Craig's List

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have never sold or bought anything from Craigslist. I want to sell a sofa on there I am thinking. It's about 4 yrs old only. Hardly ever used, and no children in the home. So it's like new and in perfect condition. It's a chenille type fabric. I just want a different style.
Do you guys have any suggestions for me. As to what to put in the ad, to make it sell better? Any help you all can give, is appreciated.

#1 - a picture.

#2 - a firm price.

IMO WS posters should not post on Craig's List.

Humm, the *advertiser censored* industry, at $3.5 BILLION per year (and growing), is one of the largest on the internet. Should WS posters not use the internet?

I saw a segment on HLN where people are Bartering on Craigs List. So, I've been looking at what people are offering. There is a dentist that is offering his services for housecleaning, baking, etc. Now, here's the question..Would'nt you think a Dentist could afford to hire someone to do those things?? I need dental work and I'm a GREAT cook and Baker, excellent housekeeper but it's just one of those posts that makes you say "Huh"?

I can see your point.

But, there are two side in every contract. Maybe the dentist is looking for business from people who may not be able to afford a dentist? Good will? Future patient? Medicare profits?

I don't for a second think that I'm the only person here who believes adults should be able to have sex for any reason they want!

Humm, are you reading the same forum as I? LOL.

I think you should do a poll - "Should prostitution be legalized - Yes / No".

I would do it, but being a guy, I would surely be banned just for asking the question. LY.

It matters because you're openly supporting a site that, according to the sheriff, is the largest source of prostitution in the US.
My local newspapers run (paid)classified ads for "massage" & "companions"(thinly veiled prostitution ads)so should I not read the papers now?

I would do it, but being a guy, I would surely be banned just for asking the question. LY.

I vote YES! But if they legalize it NOW..I'm gonna be really pi$$ed..I could have made alot of money years ago..Now, who wants and old lady with love handles trying to make a buck!

You wouldn't be banned! We have had prostitution discussions here before - the last one I recall sprung up on a thread discussing the Elliott Spritzer hoopla. People have discussed using prostitution services and providing said services. Some of us cynical types might even say you men always pay in one way or another! :innocent:

I'm happy to put up a poll. We've probably sidetracked sweet Trino's thread enough!

I don't think it should be illegal, monitored, but not illegal.
Keep the prostitutes healthy, disease free and set some type of restrictions, like they have in Nevada, where they have to have a registered place of business, and I'd be fine with it. Get them off the streets, take away the stigma, and what's the issue?

Craig's list is a joke for anything worthwhile. I have been looking for PT work now that I am retired, all the jobs on there I have looked into are scams. Every one of them.

That might be part of the reason why CL is starting to charge for some ads in the larger cities. Since they've been doing that in my area, there are very few scam ads, even though they are not jobs most of us might choose.

~*

Like everything else out there, you have to be careful of where you are looking, what you want, and the offers, of all kinds, on the internet.

Newspapers advertise, for years, advertisements of all kinds. Craigslist does the same only not in ink. *We* are responsible for ourselves and choices. Be smart before you make a choice. Weigh what you are buying/doing before making a committment of any kind.

imvho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back