Could this be how the world ends in 2012?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I believe the world will end on December 21, 2012..

• Yes

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 158 51.3%
  • Not 100% Sure Either Way.

Votes: 39 12.7%
  • Not if the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu saves the day!

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • The foil hats will save us by reflecting the flares.

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • only if idiots try to bomb us out of existence to make it happen on that day

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • only if it's also Superman's day off.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Not sure but kinda hoping it does.

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Only if the zombies get us

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Only if pigs fly

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • It's only going to be a cleansing of the gene pool

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ...tap..tap..tap..is this mic on?..hello, is anybody else here?..tap..tap

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Shelter and food would not help where she is. Pretty much everyone within a wide radius would die quickly from hot gas (LOL) and air clogging ash, etc. Then, the ash would black out the sun and prevent life (plants growing, etc) from being viable over much of the northern hemisphere. People would survive around the world, mostly in the southern hemisphere but it would create mass migration and ecological disaster everywhere. It would have an effect like multiple nuclear bombs. Sounds fun, right!

I don't worry about it. I'd rather die at the beginning than live in bunkers or in a horribly altered world. My life ain't that precious to me. In fact, I don't understand why people freak about the possibility of the world ending by natural means. I would feel sad at the thought of wildlife and the wilderness being permanently destroyed, or the art and music of the ages disappearing with no one left to ever witness it. But if we're dead, we're dead. I'm more worried about things that are likely to occur like natural disasters, ecological disasters, war, etc. Guess I can't join the tin foil hat club after all. Darn it!

This is very mean and one of the funniest things I have read in awhile! Hilarious!

This is why I searched out this thread. My brother is obsessed with Camping and the whole May 21, 2011 thing. Now he's getting me obsessed. We plan to be on the phone together to await the worldwide earthquake that will rip open the whole earth, beginning in NZ, at around 11:00 p.m. pacific standard time on 5-20-11, and which will unearth every corpse that has ever been buried in the last 13,000 years, which is how old the earth is :crazy:, and the corpses who are elect will rise up to heaven with the rapture and the rest will rot on the earth. I think only four million souls total are elect. Then starts the period of tribulation for those of us not ascending, which will last until the end of the UNIVERSE, in October. Should be good times.

Camping believes in a Calvinistic form of predestination. You can't ask God to save you. Either he has elected you or you are out of luck. So, I'm not sure what the period of tribulation is for.

The sad thing is, this nut has followers. Tons. Many who are giving him his their last savings in the hope that God will have pity on them and chose to save them or in the hopes that their piousness will prove they are really among the elect. I can't decide if he's laughing all the way to the bank and will run off with his millions to Tahiti or if he really believes this codswallop. All I know is that my brother and I can't wait to see what he and his followers do on May 22, 2011. Although I hope no one kills themselves. And we hope Harold Camping, who is 89, lives to see the failure of his prediction. One month away!!!

The rapture occurred the day Mother Theresa died. She's the only one who made it.

Okay so it is plainly clear god did not - Nor will he elect my 25 yr old Family member who got caught being a bad B/F to his( will not be elected either) girlfriend in which his end changed forever after running away from a snowshovel yeilding woman (who did not have a redeeming emu to explain her lapse in sanity)

Of course he did not know he still was not to be elelected so he went camping anyway(to hide from g/f for 3 days)
That made the end of the world judges upset to which one cast down a tree limb and knocked out 25 yr olds front tooth.

I am not so sure 25 yr old family members fears are so insane now. I think the the collander would have saved his tooth. No worries though he is getting a new tooth for 238 dollars!

Well, I have spent a long time preparing myself, and according to some recent studies, I should survive at least a year when Zombies attack. As a ginger, though, I am genetically unable to survive a massive solar flare storm, no matter what I do. Sigh.

Okay so it is plainly clear god did not - Nor will he elect my 25 yr old Family member who got caught being a bad B/F to his( will not be elected either) girlfriend in which his end changed forever after running away from a snowshovel yeilding woman (who did not have a redeeming emu to explain her lapse in sanity)

Of course he did not know he still was not to be elelected so he went camping anyway(to hide from g/f for 3 days)
That made the end of the world judges upset to which one cast down a tree limb and knocked out 25 yr olds front tooth.

I am not so sure 25 yr old family members fears are so insane now. I think the the collander would have saved his tooth. No worries though he is getting a new tooth for 238 dollars!

Oh dear...I'm not laughing. Really I'm not.

Oh dear...I'm not laughing. Really I'm not.

I know,it sounds awful. It is okay he has someone that is fixing his tooth for cheap.

I wont lie. We worried about him for 3 days.

Also we suspect he really got punched due to a voicemail his drunk butt dailed. We keep awaiting the truth so far nothing. I do know that the G/F did not get hm with the snowshovel. ( I know who acts like this? )

I should also tell you that he thinks I am psychic because he is so easy to figure out and I am good at pretending I already knew stuff or guessing correctly.

But he doesn't look super soft! :snooty:

EMU_FACE.jpg

By Angela Hill
ahill@bayareanewsgroup.com

Posted: 04/22/2011 04:12:32 PM PDT
Updated: 04/23/2011 05:12:19 AM PDT
SAN FRANCISCO -- A philosophical debate as to mankind's continuing existence versus impending doom has reached new heights: a 68-foot billboard on top of a San Francisco T.J.Maxx.
The sign, alongside eastbound Interstate 80 on the approach to the Bay Bridge, went up Wednesday. It reads: "The Rapture -- You KNOW it's Nonsense. 2,000 Years of 'Any Day Now.' " more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...s.com-www.contracostatimes.com&nclick_check=1

Somebody should offer the group a million dollars if they agree to give them two million on May 25th if the rapture doesn't happen. I wonder if they'd be confident enough to do it?

I was wondering how many times it had been predicted that the world would end... If you add how many people have predicted asteroids, raptures, world war III, and several other stupid ideas it is countless.

I found one biblical site that has quite a listing and it is a fascinating read on who thought it would end and when they thought it would end. (I am not promoting any religious sites, just googling.)

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

Another site: http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

On another note.. I am pissed that some religious freak would give my child (10 year old), and other kids, little cards saying the world is going to end on this May 2012 and that they needed to prepare for the rapture. This was at a Halloween street fair, sponsored by the city, in 2010. It scared her and her friends.

They can keep their craziness inside their churches and stay away from frightening other peoples children!!!

According to the Bible, those who believe in It should say this:

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Matthew 25:36-44

Wait, what? The world ends in a week? I thought we had 18 months or so...

Good grief. My house is a mess. I don't think I'll have gotten unpacked by May 21, or 25. I may have it unpacked by 2012...but it's still a gamble.

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

Wait, what? The world ends in a week? I thought we had 18 months or so...

Good grief. My house is a mess. I don't think I'll have gotten unpacked by May 21, or 25. I may have it unpacked by 2012...but it's still a gamble.

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

If the world ends in a week what the hades do you care how your house looks. I'm sure St. Peter isn't going to deduct points for a messy house. At least I pray he doesn't. :eek:

Give yourself a week off and just enjoy life. If the world doesn't end then just get back to work.

Well heck if the world is going to end next week I shouldn't even bother going back to work. lol

There 's is some speculation on WS that the death of the little boy found dead in Maine was connected to this whole May 21st nonsense. His mom was found reading the bible in her truck after he was killed and there was a FB posting on her site about May 21st. Kind of a stretch, I think but she had mental problems and you never know how something like this could affect the unstable. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136641&page=5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx
Back