Crime-scene investigation vans arrive at taped-off Anthony house

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea!!...so if they have that root hair now (with tissue attached) why are the "experts" saying they may not even get a complete tox analysis back?

Somewhat seperate issue from DNA - Dr G seemed to think there was no tissue left - meaning that they are probably relying on the hair strand itself to give up information if drugs were excreted into the hair as it grew (a common example of this type of testing is for cocaine - I have a friend who did a chemistry thesis on this exact test). It doesn't sound like the skeleton had hair roots either (they decompose as they are normal tissue). From the reports, the nuclear DNA id was made on bone (not always a successful process either, as seem in museum studies of bone). I am not sure if there is bone marrow or anything other than bone and hair to do tox tests on because I am not sure what falls into the "no tissue left" category.

The problem for "complete" results to come back is complex. First, if there was a one-time "poisoning" (including drug use) just prior to death, the body would not have time to excrete drug signatures into the hair or elsewhere, so that evidence would be gone with soft tissues. Second, even if there had been a history of poisoning allowing for excretion, there isn't an easy way to turn this into a timeline. That allows for plenty of opportunity to explain it away - "I don't know how my kid got this drug", "I don't know when it happened" etc - so that it may not be a clear tie to death. Third, the drug or poison may be one that does not show up in the tissues remaining. I still question, despite seeing people state otherwise, if chloroform would show up in hair. I just can't yet find the journal article to back it up.

So, whatever comes back won't help a ton - if it comes back clear, then we can't rule out a close to death overdose or a drug that doesn't leave a signature in hair/bone. If it doesn't come back clear, there could be harmless explanations posited by the defense, or at least arguments that they can't be attributed to death.

I took my forensic tox classes several years ago, so this could be wrong in the details. End result is that it can't possibly hurt to get the tox results back as the worst case scenario is that they show nothing, which doesn't rule out murder by overdose.

HTH.

I wouldn't want to live in the house after all that's happened. I can't even imagine having Caylee's room, full of her clothes and toys, and knowing she'll never come home.

But, I don't see how the Anthonys would be able to sell that house in today's economy. Who would buy it knowing it's history?

Even Darlie's house sold after folks knew what happened there. More than once, as a matter of fact.

Commercial on Fox but coming up info of what LE was looking for coming up next. Same link as above.

Also they r going to show where Caylee was found coming up in the next within this hr.
Coming up next after commercial...Shouldn't they shut thier mikes off during commercials?? Reporter said during commercial break that he wants the videos up A.S.A.P. to air next.

Link for those who missed it earlier:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/live/liveweekends.html

even nicole s condo sold.................all I would see and feel are ghosts!!!

I hope to God that the next scene we see is George and Cindy being led out in cuffs...

If they played any role in this, I'm sure they will be arrested. And maybe you might just be lucky enough to see that in the media.

But I 'hope to god' that if it turns out that the A's were/are just confused, grieving parents/grandparents, that the people that have thrown insults and accusations their way, would publicy apologise as passionately as they have attacked them. But I'm doubtful that would ever happen.
JMO

Angel Who Cares,
Thanks so much for posting the links!

I can't get any video on that link? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Is anyone else just getting a black screen on the MyFoxOrlando link with no sound? Is it because of commercial?

Is anyone else just getting a black screen on the MyFoxOrlando link with no sound? Is it because of commercial?

Black screen here too and I've been reloading it for over 10 minutes. :(

If she'd said Caylee was kidnapped the day before the 911 call, how would she explain no one seeing her for a month?

Exactly..she was telling everyone Caylee was with the nanny and going all these places with her..Casey never missed a beat during that time and then to say she was really frantic and looking during that time.. I was just thinking she could of said everything was fine up until July 15th and when she went to pick her up the nanny was gone and had taken Caylee..so either she could not think that far ahead or she was trying to backdate the death day in case Caylee was found and LE would be able to tell how long Caylee was dead. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez