Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98

PLEASE NOTE:

Tricia set up the Covid forum for people who are genuinely concerned about Covid-19. It is not for anyone who is here with a view to minimizing its existence or downplaying the severity of it. Please know that MSM, scientists, politicians, government agencies worldwide are not involved in the biggest conspiracy in the history of man to convey the pandemic as more serious than it is.

If you aren't concerned about Covid-19, this Covid forum is not for you. There are lots of other Websleuths threads you can participate in that need your help.

Members whose posts seem designed to downplay the seriousness of the virus or the pandemic may experience a loss of posting privileges, whether a Thread Reply Ban or Time Out of minimum 1 week up to 3 months from the Websleuths forum.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:
‘I Think We’ve Scared People’: Scientists Say Biden Jumped the Gun With Vaccine Booster Plan

As some scientists see it, the announcement is rash and based on weak evidence, and they worry it could undercut confidence in vaccines with no clear benefit of controlling the pandemic. Meanwhile, more information is needed on potential side effects or adverse effects from a booster shot, they say.

Perhaps even worse, the announcement has fueled deeper confusion about what Americans need to do to protect themselves from covid.

“I think we’ve scared people,” said Dr. Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and an adviser to the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration.

“We sent a terrible message,” he said. “We just sent a message out there that people who consider themselves fully vaccinated were not fully vaccinated. And that’s the wrong message, because you are protected against serious illness.”

Well damn. I know he’s vaccinated right?
Yes. First dose in January.

“Jesse Jackson, a famed civil rights leader, is vaccinated against the virus and received his first dose in January during a publicized event as he urged others to receive the inoculation as soon as possible. The two are being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.”

Last edited:
Yes. First dose in January.

“Jesse Jackson, a famed civil rights leader, is vaccinated against the virus and received his first dose in January during a publicized event as he urged others to receive the inoculation as soon as possible. The two are being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.”
So much for Biden jumping the gun on boosters. Look what's happening.

Slipknot's Corey Taylor 'Devastated' After Testing Positive for COVID-19: 'I'm Very, Very Sick'

“Taylor has spent this summer traveling across the U.S. promoting his solo album, 2020's CMFT. The singer concluded his tour with an Aug. 19 stop in Denver before he shared his positive COVID-19 test the next day.

According to Rolling Stone, Taylor's CMFT tour included a stop at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Aug. 11.”

Sturgis, Denver.....:eek:

Korn's Jonathan Davis Tests Positive for COVID-19, Band Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates

Melissa Joan Hart Reveals She Contracted Breakthrough COVID-19 – SheKnows

Her kids hadn’t been required to mask up while at school:

"I’m really mad they didn’t have to wear masks at school. I’m pretty sure that's where this came from."

upload_2021-8-21_21-39-44.png
“I got COVID. I am vaccinated, and I got COVID and it’s bad. It’s weighing on my chest. It’s hard to breathe,” Hart told her followers.“One of my kids I think has it so far. I’m praying that the other ones are OK.”

Hart went on to say in her video that she feels the breakthrough cases came from people around the country being “lazy” about taking the precautions we know work (masking, social distancing, thorough hand-washing, etc.) and that her kids hadn’t been required to mask up while at school:

“We got a little lazy, and I think as a country we got lazy and I’m really mad they didn’t have to wear masks at school. I’m pretty sure that's where this came from, and [there’s] nothing I can do about it now.”

She did say that her youngest child (shared with husband Mark Wilkerson) who didn’t test positive, has been a “superhero” by really taking to heart the need to mask up to protect himself, his teachers and peers.

While no one should feel guilty or like it’s a moral failing that they caught what is likely a highly infectious variant of an already super infectious virus, Hart says she does feel “sad and disappointed” in herself for getting lax on precautions and encouraged her followers to “stay vigilant and stay safe.”

Last edited:
‘I Think We’ve Scared People’: Scientists Say Biden Jumped the Gun With Vaccine Booster Plan

As some scientists see it, the announcement is rash and based on weak evidence, and they worry it could undercut confidence in vaccines with no clear benefit of controlling the pandemic. Meanwhile, more information is needed on potential side effects or adverse effects from a booster shot, they say.

Perhaps even worse, the announcement has fueled deeper confusion about what Americans need to do to protect themselves from covid.

“I think we’ve scared people,” said Dr. Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and an adviser to the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration.

“We sent a terrible message,” he said. “We just sent a message out there that people who consider themselves fully vaccinated were not fully vaccinated. And that’s the wrong message, because you are protected against serious illness.”

Not confused at all. Seriously ticked off that it's even necessary due to other people's hateful attitude towards public health, but not confused at all. I think secondary schools should be virtual for a semester (except for students with special ed accommodations) until teachers and students can get the boosters. It is seriously killing me to think of my colleagues' unvaccinated children at home, or the students' little brothers and sisters, while we pack into a class and pray the masks are enough.

Coalition of Groups to Rally Against LA's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate in Santa Monica

A coalition of groups including medical professionals, first responders, parents and students will gather in Santa Monica Sunday to protest Los Angeles' impending COVID-19 vaccine mandate, saying it will segregate the city, breed more hate and violate the rights of tens of thousands of people.
Speakers were scheduled to include human rights lawyer Leigh Dundes, Dr. Simone Gold, founder of America's Frontline Doctors,...

Gold was arrested for taking part in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and charged with disorderly conduct. She later said she regretted being there.
The groups object to the vaccine mandate on several grounds:

-- They say it will not address the problem of the COVID-19 outbreak. “Those who take the vaccine can still get and transmit the virus,” they say....

-- They say it violates medical privacy by making private medical matters public,...

-- They say it will create a “two-tiered society,” foster segregation because those who are not vaccinated will not be allowed to participate in society, and breed more hate in Los Angeles....

-- They worry that it could be a “pre-cursor to a digital infrastructure that not only controls entrance into indoor spaces, but controls education, employment, travel, finances, and potentially all movement or interaction in society.”

-- They're concerned that once a mandate is enacted, officials will continue to require more and more “booster shots” of the vaccine.

Delta has invaded Australia, New Zealand, and also Hawaii. They were doing so well.:(:(

Queen’s Health Systems declare state of emergency as COVID-19 patients surge in Hawaii hospitals

The Queen’s Health Systems declared an “internal state of emergency” Friday as an influx of COVID-19 patients at its West Oahu hospital outstripped available beds and the ability of staff to care for them.
Chang said that at one point 63 patients showed up at the emergency department at The Queen’s Medical Center-West Oahu, 26 of whom believed they were sick with COVID-19.

“That’s a crisis because that emergency department has 24 beds, and 63 makes it very tough for us to provide the right amount of care,” he said.

All of the 104 beds at the West Oahu hospital are full, and as many patients as possible are being transferred to The Queen’s Medical Center in downtown Honolulu and potentially the neighbor islands, said Chang.

But that too is a challenge, as those hospitals are also struggling to take care of the increase in patients as COVID-19 cases soar throughout the islands.

New Dubbo COVID-19 mass vaccination hub turns people away after 'massive response'

Dubbo’s first walk-in vaccination clinic had to temporarily shut its doors as health authorities tried to manage the "massive response," after hundreds of people arrived to wait for a COVID-19 vaccine.

The first residents arrived at Pioneer Park at 4:30am to get in line, with some waiting up to six hours – with children - to get the jab.

Melissa Joan Hart Reveals She Contracted Breakthrough COVID-19 – SheKnows

Her kids hadn’t been required to mask up while at school:

"I’m really mad they didn’t have to wear masks at school. I’m pretty sure that's where this came from."

View attachment 309737
“I got COVID. I am vaccinated, and I got COVID and it’s bad. It’s weighing on my chest. It’s hard to breathe,” Hart told her followers.“One of my kids I think has it so far. I’m praying that the other ones are OK.”

Hart went on to say in her video that she feels the breakthrough cases came from people around the country being “lazy” about taking the precautions we know work (masking, social distancing, thorough hand-washing, etc.) and that her kids hadn’t been required to mask up while at school:

“We got a little lazy, and I think as a country we got lazy and I’m really mad they didn’t have to wear masks at school. I’m pretty sure that's where this came from, and [there’s] nothing I can do about it now.”

She did say that her youngest child (shared with husband Mark Wilkerson) who didn’t test positive, has been a “superhero” by really taking to heart the need to mask up to protect himself, his teachers and peers.

While no one should feel guilty or like it’s a moral failing that they caught what is likely a highly infectious variant of an already super infectious virus, Hart says she does feel “sad and disappointed” in herself for getting lax on precautions and encouraged her followers to “stay vigilant and stay safe.”

I really don't think we can beat this virus with kids going to school unmasked. I think the mother is right that there's a good chance her children brought the virus home. Even if an infected child doesn't show serious symptoms, they can still transmit the virus to parents, grandparents, and others. It's just nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50