Crime Scene Photos #3 ***WARNING - GRAPHIC DISCUSSION***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GROSS Discussion so if you're faint of heart don't read...

I find it fascinating (with the discuss of whether the weather/water played a part in the scattering of the bones) to discover that scavengers or predators generally will WAIT until the maggots leave the area before they do their business.
*snipped*

FWIW, based on the inventory of skeletal remains found at each "Area" and the topographical survey, I speculated a 2 major transports followed by 1 smaller one here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3375665&postcount=596

While the above tries to stay neutral to water vs. scavenger, if I were gonna hazard a guess...

Transport 1: Fay
Transport 2: Either subsequent flooding/receding OR scavenger
Transport 3: Last receding water

Adding to Theonly1's observation about scavenger/maggot interaction...I dunno what time is required for the larger connective tissues to decompose such that the trunk of the body, incl. pelvic & femurs would no longer remain intact if completely skeltonized @ the time of transport, but, either this was in-play for Transport 1, or, the outer tissues were still intact, acting to encase these bones.

Originally there was the canvas bag intact placed into two black plastic bags. I have no idea how or if they were tied.

I don't know if animals would dig through that or not (prior to Fay lets say).

I don't know.
I believe it was determined that the plastic bags were inside the laundry bag.

...slightly OT to crime scene photos, but, IMHO, relevent to the discussion of the crime scene...

FWIW...the chloroform naturally produced by human decomposition (elevated when anaerobic) would have acted to weaken the integrity of the plastic bag(s). Chloroform is a strong solvent. Something to consider regarding what breached the bags...water or scavenger.

I believe it was determined that the plastic bags were inside the laundry bag.

That's correct fortytwo.

"There was a total of two black plastic bags with yellow ties inside the canvass type bag"

i4o5ye.jpg

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3374B TO 3463B REDO.pdf

...slightly OT to crime scene photos, but, IMHO, relevent to the discussion of the crime scene...

FWIW...the chloroform naturally produced by human decomposition (elevated when anaerobic) would have acted to weaken the integrity of the plastic bag(s). Chloroform is a strong solvent. Something to consider regarding what breached the bags...water or scavenger.
It was approx two months between disposal of Caylee's remains and T. S. Fay clobbering central Fl. I think that critters would have made short work of cloth and plastic containment in far less time than that.

Not to say that this impacts your water transport theory. I agree with you that the pattern of the location of the remains certainly suggests water flow as a very possible agent.

Right now I'm leaning towards a combination of both. I suspect that the photo evidence at our disposal isn't going to permit any real resolution.

I'm sorry enzeder but I don't think that's the right bag. The one they found is oblongish and shallow.

Whitney Design Canvas/Vinyl laundry bag - manufactured in Ohio
Potential for confusion results from similar laundry bag by same manufacturer found in A's garage. That one was short and rectangular.

The cylindrical one matches the product item # detailed by the M.E.

ETA: I might have made a wrong assumption. If you're referring to the appearance of the bag in the scene photo, that is what the "collapsed" configuration of that bag would look like.

Emptied out by critters/water action?

I'm sorry enzeder but I don't think that's the right bag. The one they found is oblongish and shallow.

Whitney Design Canvas/Vinyl laundry bag - manufactured in Ohio

The rectangular "Whitney Design" laundry bag was found at the Anthony house.

Just to clarify -- The laundry bag i.e. Whitney Design item #2516, which was found with Caylee, is a circular design. The rectangular laundry hamper found at Hopespring is shown below.

15xobc8.jpg

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3374B TO 3463B REDO.pdf

Thread: The Canvas Laundry Bag
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3348125&postcount=10

Potential for confusion results from similar laundry bag by same manufacturer found in A's garage. That one was short and rectangular.

The cylindrical one matches the product item # detailed by the M.E.

ETA: I might have made a wrong assumption. If you're referring to the appearance of the bag in the scene photo, that is what the "collapsed" configuration of that bag would look like.

Emptied out by critters/water action?

I'm really mucking things up here. I was thinking all along of that more rectangular bag. Sorry folks.

I don't belong on a science thread!

I'm really mucking things up here. I was thinking all along of that more rectangular bag. Sorry folks.

I don't belong on a science thread!
No! No! No!

Please don't feel that way. Your questions can help clarify everyones' thinking, and may well be ones that others more timid than yourself have wanted answers for.

Please speak up, always.

Just as I continued looking, I thought "ya know I don't know if I saw THE bag just a like manufactured bag" - part of a set? - they found at the A's.

Man I'm not focused - I apologize.

So you know that is the bag?

FYI Everyone - Part 6 in gone from the doc dump.
(bold above by me)

I'm not sure what that means.

Enzeder, could it be a roll of film perhaps?

Enzeder, to me it looks like a reflection of the bag is all.

No! No! No!

Please don't feel that way. Your questions can help clarify everyones' thinking, and may well be ones that others more timid than yourself have wanted answers for.

Please speak up, always.

Thank you for your gracious response.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member