Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this.... do you know if they have ONLY used their own produced vaccine?

Yes, China is only using their own vaccine. And if you go to China as a citizen or resident, you have to quarantine in their facilities and get their vaccine, even if you have been vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna or other vaccine. We have a home in Beijing, and can't get there for almost two years now. We don't want to quarantine in the Communist party's facilities or get their vaccine. So we wait.

I respectfully disagree.
This is just my opinion.
I think that health insurance companies ARE
going to shut down footing the bill for those who have refused to get vaccinated.
These insurance companies are facing untold millions of dollars to pay for hospitalization of people who have refused the vaccines.
And yes, when you are facing possible bankruptcy because you did not get the vaccine, That might be the biggest motivator for many.
Speaking for myself, If my husband and myself were looking at bankruptcy due to not getting the vaccine.... No question. We would get the vaccine.
P.S. Both of us are fully vaccinated since February.

Probably when they do the same for smokers, overweight people and those who refuse to exercise.

In these older years of mine, I do not find patience a virtue.
Well, I also do not find politicians on any continent "Virtuous" .
I'm sorry Sundog that you cannot go home.
I completely understand why you have decided against the mandates that have been put in front of you.
I'm positive that wonderful people, await you. Big hugs to you and yours.

Yes, China is only using their own vaccine. And if you go to China as a citizen or resident, you have to quarantine in their facilities and get their vaccine, even if you have been vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna or other vaccine. We have a home in Beijing, and can't get there for almost two years now. We don't want to quarantine in the Communist party's facilities or get their vaccine. So we wait.

Very sick people don't post on social media from the hospital....sooo

I hope that there is no suggestion here that the covid victim is lying.
Sydney hospitals are allowing absolutely no visitors, due to covid. And they haven't been allowing visitors for about a month (and ongoing).
As this patient was taking oxygen (not on a ventilator), SM will likely have been her only easy way of letting her loved ones know she was somewhat alright. If anyone was able to get through to her ward on the phone, all they would have been told is that she was stable or similar.
She was in hospital for 8 days, obviously ill but not the most severe case.

Sydney COVID: Visitors blocked as hospitals on red alert

My understanding that once vaccine is granted full FDA approval, a doctor should be able to prescribe a third shot.

That's encouraging. I got the J&J and I've wanted to get a booster but when I called, the clinic said until boosters are actually recommended, they wouldn't give me one.

I realize that I could go to a different place and get a shot while pretending it's my first one, but that would skew the vaccine count and could lead to thinking that more are vaccinated than really are.

I respectfully disagree.
This is just my opinion.
I think that health insurance companies ARE
going to shut down footing the bill for those who have refused to get vaccinated.
These insurance companies are facing untold millions of dollars to pay for hospitalization of people who have refused the vaccines.
And yes, when you are facing possible bankruptcy because you did not get the vaccine, That might be the biggest motivator for many.
Speaking for myself, If my husband and myself were looking at bankruptcy due to not getting the vaccine.... No question. We would get the vaccine.
P.S. Both of us are fully vaccinated since February.

That's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure it would be legal.

Plus, I'm not sure it would act as an impetus for the unvaccinated to get the shot.

I agree that when you're looking at bankruptcy, many (myself included) would opt to take the vaccine, but the ones who aren't getting the shot, are banking on the idea that they aren't going to get sick.

We are seeing a lot of vaccine hesitancy in groups that are below the poverty level, and for them, bankruptcy likely isn't that big of a threat.

Went out for the first time in a week or so, I walked, to collect mail at the post office and a quick 6 min visit to a pharmacy and to the bank

Spotted lots of people wearing masks, but also quite a few with them around their necks and some with none.
A man going into the post office had the mask only over his mouth. Saw a woman later, the same.
I had to back away from someone I knew, not only that but she coughed. We both had the masks on properly though.

I think the panic over the positive cases in the area has died down now. I bet the next time I go out there will be even less people wearing the mask correctly or not wearing them at all.

Went out for the first time in a week or so, I walked, to collect mail at the post office and a quick 6 min visit to a pharmacy and to the bank

Spotted lots of people wearing masks, but also quite a few with them around their necks and some with none.
A man going into the post office had the mask only over his mouth. Saw a woman later, the same.
I had to back away from someone I knew, not only that but she coughed. We both had the masks on properly though.

I think the panic over the positive cases in the area has died down now. I bet the next time I go out there will be even less people wearing the mask correctly or not wearing them at all.

In the US, they keep saying the UK cases are dropping drastically....

Is that for real?
And when do the kids go back to school?

Is that for real?

Toots is in Australia, but I’m in England and most kids go back to school here around 8th Sept (a week or two earlier in Scotland).

Yes, cases are dropping every day, BUT our secondary school children were doing the rapid tests twice a week, and I am sure many won’t be doing them as regularly during the summer hols, so that might skew the numbers… the pessimistic in me is a little cynical o_O

The good thing is our “opening up” mid July plus the tennis / football / festivals / pub life doesn’t appear to have had a very dramatic impact on case numbers. Touch wood.

Very sick people don't post on social media from the hospital....sooo

That is not true
There are "very sick people" who are hospitalized, no matter the cause or reason, that can be able to communicate to whomever they want, through a variety of electronic devices, even if their condition is imminently terminal

What is true, is that someone in a coma, or an induced coma, no matter the reason, cannot do the same

This is my experience garnered working as an RN with the caveat that I am not verified on Websleuths, so the above I am stating as my opinion

Country town in rural New South Wales, Australia. Population around 42,000.

Lucky so far re the virus in our area. Only 1 death so far, last year at the beginning, resident of a town about 45km away but the lady died in
Sydney, after being on a cruise ship.

Is that for real?

Toots is in Australia, but I’m in England and most kids go back to school here around 8th Sept (a week or two earlier in Scotland).

Yes, cases are dropping every day, BUT our secondary school children were doing the rapid tests twice a week, and I am sure many won’t be doing them as regularly during the summer hols, so that might skew the numbers… the pessimistic in me is a little cynical o_O

The good thing is our “opening up” mid July plus the tennis / football / festivals / pub life doesn’t appear to have had a very dramatic impact on case numbers. Touch wood.

Cags... do try to keep us informed of the analysis of the lowering numbers.... could that happen here?
Not sure what the parallels and contrasts would be.. but I know we have felt we are following you guys often....

Sorry Toots.. I KNEW you were down under...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams