Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC NEWS/NIGHTLINE

Just showed a 1 on 1 interview with Morgan. I'll try to give new/different quotes:

Starts with a quote from eddins where he implies this is the end of the case.
voiceover: sheriff morgan says there is a lot more to this case, he just can't talk about it.

morgan says "that is a true statement" to the humdinger being something he can't say right now

morgan says there is "much, much more" than a robbery/home invasion

morgan says "that's true" to the question of "is this something you wouldn't believe what's really going on here?"

morgan says "if i had to write a book, I'd write about this. If I was a scriptwrite, I'd write about this. When the case comes to trial and the information becomes open to the public, uh, how they manage to come together and the plan was formulated and all those intricate things, and all those things become a matter of public record, I think everyone will be amazed."

They talk about the cameras and how organized the perps were, but that one gaping hole being the video system.

morgan says they still believe another person was to disable the alarm system, but didn't.

morgan says "we are confident as a law enforcement agency that the violent offenders are incarcerated" and that they are now working the circles of the people to get more info.

asked "do you believe they set out to murder the Billings?
morgan: "i can't speak to that issue, but I would say off, off-hand, don't believe so."

[I think he wanted to say "off the record" and realized he couldn't and said "off-hand" and finished the sentence.]

Bumping this post for Mikeysmommom. Here's a brief update for you :blowkiss:

Byrd then goes on to post a "Surety Bond" for himself, claiming ALL RESPONSIBLITY for any damages that he may occur here:

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml_or_1b.asp?uinstr=2004311660

This is EXACTLY THE STEPS to take to in making yourself a "Sovereign Citizen"... You release the U.S. Government from being able to use you as "collateral" for a loan, essentially FREEING yourself from being under the Government.

WOW!

P.S. If you don't understand what I am taking about, please go back and read all the posts from last night, when we linked to (and discussed) all this. It is WAY TOO MUCH to explain again!

I have wondered about the adoption fraud issue. I believe I heard on the news that in addition to developmentally disabled children, the murder victims had kids that had been sexually abused or were removed for neglect due to drugs etc. In the latter two groups, the father could have gone to prison for those crimes. It would be interesting to know if parental rights had been terminated with respect to the father while in prison. A default could easily be obtained because an inmate cannot just come to court for those types of appearances. If arrangements had already been made with the mothers to allow the children to be adopted, it would be clear sailing once the father's rights were terminated. Maybe once these fathers learned what happened they didn't like it and wanted to take action against the newly adoptive parents. In light of the situation with LPG Jr. and his little girl that was taken from him coupled with the fact that many of these suspects have spent time in prison, it could be an interesting theory especially for those who think this was an intentional killing and robbery not the real reason. I have been trying to track some info in that vain, but have been too busy to finish. I will report back over the weekend if any linkages check out.

an interesting fact here is that Arety's Angels is owned by the wife of a ex(?) sheriffs deputy, nothing related I dont think but just tossing it out there

i went out earlier so i am again playing catch up ... so forgive me if something has been said about this ... but i remember a few years back there was a case which the owner of arety's angels and her ex came up in the news having to do with a case ... i can't remember quite what it was about i don't want to say things out of turn ... but for you expert sleuthers it could be something to check into .... if my memory serves me correctly it had something to do with a bar on pensacola beach !!! i'm saying they were involved i just remember the names coming up in that case at the beach!

Just adding information into the pool - The Billings adopted son, Justin (20 years old, recently graduated from military school in Kansas???) was the one who called Byrd's sister and informed her of the deaths. Byrd's sister lived in Jackson, TN. Wasn't Justin the son that Melanie Billings had posted about "coming home to help with the kids" on her MySpace shortly before the deaths???

"Sisson said she was getting ready to go to sleep Thursday night when she got a call from her nephew Justin, one of Byrd's adopted sons."

There is a lot of other information in this article that I had not heard before:

"Sisson said she and her brother were originally from Longtown, Miss. Their parents eventually moved to Memphis. Byrd lived with her and husband in Jackson when he was a teenager, she added. Byrd and a previous wife later lived near Sisson and her husband until he moved to Greenville, Miss., in the late 1970s.

He later moved to Florida after he and his first wife separated, she said.

Byrd and Melanie Billings adopted children with disabilities. Sisson's son Chris has Down syndrome, and Melanie's biological daughter Nikki was diagnosed with autism and cerebral palsy."

http://tinyurl.com/ldjvc9

Byrd then goes on to post a "Surety Bond" for himself, claiming ALL RESPONSIBLITY for any damages that he may occur here:

This is EXACTLY THE STEPS to take to in making yourself a "Sovereign Citizen"... You release the U.S. Government from being able to use you as "collateral" for a loan, essentially FREEING yourself from being under the Government.

WOW!

P.S. If you don't understand what I am taking about, please go back and read all the posts from last night, when we linked to (and discussed) all this. It is WAY TOO MUCH to explain again!

You're correct, about the "sovereign citizen" thing. It's all a bit strange to me.

What gets me is it looks like anyone can pay a few bucks and file a lien for any amount against someone. No court judgement, no backup, nothing--except a notary--which proves exactly what?

This is so true. I would love to elaborate, but it's o/t. Let's just say someone filed something frivolous against me once. It was a new girlfriend of an ex boyfriend. She was VERY jealous of me and went down to the court house and tried to say that I assaulted her and filed a TRO. I had to go to court to fight it (she never even bothered showing up) and the case was thrown out. I had to pay an attorney to represent me in court (for something I didn't do) and all she paid was a $5.00 court filing fee! The judge was P.O.ed and put the word out that if she tried to file against me again it would be thrown out as well. It was a totally frivolous claim, but I had no choice...I had to show up to defend myself.

WOW!

I know most of the stuff just missed since like 6pm anything vital happen lol Do not mean to be APITA but I need sleep lol

Does anyone know what happened to the father of Melanie's biological children and what happened to the biological mother of Bud's son that is living in Tampa and will not be back for the funeral?

I know that Bud's sister said in a PNJ article that Bud lived with her and her husband when he was growing up and that he and his wife lived near them in two different states. She is now living in TN.

How did Melanie and Bud meet? Was it during the time he was operating the Back Seat?

UPDATE: found the posts that relate to the LPG, Jr. informant stuff:

this thread page #50 post #1246
snipped: Gonzalez, Jr. received $150,000 for providing "intelligence" services from January through April of 2008, according to Jenkins.
from: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/cbsnews_investigates/main5166742.shtml

this thread page #51 post #1264
snipped: It looks like both Lpatrick and BFausti made deals back in 2002.

this thread page #51 post #1272
snipped: As I just mentioned in a previous post - there are some indiactors in Lpatricks pot bust from 2002 that he might have gone the informant route:

He changed his name in the middle of the case, they decided not to pursue almost everything (50.00 fine?)

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml...se_id=23678403

And then we have Lpatrick claiming to go off to Costa Rica. . .

And if you click the link in the above post, all of Jr's charges went bye-bye as the prosecutor dropped all charges.

i went out earlier so i am again playing catch up ... so forgive me if something has been said about this ... but i remember a few years back there was a case which the owner of arety's angels and her ex came up in the news having to do with a case ... i can't remember quite what it was about i don't want to say things out of turn ... but for you expert sleuthers it could be something to check into .... if my memory serves me correctly it had something to do with a bar on pensacola beach !!! i'm saying they were involved i just remember the names coming up in that case at the beach!

Oh...I remember something about that. Didn't it have something to do with Sheriff McNesby? Or maybe someone from the Alabama football team - ? Ugh...this is going to drive me caRAzy now!

I have wondered about the adoption fraud issue. I believe I heard on the news that in addition to develpmentally disabled children, the murder victims had kids that had been sexually abused or were removed for neglect due to drugs etc. In the latter two groups, the father could have gone to prison for those crimes. It would be interesting to know if parental rights had been terminated with respect to the father while in prison. A default could easily be obtained because an inmate cannot just come to court for those types of appearances. If arrangements had already been made with the mothers to allow the children to be adopted, it would be clear sailing once the father's rights were terminated. Maybe once these fathers learned what happened they didn't like it and wanted to take action against the newly adoptive parents. In light of the situation with LPG Jr. and his little girl that was taken from him coupled with the fact that many of these suspects have spent time in prison, it could be an interesting theory especially for those who think this was an intentional killing and robbery not the real reason. I have been trying to track some info in that vain, but have been too busy to finish. I will report back over the weekend if any linkages check out.

First day in comment sec newspaper someone said they steal babies I just figured it was someone like the leonard jr they think losing rights is stealing some times it also happens a woman gets pregnant never tells the dad and puts on birth cert dont know who is dad then maybe gave child up for adoption if a man finds out after the fact it s too late have read about man just finding out they had a child but lost rights and child stays with new parents

Both $50,000,000.00 Liens were filed on EXACTLY the same day: January 25th, 2006.

One in Escambia County on ONE individual (L.Y.B.)

-and-

One in Santa Rosa COunty on ANOTHER individual (J.Y.O.)

AND, I just figured it out! He did the POWER OF ATTORNEY for each of the kids so that he could sign for them to pronounce themselves SOVEREIGN!

(Examine the wording in the "Trustmark Copyright" Documents!)

This was the only way he could sign for the kids, as they were probably all too young, not to mention with their various disablities, they couldn't sign a document that clearly reads: "I am competent for stating the matter set forth herewith"

SORRY, GUYS!! I have a REAL MORAL ISSUE with someone claiming power of attorney over their 15-16 disabled children and then declaring them "SOVEREIGN"!!!

IMO the Billings were intentionally murdered. IMO everything else was set up to look like robbery/home invasion. I do think the perps thought the cameras were not working. I do think the cameras were left on intentionally by someone. This someone may never be found and this someone is probably the one that wanted these people gone forever. I hope the pyrmid can be completely uncovered so that there is complete closure to this case.

In trying to understand your theory, I am left with a big question.

Do you think that they Billings were intentionally murdered and that the cameras were intentionally left on so that the Billings were gone forever, OR that the Billings were intentionally murdered, but as collateral damage, so to speak, in order that the perps would be caught and gone forever?

Him writing that has nothing to do with this case. He wrote that long before this happened.

Respectfully, it goes to the state of mind of the individual -- his attitude; propensity and willingness to do wrong in pursuit of money and unhealthy interest in getting it without legitimate effort.

So, I don't understand the objection-- again, seeing one of the arrested parties writing this on Myspace seems very germane to me -- but am I somehow missing something? Maybe I am just too 'square', but IMHO, this is clear evidence of criminal intent.

DS said:
MOST IMPORTANT... WE OUT HERE GETTIN THIS MONEY! WE GOT BIG DREAMS AND I GOT MOUTHS TO FEED. IT'S TOO MUCH MONEY OUT THERE IN THESE STREETS MAYNE... AND I'M JUST TRYIN TO GET ME A PIECE OF IT.

UPDATE: found the posts that relate to the LPG, Jr. informant stuff:

this thread page #50 post #1246
snipped: Gonzalez, Jr. received $150,000 for providing "intelligence" services from January through April of 2008, according to Jenkins.
from: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/cbsnews_investigates/main5166742.shtml

this thread page #51 post #1264
snipped: It looks like both Lpatrick and BFausti made deals back in 2002.

this thread page #51 post #1272
snipped: As I just mentioned in a previous post - there are some indiactors in Lpatricks pot bust from 2002 that he might have gone the informant route:

He changed his name in the middle of the case, they decided not to pursue almost everything (50.00 fine?)

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml...se_id=23678403

And then we have Lpatrick claiming to go off to Costa Rica. . .

And if you click the link in the above post, all of Jr's charges went bye-bye as the prosecutor dropped all charges.

Gonzalez, Jr. received $150,000 for providing "intelligence" services from January through April of 2008, according to Jenkins
Exactly what does "intelligence" services mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member