaccine site in my area today. I’ve been registered with my state for months now as a person meeting the criteria for group 1A. I was emailed that I’d be notified when an appt spot opened up for me. Today, I went into the registration area of the mega site just to see. I scrolled to May of 2023 and there were zero available slots open daily from now until then. There are only 3 days a week when shots are being given, in the first place. This entire week until 2023 are not open. People are recommending to just take the first opening, even if it’s months out as appts are then opening up much sooner. Uh, how? I also checked cvs and every store in my entire state is full for the entire week (which is all they post at a time). So beyond frustrated!
Are you saying that there are no available vaccine appointments in your state until 2023? Sorry but something isn't right with that.

Time to make a phone call for clarification.

A friend of mine who is anti-vax (believes there are 'nanobots' in them that the government will use to control your brain with) said that she doesn't need to get a vaccination because everyone else is, so that should stop the virus. Anyone else hearing this? I think it's a dangerous idea that I hope does not become a trend...
What?! o_O

My state has its own COVID website where you can go through the checklist to see the requirements to be eligible for vaccine. If you meet the requirements (and I do) you then submit your personal and contact information on the site. They then send an email confirming that you are registered and eligible and that they will send an email when an appt opens up. The mega site in my county only does vaccinations 3 days a week. I have not received an email saying that there’s a spot open for me and everyone I have spoken to has said the waiting list is huge. One person told me that she registered in early Jan and it was already booked out until September due to only 3 days a week/limited vaccine arriving in state for disbursement. But this person said she booked the September spot anyway (since September is better than never) and the hospital sending its employees to the mega site to administer shots then emailed her within 2 weeks with an opening. What I’m saying is I tried to do just that today (assuming I’d be given maybe a November spot) and next to every single day (3 days a week) until May 2023 it lists available appts at zero. We are being told that 1) the vaccine isn’t arriving, 2) the system is glitchy, 3) they are randomly assigning numbers in the queue to people waiting for an appt so that no one can sit on 20 devices to try to get appts, etc. No matter the reason, how can we say we have a surplus when people in my area are not able to be vaccinated? My state is seeing rising cases and rising deaths (again) and mask use is not up. It’s very very frustrating when some of us want to do our part and we can’t. Sometimes I feel like the last year of sacrifice was for nothing. So many lives lost, so much isolation, so much financial destruction, time lost socially. And yet the ones who never masked or isolated are still going on like there is no virus. It’s like “here we go again”.

sorry this was to answer Ranch

My state has its own COVID website where you can go through the checklist to see the requirements to be eligible for vaccine. If you meet the requirements (and I do) you then submit your personal and contact information on the site. They then send an email confirming that you are registered and eligible and that they will send an email when an appt opens up. The mega site in my county only does vaccinations 3 days a week. I have not received an email saying that there’s a spot open for me and everyone I have spoken to has said the waiting list is huge. One person told me that she registered in early Jan and it was already booked out until September due to only 3 days a week/limited vaccine arriving in state for disbursement. But this person said she booked the September spot anyway (since September is better than never) and the hospital sending its employees to the mega site to administer shots then emailed her within 2 weeks with an opening. What I’m saying is I tried to do just that today (assuming I’d be given maybe a November spot) and next to every single day (3 days a week) until May 2023 it lists available appts at zero. We are being told that 1) the vaccine isn’t arriving, 2) the system is glitchy, 3) they are randomly assigning numbers in the queue to people waiting for an appt so that no one can sit on 20 devices to try to get appts, etc. No matter the reason, how can we say we have a surplus when people in my area are not able to be vaccinated? My state is seeing rising cases and rising deaths (again) and mask use is not up. It’s very very frustrating when some of us want to do our part and we can’t. Sometimes I feel like the last year of sacrifice was for nothing. So many lives lost, so much isolation, so much financial destruction, time lost socially. And yet the ones who never masked or isolated are still going on like there is no virus. It’s like “here we go again”.

How frustrating for you!

If I had to guess, it would be that they are having difficulties getting shots into arms quickly enough. Quickly enough to use those vaccine supplies before they expire.

In my state they are providing all the vaccine-registered GP offices with just 50 doses per week. To try to keep fairness in distribution, maintain 'fresh' vaccine supply, and allow the GPs to be able to vaccinate 10 people per day on top of their usual busy schedules.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises announce they are relaunching in June - but you can only travel if you are fully COVID vaccinated sparking calls to boycott firms for 'eroding freedoms'

The move ends a yearlong forced hiatus following the outbreak of the pandemic. But the decision to only allow vaccinated customers on board has sparked calls to boycott the firms from some.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises will relaunching in June - but only for vaccinated passengers | Daily Mail Online

We must not allow a little pandemic to erode our freedoms. Like the freedom to infect others, spread the virus, and kill strangers. I predicted this EXACT THING months ago, when the discussion began about requiring vaccination to do things like fly, cruise, attend concerts/sporting events, etc. I said there would be blowback from the "OH NO, OUR FREEDOMS" crowd, so this is of no surprise at all.

The human race really needs and deserves a Captain Trips event in order to save the planet.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises announce they are relaunching in June - but you can only travel if you are fully COVID vaccinated sparking calls to boycott firms for 'eroding freedoms'

The move ends a yearlong forced hiatus following the outbreak of the pandemic. But the decision to only allow vaccinated customers on board has sparked calls to boycott the firms from some.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises will relaunching in June - but only for vaccinated passengers | Daily Mail Online

We must not allow a little pandemic to erode our freedoms. Like the freedom to infect others, spread the virus, and kill strangers. I predicted this EXACT THING months ago, when the discussion began about requiring vaccination to do things like fly, cruise, attend concerts/sporting events, etc. I said there would be blowback from the "OH NO, OUR FREEDOMS" crowd, so this is of no surprise at all.

The human race really needs and deserves a Captain Trips event in order to save the planet.

Have humans always been this ignorant, selfish and stupid? Unreal!!!!

Can you register at some other site, besides your state's Covid website? for example, at a hospital web site---or can you register at Meijer's or other pharmacies? I don't know what state you are in but what you describe does not make sense

Every cvs in my state is showing “full” as the status for the entire week. I haven’t heard of any other drugstore who got the vaccine yet. The hospital is in charge of the mega site. :( My friend told me this evening that our county sheriff has been putting out nightly “emergency psa” posts to alert to cancellations at the mega site for the following day. I’m going to follow him so I get those posts.
Can you register at some other site, besides your state's Covid website? for example, at a hospital web site---or can you register at Meijer's or other pharmacies? I don't know what state you are in but what you describe does not make sense

Ignoring CDC warnings, more than 1 million passengers have flown from US airports for 10 straight days

Can the Federal government control the use of airlines for people traveling in the US? I know they grounded all airlines after 9/11 so I assume they can curtail all vacation travelers.

Maybe they should stop all unessential airline travel. JMO

Air travel in the US: More than 1 million passengers have flown from airports for 10 straight days - CNN[/QUOTE
Since the beginning of the pandemic, I’ve felt that unnecessary airline travel should be banned. My son worked in Nova Scotia for a major drilling company but lives in Louisiana. Early last year, the company pulled all of it’s worker off the rig, mid-drilling, and ordered to return because the borders were closing. He was fortunate to be transferred to a rig where he could drive to that is 12 hrs. from home. He was uneasy flying due to the lax restrictions in the airport and plane.

Americans traveling for Thanksgiving and Christmas added to the surge.

This is such good news

WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. (AP) — The Navajo Nation on Monday reported no new COVID-19 cases and no deaths.
It was the second consecutive day that the tribe has not recorded a coronavirus-related death.

“Once again, the Navajo Nation is exemplifying what can be accomplished when we listen to the public health experts and work together. Our hard work is paying off and our prayers are being answered,” tribal President Jonathan Nez said in a statement.
“The fight against COVID-19 continues on."

Arizona Daily Star: Navajo Nation reports no new coronavirus cases and no deaths.
Navajo Nation reports no new coronavirus cases and no deaths

Covid: AstraZeneca vaccine 79% effective with no increased blood clot risk – US trial

Study of over 32,000 people included review of risks of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.

The vaccine was 100% effective against severe or critical disease and hospitalisation and was safe.

... the panel found “no increased risk of thrombosis or events characterised by thrombosis among the 21,583 participants receiving at least one dose of the vaccine. The specific search for CVST found no events in this trial”

Every cvs in my state is showing “full” as the status for the entire week. I haven’t heard of any other drugstore who got the vaccine yet. The hospital is in charge of the mega site. :( My friend told me this evening that our county sheriff has been putting out nightly “emergency psa” posts to alert to cancellations at the mega site for the following day. I’m going to follow him so I get those posts.
What state are you in?

New cases of Covid-19 are once again on the rise across more than half of the United States

As of Sunday, the seven-day average of new cases rose by 5% or more in 27 states

About 68.8% of those 65 and older have received at least one shot of a vaccine as of Sunday, according to the CDC. In total, more than 124.4 million doses have been administered, but most of those are for two-dose vaccines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/22/cov...-of-the-us-as-country-races-to-vaccinate.html

All I can say is hang in there. I have a feeling you will get the vaccine sooner than you think.

I'm sorry to hear that. Try calling individual doctors' offices. that's how I was able to schedule my mom's first vaccine. All of the online, sign-up sites were showing as booked, but when I called around, I discovered private offices were also administering the vaccines and I got her in quickly. I think lack of communication is a problem right now, but don't give up. Try different avenues. Best of luck!

I think We have a few of these services in Massachusetts. No guarantee but “better than nothing”. Good luck and keep trying. Spouses work gave a questionnaire about getting the shot so hoping they’re planning a vaccine event or something. Told spouse if he can bring a friend to take the grown up kid.
New Service Sends Text Alerts For Leftover COVID Vaccines Nearby
More at link
Two engineers created a standby list for the coronavirus vaccine at locations in Massachusetts
A new website, called “Vaccination Standby," was launched to prevent wasting as many doses of the coronavirus vaccine as possible.

Registered providers sometimes end up with a surplus when people miss appointments or when vails come with extra doses, according to the VaxStandby website, which must used within six hours lest they be thrown away.

The providers tell the service how much is leftover, the time remaining and how many people they want to notify. VaxStandby then sends a text message to registered people in the area, based on zip code, in case they can make it to the site.

People can sign up online to receive text alerts when doses become available at a nearby vaccine site.

More than 1,200 coronavirus vaccine dose have been tossed so far during Massachusetts’ highly-scrutinized vaccine rollout, the state's Department of Public Health confirmed earlier this week.

The idea behind the service is to reduce waste, but also to avoid situations like the long lines at a mass vaccination site in Danvers, which formed when word spread that extra doses were available.

Creators of VaxStandby emphasize that a vaccine isn’t guaranteed, even if you get a text. The service was developed by two software engineers, one of whom is a Watertown resident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member