GA Crystal Keaton, adult, Ft. Oglethorpe. Oct 3, 2024, Allegedly lost in transit to treatment program

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Dre

Rarely Seen Member
Reaction score
“A mother and wife of a soldier was being picked up to be taken to a treatment facility in South Georgia. The driver showed up in a older white Dodge ram truck, he had a white dog with him. He said he was taking her to the halfway point near Kennesaw to meet the other driver, to get her the rest of the way there. The facility stated she never showed up and that they didn't have a driver matching that description. Her phone has been off since this date.”

1728272718184.png

Her facebook

This is scary. Her husband is sharing additional info on his fb.
The man is pictured in the small cctv pic, I wish they would post a better photo

Proxy Posts
[...]
The driver showed up in a older white Dodge ram truck, he had a white dog with him. He said he was taking her to the halfway point near Kennesaw to meet the other driver, to get her the rest of the way there. The facility stated she never showed up and that they didn't have a driver matching that description. Her phone has been off since this date.
[...]

We have so few details here. This situation is quite disturbing.

From the reports so far Crystal was in process of being taken to a treatment center but never arrived. We have no details so far regarding who arranged her transportation. Was it her responsibility to find a ride to the treatment center or does the facility handle that themselves? It sounds like the facility has 'drivers' of some kind.

Apparently no family or friends were available to drive Crystal to the treatment facility?

I'm wondering whether Crystal somehow knew this man or not. MOO, but it seems odd that she would accept a ride from a total stranger if she didn't know him. If they were strangers, how did he know he was supposed to drive her part way to the treatment center?

Also, were there any witnesses when Crystal met this man, or was the meeting captured on video? Does the description of the truck ('older white Dodge Ram truck') come from eyewitnesses or only from video?

IMO this whole situation sounds quite sketchy based on what we know so far.

Proxy Posts
[...]
The driver showed up in a older white Dodge ram truck, he had a white dog with him. He said he was taking her to the halfway point near Kennesaw to meet the other driver, to get her the rest of the way there. The facility stated she never showed up and that they didn't have a driver matching that description. Her phone has been off since this date.
[...]

We have so few details here. This situation is quite disturbing.

From the reports so far Crystal was in process of being taken to a treatment center but never arrived. We have no details so far regarding who arranged her transportation. Was it her responsibility to find a ride to the treatment center or does the facility handle that themselves? It sounds like the facility has 'drivers' of some kind.

Apparently no family or friends were available to drive Crystal to the treatment facility?

I'm wondering whether Crystal somehow knew this man or not. MOO, but it seems odd that she would accept a ride from a total stranger if she didn't know him. If they were strangers, how did he know he was supposed to drive her part way to the treatment center?

Also, were there any witnesses when Crystal met this man, or was the meeting captured on video? Does the description of the truck ('older white Dodge Ram truck') come from eyewitnesses or only from video?

IMO this whole situation sounds quite sketchy based on what we know so far.
Yes, I agree, how would this unknown man show up right when she was expecting a ride to a treatment center? Someone had to know she was expecting a ride, yet the legitimate driver never arrived? Or this whole story will end in a completely different way. Maybe she didn’t wish to go to the treatment center? Jmo

The type of recovery center might give some clues (drugs, alcohol, mental health issues). My initial thought was if she was in AA and had a sponsor, perhaps the sponsor gave her a ride, to encourage the treatment, but though not a requirement typically the sponsor is the same sex as the addict. I don't believe this was random, nor connected to the rehab center; someone knew she was leaving and came to get her. Perhaps she had second thoughts as to treatment or was feeling pressured to go. Having been through all of this with a family member, I know that step is a tremendously difficult one.

It would also help to know where this meeting took place. If the man was captured on video then logically we could assume it was a public place of some kind.
Or this whole story will end in a completely different way. Maybe she didn’t wish to go to the treatment center? Jmo
Given the minimal details so far, this could be a possibility. We just don't have enough information to understand the background situation or the interaction that possibly took place between Crystal and this man.

Per Google Maps, Kennesaw, the indicated 'half way point', is just north of Atlanta. Since the 'treatment facility' is in south Georgia, then IMO it's likely Crystal would be starting the trip from northern Georgia. I believe the 'missing' poster indicated she was from the Ft. Ogelthorpe area, which is near the GA/TN state line.

Yes, I agree, how would this unknown man show up right when she was expecting a ride to a treatment center? Someone had to know she was expecting a ride, yet the legitimate driver never arrived? Or this whole story will end in a completely different way. Maybe she didn’t wish to go to the treatment center? Jmo
WRT a "legitimate driver," we don't know yet that there was a legitimate driver scheduled to pick her up, right? Only that the guy who did pick her up does not match the description of any of the treatment center's drivers. The real question is whether she was indeed scheduled to be picked up and/or whether she had been accepted as an inpatient.

WRT a "legitimate driver," we don't know yet that there was a legitimate driver scheduled to pick her up, right? Only that the guy who did pick her up does not match the description of any of the treatment center's drivers. The real question is whether she was indeed scheduled to be picked up and/or whether she had been accepted as an inpatient.
Yes, we are missing a lot of information here.

If you look at the source link from the MPIA above, you see that her husband reports that she told him she called a facility in South GA and that they would come & pick her up.
I really hope she is safe :-(

Her facebook

This is scary. Her husband is sharing additional info on his fb.
The man is pictured in the small cctv pic, I wish they would post a better photo
I think I may have misunderstood, the little picture must be her to show how she was dressed as if you zoom in, the pic does not correspond to the driver s description

So per that report, he (husband) claims that Crystal said that she called the facility in southern Georgia. If this is true, there would be a record of that phone call. At least that could be confirmed.

So per that report, he (husband) claims that Crystal said that she called the facility in southern Georgia. If this is true, there would be a record of that phone call. At least that could be confirmed.
Then he called the facility and they told him she did not arrive, and that they did not have a driver with that description. I suppose LE is checking anyway all this

Something seems fishy with this situation. "The Driver" had to have known of her plan to go to a treatment center if he was playing the part of taking her halfway there? and to be so specific that Kennesaw was the halfway point? There are A LOT of treatment centers in Georgia (I googled it ). We need a lot more details. How long has she been thinking of doing this? who else, in her life, was aware? Hopefully there are cameras from somewhere nearby where she was picked up??

How long has she been thinking of doing this? who else, in her life, was aware?
Indeed, good questions. IMO, using only the currently known facts as we have them, Crystal's disappearance seems strange.

Something seems fishy with this situation. "The Driver" had to have known of her plan to go to a treatment center if he was playing the part of taking her halfway there? and to be so specific that Kennesaw was the halfway point? There are A LOT of treatment centers in Georgia (I googled it ). We need a lot more details. How long has she been thinking of doing this? who else, in her life, was aware? Hopefully there are cameras from somewhere nearby where she was picked up??
I'm wondering if she was actually even considering going to treatment at all and it wasn't just a way to explain her leaving. If the man who picked her up was someone she knew and planned to leave with, it would give them a head start to get away before anyone started looking for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny
Back