Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting mine tomorrow at 9:45. I live alone, so will do a shout out to neighbors prior as we take care of each other. Yet all I have seen from folks here who had had... it's just work through it. Our bodies per Dr. Campbell can go for much time without food... and I will put Gatorade/Powerade right this minute by my bed for hydration. Aches/headache expected to be minimal as my first shot! I have no idea which one I'll be getting at the mass vaccination site, even though I have googled!
Go Dixie! Xx

Getting mine tomorrow at 9:45. I live alone, so will do a shout out to neighbors prior as we take care of each other. Yet all I have seen from folks here who had had... it's just work through it. Our bodies per Dr. Campbell can go for much time without food... and I will put Gatorade/Powerade right this minute by my bed for hydration. Aches/headache expected to be minimal as my first shot! I have no idea which one I'll be getting at the mass vaccination site, even though I have googled!

I've talked to close to 100 mature adults who've had the vaccine since Feb., and have read every post here.
Overall, people are having some temporary aches and chills, some mild fevers. Like a flu shot reaction when I was 30, I'd say.

If you are mobile, walking around in your house is probably better than being still. If you are a normal portion and food consumer, maybe pick up a rotisserie chicken and a few veggie sides to keep some food in your tummy. ( or whatever you like in the way of protein and veggies).
If you feel like ice cream for 3 days, eat ice cream for 3 days. If you crave hot oatmeal, just look for the Quaker packets in the pantry. :)
I have had a lot of oatmeal and Jell-O heat and serve chocolate pudding I fix in the microwave. These are my comfort foods from childhood.
You probably have yours too. Be good to your body. Gatorade won't give you many calories. Pamper yourself according to your safety needs. Take long soaking baths or relaxing showers and the muscle aches will be so much better if you have any. If not, just take the soaking treatments to relax and sleep well.

I know you are strong in will and I want you to come back and tell us what you got and how it went, OK?
BTW, I wrote this to you because it touched my heart that you're alone. I had a run of kidney stones right after I married this husband, and I had gruesome probing surgeries with all kinds of stents placed and had a catheter and a metal stent taped to my leg for 2 weeks after every single surgery.
My husband, 32 years old and dumb as dirt about women, illness, and pain left me alone for over 12 hours a day.
I learned: I'd get him to bring home foods I could put in a bedside cooler along with 2 huge insulated stainless steel 2 liter bottle I kept liquids in ( I don't like plain water- never have). I'd cover most of the bed with a towel in case I spilled something, and I'd simply spend the hours reading, loving my dogs, getting up to let them out, and performing self care.
I was new to the area- Didn't know a single person- and as an only child who had been pampered all my life when I was sick, I realized my world had shifted and it was up to me to get well and get the catheter out and the stent without being sick or getting an infection ( I had a course of antibiotics of course).

So, while we are sometimes alone, we have our inner strength, and you don't even have to reach in and find yours. It's right there with you. I bet you're one of those " showy girls" who just has a teeny bit of a sore arm. ;)
Hugs and my best wishes for your vaccine. AND no illnesses to come down the pike for decades to come.

No judgment here. You did what you had to to. In my state being almost 65 and high risk would get you a vaccine.
I am 56 and healthy but was vaccinated through my employer, a large hospital. They offered it to all employees, front line or not. I work from home! Needless to say, I was shocked when I got an invite. I even called, thinking something was off. Nope, myself and 15 of my coworkers all got vaccinated within that week. The press caught wind of the situation and my hospital took some heat. After that, no more folks that work from home were vaccinated. I would say I got lucky.

Similar to you, I got vaccinated through my employer; the university where I teach recently merged with a medical school and all employees, including younger, remotely-teaching instructors like myself, were offered the Pfizer vaccine in late January/early February. I got mine immediately, and have tried to pay it forward by staying up late for about two weeks trying to grab (shockingly-hard-to-come-by) vaccine appointments for my immediate and extended family members (those who meet the eligibility criteria, anyway), as well as for some acquaintances and “friends of friends” who are in the priority groups in my state. Had no problems with either shot, though I was a little bit tired the day after the 2nd. Feeling grateful to have had the chance to get it, and relieved to have secured the shots for my loved ones!

No judgment here. You did what you had to to. In my state being almost 65 and high risk would get you a vaccine.
I am 56 and healthy but was vaccinated through my employer, a large hospital. They offered it to all employees, front line or not. I work from home! Needless to say, I was shocked when I got an invite. I even called, thinking something was off. Nope, myself and 15 of my coworkers all got vaccinated within that week. The press caught wind of the situation and my hospital took some heat. After that, no more folks that work from home were vaccinated. I would say I got lucky.
My community has a similar situation. Local hospital, first shipment received 970 doses, health dept received 3,600 doses per the CDC website. The state dashboard showed only 4, YES 4 people in our city vaccinated, a month after shipment.

After bringing to the city council/ local media attention an investigation was opened. The local hospital and HD admitted they used the vaccines ordered for our city in another county and the hospital gave their vaccine to another Health District so they could be top dog for #of vaccines per 100k. We have vaccines almost 10k in the two weeks since this happen.

We must all remain vigilant!!! Look at your numbers and step up when things don't add up.

Last edited:
My community has a similar situation. Local hospital, first shipment received 970 doses, health dept received 3,600 doses per the CDC website. The state dashboard showed only 4, YES 4 people in our city vaccinated, a month after shipment.

After bringing to the city council/ local media attention an investigation was opened. The local hospital and HD admitted they used the vaccines ordered for our city in another county and the hospital gave their vaccine to another Health District so they could be top dog for #of vaccines per 100k. We have vaccines almost 10k in the two weeks since this happen.

We must all remain vigilant!!! Look at your numbers and step up when things don't add up.

Thanks for sharing this information. Hard to believe there is corruption even with the vaccine, but we know there is ( and most likely much more than we are aware of)

Screenshot_20210315-110057_Gallery.jpg

As you can see, I got my first shot today! Don't you love my smile! It is a smile that will be famous!

It was at a facility which had a lot of stations, 23 stations that takes a group each 15 minutes. It moves very quickly and I was in and out within 30 minutes. That includes the required 15-minute wait which they write on your piece of paper and they check the time on your way out. For those who have had previous allergic reactions, they required you to stay 30.

Of note to other people, on the printout at the very beginning it had three options. Everybody today got Pfizer it appears. But the printout showed that the moderna that they had in stock doesn't expire until August 11th of this year, and the Pfizer vaccine that they have in stock at this facility expires on June 30th of this year. Just an FYI as folks were discussing expiration dates.

I was showing me, like Dolly Parton, and did one of those shirts that has holes at the top of the sleeve LOL. Make it easy for the vaccination.

I got it in my left arm because I 100% go to sleep on my side, and 90% I go to sleep on my right side so I did not want it to be sore like my shingles vaccine was last month. That kept me awake for a couple of days because it was so sore. Right now I'm massaging my left area to perhaps decrease the soreness is I have read that that can help with soreness.

They scheduled my next vaccine for 3 weeks from now at the same location. Three weeks in one day because I did not want to do an afternoon appointment as I like to do earlier in the day. They were very flexible with it.

I also signed up for the CDC site where you share information on symptoms on your smartphone. It is an app did they talk about when you are in line and have signs for. My little part to assist and to help with others.

Hope this little bit of information is informational 2 others in some way.

Jana- I wouldn’t wish a kidney/ bladder stent on on anyone! I had one for a month and it was worse than the kidney stone!

It's very severely painful, and never really lets up until the stent is out...
I had 3 within 2 months.
My brand new husband filed for divorce, said he didn't realize he was marrying a " Chronically ill young wife".

I got the divorce action stopped, because he was nuts over " someone he loved being sick" and didn't even act like a teenager, much less a man in his 30's.
He's still a DB about illness and severe pain though.
I got him back once. He had a disc fused in his cervical spine in Dallas. I hired a limo to and from the hospital. All part of my plan.

Once he got inside the house, doing just fine, I didn't lift a finger to do a thing for him. It was " Ride hard or die" time for HIM that time.

Yeah, a COVID vaccine is pretty much a gnat flying around compared to the pain of kidney stones and procedures to remove them and then keep the urinary system open and functioning for about 2 weeks each time.

COVID was about on par with the renal problems because I had pain pills for the renal surgeries, but no one in their right mind who could stay at home during COVID would have taken a respiratory depressant medication, you know?

In the end, it all balances out, and I've had very robust health for many years. This Reactive Airway Disease ( Asthma) from COVID will stabilize with the new meds I have, and when we are free of the masking, I'm going to walk every day outdoors, and hike, and sit by the river and love nature's beauty. :)
I hope EVERYONE has made plans for little happy things to do after the masks are off, whenever it's safe to remove them... We'll know, b/c the pandemic will be over.

View attachment 288872

As you can see, I got my first shot today! Don't you love my smile! It is a smile that will be famous!

It was at a facility which had a lot of stations, 23 stations that takes a group each 15 minutes. It moves very quickly and I was in and out within 30 minutes. That includes the required 15-minute wait which they write on your piece of paper and they check the time on your way out. For those who have had previous allergic reactions, they required you to stay 30.

Of note to other people, on the printout at the very beginning it had three options. Everybody today got Pfizer it appears. But the printout showed that the moderna that they had in stock doesn't expire until August 11th of this year, and the Pfizer vaccine that they have in stock at this facility expires on June 30th of this year. Just an FYI as folks were discussing expiration dates.

I was showing me, like Dolly Parton, and did one of those shirts that has holes at the top of the sleeve LOL. Make it easy for the vaccination.

I got it in my left arm because I 100% go to sleep on my side, and 90% I go to sleep on my right side so I did not want it to be sore like my shingles vaccine was last month. That kept me awake for a couple of days because it was so sore. Right now I'm massaging my left area to perhaps decrease the soreness is I have read that that can help with soreness.

They scheduled my next vaccine for 3 weeks from now at the same location. Three weeks in one day because I did not want to do an afternoon appointment as I like to do earlier in the day. They were very flexible with it.

I also signed up for the CDC site where you share information on symptoms on your smartphone. It is an app did they talk about when you are in line and have signs for. My little part to assist and to help with others.

Ha ha, I wore a short sleeved top and the entire part of the sleeves was made of a thick European lace, an open weave which I don't know the name of.
The Paramedic asked me if I wanted him to give the injection in between the lace- I laughed as I handed him my paperwork and rolled up my sleeve. Then he goofed up my vaccine, only giving me about half.

Don't distract the people giving the injections- is my takeaway from that.

One thing that helps my arm ( when it has hurts from a vaccine.) I get those stick on heat activated patches for either arm or back, and as they have adhesive, adjust it to fit my kind of sore arm. I keep them on intermittently for about 48 hours. They are usually in the pain care in the back care area. I think McNeil makes them and the little things inside are activated by exposure to air.

View attachment 288872

Awesome that you got your shot- and for sharing your experience with us--- Love your smile LOL

View attachment 288872

Hurry for you! Love your smile...you should be in a museum somewhere- perhaps Paris? :)

That app is still tracking me even after 2 weeks out from my second shot. For the first week, it asks you to check in daily. Then it begins weekly only. The way I see it, it's useful to let them acquire data on how we all are feeling as well as how effective the vaccine continues to be. I faithfully respond every day/week. Interested to see how many weeks it will continue.

Awesome that you got your shot- and for sharing your experience with us--- Love your smile LOL

Passport photo :(
Driver License Photo o_O
Vaccine Photo :D

Hurry for you! Love your smile...you should be in a museum somewhere- perhaps Paris? :)

That app is still tracking me even after 2 weeks out from my second shot. For the first week, it asks you to check in daily. Then it begins weekly only. The way I see it, it's useful to let them acquire data on how we all are feeling as well as how effective the vaccine continues to be. I faithfully respond every day/week. Interested to see how many weeks it will continue.

I do hope it will continue for some time for knowledge and butressing. We shall see. Many will do, many will not do as they perhaps think too much sharing. To each their own.

I was very pleased that they had signs for such, but no give aways/take homes. If I had not taken a photo of the board which suggested, I wouldn't have gotten out of there remembering the site they said to go to for signing up.

Wish more for folks to sign up.... but perhaps an issue or $$ to fund giving a card for such? Dunno

Also, I've seen all those CDC cards shared online. Mine was not a card at all. It was a 9 1/2 x 11 normal paper with the information on the card.

I have on my calendar to check in a week to see if it has been added to my REQUIRED state site for vaccinations which I can access.

Last edited:
Driver License Photo o_O

I do hope it will continue for some time for knowledge and butressing. We shall see. Many will do, many will not do as they perhaps think too much sharing. To each their own.

I was very pleased that they had signs for such, but no give aways/take homes. If I had not taken a photo of the board which suggested, I wouldn't have gotten out of there remembering the site they said to go to for signing up.

Wish more for folks to sign up.... but perhaps an issue or $$ to fund giving a card for such? Dunno

Also, I've seen all those CDC cards shared online. Mine was not a card at all. It was a 9 1/2 x 11 normal paper with the information on the card.

I have on my calendar to check in a week to see if it has been added to my REQUIRED state site for vaccinations which I can access.

Did you also take a photo of your vaccine paper? DH and I have photos of our cards on our respective phones.

View attachment 288872

I'm so happy to hear you have gotten your first shot! Congratulations!

Did you also take a photo of your vaccine paper? DH and I have photos of our cards on our respective phones.

The photo is a great idea, and would add that you should also consider making a photocopy of your vaccination card or paper--that way, you can keep it with your important personal documents should you ever be unable to get online or access the digital record!

On a related note, I don't know if this is true for all Staples locations across the U.S., but I happened to be at a local store (southeast PA) yesterday and saw that Staples is offering FREE LAMINATION of Vaccination Cards/paper.

I wish I'd known of this before I fake-laminated my card (I just carefully applied two strips of clear packing tape to both sides, then trimmed the edges), but hopefully this knowledge will benefit someone else!

Hurrah my vaccine is booked for next Wednesday! Had an invite from my GP by text. Clinic is 15 mins away by car and Mr HKP will come with me to drive. Early 50s here, no health issues that put me at extra risk.

I'm intrigued to find out if it will help my long hauler symptoms. Keep you posted.

Driver License Photo o_O

Maybe we’re not talking about the same thing. Mine was a bar code in the paperwork they gave me each time I was there. It was gently suggested that I scan it with my phone. Then I receive texts from them with an option to “stop” each time. Only 2 questions now. How am I feeling? And have I tested positive?
Also I meant hurray for you... not hurry. Lol.

Absolutely NOT. I am elderly, have cancer and am in kidney failure but choose to stay vaccine free. Why? Because there hasn't been a vaccine in our history that has been approved so fast with so few trials. We have absolutely no idea what this vaccine might show up doing to our bodies in the future. I'm battling enough thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member