Crime scene photos #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone has a different perspective by I just wanted to add what I am seeing. Mods feel free to edit or modify for size. I know this image is extremely large but until I zoomed on the photo, as with many of us, I initially saw nothing. [/IMG]

Okay, this is the best description yet so now I do see what a lot of you are seeing. The thing is, I'm just not convinced that I am not on Casey Anthony overload and my imagination is right there along with it. If it really is the skull, and I hope it's not, the cops have sum splainin' to do.

In terms of the books, I noticed several by this author seem to have been first published in 1985 - wasn't Casey born in 1986? So these could have been her baby books that Cindy kept all this time. I'm sure she would know which ones she had, if any could be missing PLUS I notice when looking at this book online, to purchase, the one Caylee was seen with in the video, the cover illustration now looks different. I would venture to say these were Casey's old books.

You might be correct. Silly me, I didn't think of that, although Fluffy Duckling has a 1992 publ. date. I didn't see an online picture of Suppertime or Duckling.

Just found a picture of the duckling book on eBay. It's a shape book, so it doesn't look like the one in the woods. So scratch that. I'll do more research.

I think it's important to keep in mind that a lot of that vegetation surrounding that area is extremely fast growing...and could easily grow over that bag in a matter of weeks, if not months. Most of those vines you see growing are "air potato" vines...one of the most invasive plants in Florida. They are similiar in their encroachment of the Florida landscape to Kudzu.

Air Potato:

".... Due to its ability to displace native species and disrupt natural processes such as fire and water flow, air potato has been listed as one of Florida’s most invasive plant species since 1993..."

"Impacts
Air potato can grow extremely quickly, roughly 8 inches per day. It typically climbs to the tops of trees and has a tendency to take over native plants. New plants develop from bulbils that form on the plant, and these bulbils serve as a means of dispersal. The aerial stems of air potato die back in winter, but resprouting occurs from bulbils and underground tubers. The primary means of spread and reproduction are via bulbils. The smallest bulbils make control of air potato difficult due to their ability to sprout at a very small stage.

http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/node/133

Great info...........I am laughing at myself now, because when we were down there, I thought that stuff was poison sumac like we see in our area. It takes over the woods in our area as does kutzu and I didn't know the difference.

I see what everyone is talking about but I have doubts its really a skull.

I was trying to come remember the name of the phenomenon where you see faces or objects. I found this: Pareidolia
http://www.reference.com/search?q=Pareidolia

Interesting if you scroll down further it says basically:
Carl Sagan hypothesized that as a survival technique, human beings are "hard-wired" from birth to identify the human face. This allows people to use only minimal details to recognize faces from a distance and in poor visibility but can also lead them to interpret random images or patterns of light and shade as being faces.

Although in the other thread, much more amusing, someone called it Jesus In A Burrito Syndrome. lol
I use to see alphabet soup in my carpet if I concentrated long enough and Yoda in a water mark on my ceiling.

MHO

I know everyone has a different perspective by I just wanted to add what I am seeing. Mods feel free to edit or modify for size. I know this image is extremely large but until I zoomed on the photo, as with many of us, I initially saw nothing. [/IMG]

Your "eye" label is pointing to the nose, the next label is pointing to area below nose, the bottom label is pointing to lower 'lip' area.

Wasn't the "picture of the man" you posted actually a bit of the circled area of the photograph in the woods? I think the poster may have misunderstood what you meant by posting "the man".

I, too, can see an image of a person in that pic you posted. It took me a few seconds to realize it was part of the red-circled pic.

No, not in red circled area.

I'll see if I can mark up the photo so you can see what I'm talking about. It looks like a man with a suit on, glasses, and it looks like his bangs are parted over to the left of his face. It looks like his style would be something you would see in the 50's.

i think its just to the right of the yellow leaf thats in the center. the skull is facing to the right and i see what appears to br tape over the head. i cant clearly see the mouth.
Bless little Caylee. Her life didnt have to end this way..

ETA: its a little to the right of the yellow leaf and then look down about an inch.

OMG Could you please put an arrow or a line pointing to the area you are talking about. Too many yellow leaves for me to figure out which one you mean. TIA MMB

wow, you guys are amazing. However, it's kind of creepy looking at that. (whether or not it's real)

Ok, how about this ... look directly above the large yellow leaf on the right hand side of this photo - go straight up from that leaf and to the right of the word "bag" .... that looks like a skull to me ... the forehead and 2 eyesockets. Anyone else see that? This is the only thing that resembles a skull to me looking straight at us. My only problem is that I can't tell if it truly is the skull, is it on the ground, on a mound of dirt/debris/vegetation?

Bobo (cool name btw)

I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing in this picture, even more so under magnification. I think the reason we're not seeing teeth is because of the tape. Granted we're not seeing tape clearly due to blowing the picture up, but LE said it is there. If it is there it would cover the teeth and I'm not seeing teeth. Therefore...

Sorry it took so long to post this, I wanted to finish looking at all the other pix too, when I finished I got bumped off the site and couldn't get back on. :crazy:

That human skull is not in the same place as the other one people claim to see - it is about two feet to the right one of the original sighting.

That can only mean one thing...there are two bodies there :eek:

(yes, my avatar is smirking)

I'll see your two and raise you 1 more. I have seen what looks to be 3 separate skulls in the debris! No wonder it has taken so long to finish the scene. :rolleyes:

OMG Could you please put an arrow or a line pointing to the area you are talking about. Too many yellow leaves for me to figure out which one you mean. TIA MMB
here you go :)

Attachments

• 195831-1.jpg
    195831-1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 215
It looks to me as if the crime scene photo depicts the natural depression caused by the garbage bag over time. Clearly the growth of vegetation has been interrupted in that spot and shows some regrowth.

If that is a book in the photo, it looks to me like the back cover of a Little Golden Book. I can't find one right now...does anyone have one handy you can look at? I believe the back covers show various characters from Golden Books - IIRC, Fire House Cat would be in the upper right hand corner etc. I'm probably totally off. lol TIA.

To me it looks like the book is open and the page (photograph) is discolored. If the "photograph" had yellow in it it would be clear from the outline that it's an open book-on the bottom of the picture the book and "photo" make a straight line, on the top it looks like they meet in the center but this can't be seen from the angle that the photo was taken.

Did anyone notice the big gap between the photos posted? Usually they're stamped in numerical order the one before it was 195771 and the one after was 195966, so there must be hundreds of photos of the bag and skull etc etc. :eek:

No, not in red circled area.

I'll see if I can mark up the photo so you can see what I'm talking about. It looks like a man with a suit on, glasses, and it looks like his bangs are parted over to the left of his face. It looks like his style would be something you would see in the 50's.

Here's the photo where I've marked it up, where I think it looks like a photo of someone at the crime scene. It almost looks like a superimposed picture, but then again, I could be seeing things. thoughts ?

Caylees book and photo of man maybe.jpg

here you go :)

Thanks. I'm still not seeing it, but that doesn't mean it's not there!

I'm using the magnifier, on top of these shots that are blown up it's not the clearest picture.

Here's the photo where I've marked it up, where I think it looks like a photo of someone at the crime scene. It almost looks like a superimposed picture, but then again, I could be seeing things. thoughts ?

View attachment 1071

Are you talking to yourself again? :crazy:

I can see the image you're describing. If that's an old photo it's either covered in plastic or it was protected from the elements these past 6 mos. No way that would have survived. Looks like early 1900's to me tho, not 50's.

Now I wonder who it is?!?

I see both the book as well as the photo. The book could in fact be an unusual pattern of yellow and brown leaves but the hard line they form makes that a bit doubtful. I also see the black plastic bag but I do not see anything resembling a skull.

I missed the PC...Did they mention anything about any other objects/items found on site with the body???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr