Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agghhh

ETA ****Not at you guys - I was already looking it up again before you asked - a sleuther's gotta link!

Here's the obituary guest book. Lpatrick's entry is in the first page and will make you want to run to the bathroom and vomit under the circumstances.

Here's the one I was talking about:

July 01, 2009 To the best Mother in the world... You my Darlin will be missed forever... But now you are in Heaven with all your loved ones that you missed so much... No more Alzheimer's and no more pain... I wouldn't take anything for doing all that I have done for you especially in the last 3 years... I love and miss you Mama... Hugs and Kisses "Sweetpea"... Your Baby Girl Regina...
~
Regina Gonzalez McCartney,
Pensacola, Florida

Wow - that's a mixed message :eek:

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookID=8242171409273&page=2

OK, moving away from the keyboard now, and rubbing my weary eyes. ZZZZZZZZZ

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090713/NEWS01/907130326&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

(snips)
Although Morgan did not mention it at the news conference, Gonzalez Sr.'s arrest report says he admitted to driving the alleged assailants to and from the home of Byrd and Melanie Billings.
Morgan said Gonzalez Sr. is believed to have repainted the murder suspects' van, which was recorded by home surveillance tape as it traveled down the long driveway to the Billingses' large and isolated home on Mobile Highway.
But Gonzalez Sr. also told investigators that he drove the van that held his son, Coldiron and "several" other men whose names he could not supply. He has not yet been charged in connection with those activities.

The arrest report of Gonzalez Sr. says the surveillance video shows three armed, masked people enter the Billings home. Two doors into the residence appeared to have been forced open.
Two of the suspects appeared to be carrying long guns. Nine-millimeter shell casings were recovered during the investigation, the arrest report says.

Gonzalez Sr. told investigators he stayed in the van while the other passengers committed what he referred to as a robbery. Morgan has refused to say whether anything was taken during the home invasion.

The elder Gonzalez said he was not sure who shot the victims but said his son and Coldiron had entered the residence armed with handguns, according to the report.

Doesn't it seem incredibly ironic that LPGJr has so many posts and blogs about wanting to bring his "missing" daughter, Bella, back home to live with him, yet he goes out and commits first-degree murder--and essentially negates any possible reconciliation with his daughter?

Yah, and criminally insane. I mean if ever I thought someone is nuts, it's this guy. My first thought was, "Why doesn't he just petition the court for visitation enforcement? There's no record of any abuse and, by the way, what in the hell was he doing in Costa Rica, huh?

There is so much going on here that it's like Alice down the rabbit hole!

Family news conference

A spokesperson for Byrd and Melanie Billings' family plans to speak at a news conference at 6:30 a.m. today at the law office of Pensacola attorney Crystal Spencer. Check pnj.com for updates.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090713/NEWS01/907130326

comments by curious 79 seems like they know LP
Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. changed his name a few years ago. His old name is Patrick Richmond Poff

Wow, there is a LOT of information in this 3-page article.

Paraphrased:

LPGSr. admitted to driving the van to the Billings' home. He also said that there were "several other men" in the van. Three men entered the residence wearing masks. Coldiron and LPGJr. were carrying handguns. Two doors into the residence appeared to have been forced open.
Two of the suspects appeared to be carrying long guns. Nine-millimeter shell casings were recovered during the investigation, the arrest report says

ETA:
Sorry, I see that Suzi already posted this information. I will leave this up so as not to confuse the thread. Gosh, Suzi, you are speedy! :)

I do not understand him first being a poff, was he illegitimate or adopted and is Terri a sister or a mom.This case is gonna give us all alot of sleepless nights.

Excerpt:

Million-dollar bonds

Gonzalez Jr., who's known as "Little Poff," was being held in Santa Rosa County Jail on Sunday night. His bond was set at $1 million.
Coldiron and Gonzalez Sr. were in Escambia County Jail. Coldiron has a $1 million bond and Gonzalez Sr. has a $250,000 bond.
Gonzalez Jr. has an extensive criminal history, Morgan said. Previous charges against him include home invasion and battery with a firearm.
Gonzalez Sr. has gotten into trouble over the years for numerous criminal traffic infractions, including driving under the influence and driving without a license. He has also been charged with misdemeanor drug possession and writing worthless checks.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090713/NEWS01/907130326

It is HIGHLY unusual for a convicted felon to be allowed to change his name. Most courts will not allow it as it can be confusing to other law enforcement agencies. One of the first questions that is asked on the application (in my state) for change of name is whether or not you have any criminal history.

"Little Poff" - Again, sounds like a mobster. No wonder they say it's like Hollywood. I bet there's a crime syndicate waiting to be uncovered. The sheriff said "Multiple Motives".

Also here in TN when you adopt a child, if that child recieved ss disability, once you adopt that child and start receiving adoption assistance, that SSI disability is automatically stopped. My daughter has heart surgery as an ainfant and was receiving ssi. However once we adopted her, and started getting AA, the ssi stopped. She does retain her health insurance.

not all state adoptions qualify for assistance. we adopted are son through the state of tn and we did not qualify for assistance

I was told in tn unless you adopt siblings are if there special needs
i got to keep his insurance.
and becouse of his past, if he anything comes up in the future i can reapply for assistance, not that i ever will though.

we tried too for over 10 years, it was a blessing for us becouse we would of never been able to adopt any other way.

state pays for the adoption, reg adoption would of been something we could of never afforded

god wanted us to be landon parents

that is incorrect, it is UP to $10K (depends on how much your adoption costs) and it's a one time thing. It will help subside the cost of adoption which can go in the upwards of $20K. Depending on the situation. If they adopted from the state, they usually do not pay an adoption fee therefore would not be entitled to the adoption credit.

I have 2 kids too and that's enough! Sometimes I can't handle them! They have tons of energy I wish I had.

that is true but, if my son had been special needs I would of got the adoption credit on my taxes even though i didnt pay for the adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper