Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey was foaming at the mouth and catatonic. Crystal's seizures have not been diagnosed (as far as we've been told, that is) and if they are drug-related like so many allege, that will certainly come out in the wash.

Since there are so many reasons why an otherwise healthy and vibrant young woman could have a seizure, we have to wait for someone to give us information. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will say that the information is false (depending on who delivered it) or it satisfies their need to know. Whatever else, that she had one 6 weeks before she had the next one, which was followed in close proximity by another one, is cause for alarm. One can be dismissed as an anomaly caused by any number of factors. Two in succession like these this week are reason to assume a more serious situation might be in play.

It could be as simple as too much caffeine intake. Could be stress. Could be hormonal. Could be metabolic. Could be neuro-electric. Could be a lack of sleep or bad sleeping patterns. Could be a bad diet. Could be any thousands of reasons, and I'm more willing to allow for those factors before sliding down the slope of drugs.

I had two seizures a long time ago because I was dehydrated.... yeah - not very glamorous, but they can happen from the simplest of things.

The strange thing is that we have consistently seen her look better the longer this has gone on. She started out looking rough, but soon began to appear well rested and healthier, imo. The make over came next (after KP hit the scene), but she was improving overall before.

Two seizures in 24 hours makes me wonder why they released her so quickly. Not holding her for observation was a mistake on the part of the doctor, imo. It would have been helpful in a diagnosis to have her in the hospital for them to monitor in case she had another one.

Yes. There could be many reasons for seizures. Drugs only being one of those which need to be explored. I hope she has been honest with the doctors.

The strange thing is that we have consistently seen her look better the longer this has gone on. She started out looking rough, but soon began to appear well rested and healthier, imo. The make over came next (after KP hit the scene), but she was improving overall before.

Two seizures in 24 hours makes me wonder why they released her so quickly. Not holding her for observation was a mistake on the part of the doctor, imo. It would have been helpful in a diagnosis to have her in the hospital for them to monitor in case she had another one.

Yes. There could be many reasons for seizures. Drugs only being one of those which need to be explored. I hope she has been honest with the doctors.

She shouldn't take time to groom herself in the mornings?:waitasec:

I was trying to say her health seemed to be improving during the past few weeks. I don't recall saying anything about her grooming herself in the mornings. Her attorney was probably instrumental in the makeover (reminds me of Amber F./Gloria A.).

(It is in direct contrast to Ronald losing weight and looking more hagard, imo.)

I was trying to say her health seemed to be improving during the past few weeks. I don't recall saying anything about her grooming herself in the mornings. Her attorney was probably instrumental in the makeover (reminds me of Amber F./Gloria A.).

(It is in direct contrast to Ronald losing weight and looking more hagard, imo.)

I hope her health continues to improve. I haven't seen a recent image of Ron, but I hope he'll take care of himself.

Thought this might provide some helpful information about the ACTUAL causes of the vast majority of seizure episodes... and the professional reason for not extending hospitalization....taken from an article on the American Academy of Family Physicians website:

"The most common laboratory findings associated with a seizure are abnormal sodium and glucose levels. Patients with a normal neurologic examination, normal test results, and no structural brain disease do not require hospitalization or anti-epileptic medications. "

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20070501/1342.html

ACTUALLY...we already know of the cocaine use by Crystal in the past so it can be considered to be a possibility in seizure activity. We also listed other possible causes so not sure why this is an issue.

With all due respect, those arrests attributed to Ron were his. If nothing else, WS does like to make certain before posting people's public records, and all the ones that I have ever seen, and then checked for myself, are his.

Early on in the Family Friends and locals thread the arrest records were posted. They were checked out and if you recall there were several that were from other areas of the state that were not Rons'. I do not mean to sound argumentative, however I feel that this has nothing to do in finding Haliegh. Another fine day in Paradise

ACTUALLY...we already know of the cocaine use by Crystal in the past so it can be considered to be a possibility in seizure activity. We also listed other possible causes so not sure why this is an issue.

I tend to agre with you. I am not in favor of any illegal drug use, however I do know that chemicals introduced to our bodies have side effects that are enormous. All we have to do is watch a TV commercial for any prescription drug. The disclaimers themselves tell us that even the legal ones can kill us. That being said, I don't feel that the discussion of drugs has any part in finding Haliegh. I never heard Ron say to me or on any interview that he had done drugs. I am not saying that is Gospel, I am saying that Crystal has. So be it. All that to say maybe she did have a regressives incident. TWICE ?

So sorry if I offended anyone by offering the information above on the MOST COMMON cause of isolated seizures. The referenced information was provided to me by a board certified emergency physician in response to my questions about this. FWIW he also said that the routine tests run in the ER would identify cocaine use and determine a different course of treatment and that would NOT be dismissal within 24 hours.

"ACEP policy states that patients evaluated in the emergency department for a seizure who have a normal neurologic examination, no known co-morbidities, and no known structural brain abnormalities may be referred for outpatient follow-up."

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20070501/1342.html

ACEP is the American College of Emergency Physicians...the bolded part would include evidence of illegal drug usage.

Good morning yall,
I agree drugs should not be an issue, because Crystals first seizure was 2 days prior and would not be related to any prescribed drugs that Crystal could possibly have been prescribed after Haleigh was abducted. KWIM.
I don't believe she is using now or since being in Satsuma. I feel it is more likely STRESS related. If it was a illness I don't believe she would be sent home to rest but would be kept for further tests and treatment. (per friend ER nurse) Her 3rd seizure is very odd to have occurred after leaving Hospital. I would like to know why they did not return to the Hospital that just released her? How far are these two hospitals from each other? Which hospital would be closer to Crystals dads?

It could also be head trauma. It's an issue because instead of allowing the fact that she had seizures and that those seizures have other causes, there continues to be an insinuation made that she is still actively using drugs. This assumption is made with absolutely no facts. It speaks more to the person making the accusation and not so much on Crystal herself. She and her lawyer have already come forth to admit the past usage as well as Crystal having been clean for a long time. I tend to believe them but this statement has been poo-poo'd and shot down as glossy overlay. I get it. Crystal just can't be seen as a person trying to change her life for the better in some people's eyes. What I can't get is why. Why hold someone down to their past mistakes if they are making things better now? Isn't that where we're called to offer a hand up, not a kick in the face to say "Stay down!"

Pseudoseizures are a physical manifestation of an emotional disturbance. They resemble epileptic seizures, but, unlike the seizures caused by epilepsy, they are not caused by electrical disruptions in the brain. Physicians believe that pseudoseizures are psychological defense mechanisms, and may be brought on by episodes of severe stress or emotional trauma. The seizures tend to occur when patients try to suppress the trauma, often taking the person suffering with them by surprise, as do epileptic seizures.

bumped by me to further support above statement.

Good morning yall,
I agree drugs should not be an issue, because Crystals first seizure was 2 days prior and would not be related to any prescribed drugs that Crystal could possibly have been prescribed after Haleigh was abducted. KWIM.
I don't believe she is using now or since being in Satsuma. I feel it is more likely STRESS related. If it was a illness I don't believe she would be sent home to rest but would be kept for further tests and treatment. (per friend ER nurse) Her 3rd seizure is very odd to have occurred after leaving Hospital. I would like to know why they did not return to the Hospital that just released her? How far are these two hospitals from each other? Which hospital would be closer to Crystals dads?

I AGREE totally-- should not be an issue here...the fact that she has been seen by medical personnel and released means it is basically impossible that this is a drug issue. No Dr. is going to say "oh I see your urine test shows cocaine use...so I'm going to dismiss you now to go take care of your baby since I see you have been using drugs AND having seizures".

The article that I referenced above also states that any additional seizure within a 24 hour period is considered to be ONE event. If the seizure was related to glucose or sodium levels, then it will take a period of time for her body to resume normal levels with whatever dietary or other treatments have been prescribed.

I AGREE totally-- should not be an issue here...the fact that she has been seen by medical personnel and released means it is basically impossible that this is a drug issue. No Dr. is going to say "oh I see your urine test shows cocaine use...so I'm going to dismiss you now to go take care of your baby since I see you have been using drugs AND having seizures".

The article that I referenced above also states that any additional seizure within a 24 hour period is considered to be ONE event. If the seizure was related to glucose or sodium levels, then it will take a period of time for her body to resume normal levels with whatever dietary or other treatments have been prescribed.

I wonder if diabetes is an issue here ?

Any person wanting to better themselves doesn't do so at the expense of others, imo.

It could also be head trauma. It's an issue because instead of allowing the fact that she had seizures and that those seizures have other causes, there continues to be an insinuation made that she is still actively using drugs. This assumption is made with absolutely no facts. It speaks more to the person making the accusation and not so much on Crystal herself. She and her lawyer have already come forth to admit the past usage as well as Crystal having been clean for a long time. I tend to believe them but this statement has been poo-poo'd and shot down as glossy overlay. I get it. Crystal just can't be seen as a person trying to change her life for the better in some people's eyes. What I can't get is why. Why hold someone down to their past mistakes if they are making things better now? Isn't that where we're called to offer a hand up, not a kick in the face to say "Stay down!"

IMOO It is very difficult for me to understand why it is the common assumption with no facts that Ron and Misty are drug users.

I do hope she was honest with the ER docs who saw her as to her past abuse.

IMOO I would have to consider they would of monitored this and stabilized her electrolytes before her release. Just MOO

I said arrests. And I beg to differ, do you honestly think that ALL of those arrest were mistakes? I mean really......

I amsaying there are no convictions on his record which means that there was no trial. And how many are there? Accortding to Crystal many, but she is NOT a reliable source of anything in my opinion. There is no information on convictions. And probable cause is in the eye of the beholder - that is why there are trials.

Remember INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY. So, at this point, he is innocent. Apparently none of the charges resulted in a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee