CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I jumped the gun there. Believe me, these people's nightmares are made worse by the fact this is happening in New Haven. It is ugly. Clean hotels are hard to find.

But I agree with you: I would be there tearing bricks out of that building looking for my daughter.

That is why I think they are waiting for something else.

I agree that the professors are a bit suspicious.

I am SHOCKED that NO ONE in her family or in his family or the fiance has come out and come on tv and plea for her safe return. Anyone think how crazy that is?? I don't know, I guess I just expect someone to be pleaing for her return even if its unlikely she make be alive.

I also think its crazy that we don't know much after almost a week. The press conference was a joke. They should know definitively if she left that building or not.

Are they checking the incinerator because could the incinerator let out a lot of steam and that be the cause of the fire alarm? Does the campus have an incinerator there? Who has keys to her office? Was her officed locked up? The big question is WHO KNEW she was going to be there? Her group, her professors, etc. I hope LE questioned everyone that accessed that building. If she felt unsafe or a professor hit on her, I would imagine that her boyfriend knows about it, I am sure she would of told him.

I feel like Yale is trying to make this yush yush and I feel like the reward should be a lot more. Why hasn't the family or the fiance put up an award also?

We'd all like to hear them, and I hope LE does - but, we won't. Maybe at trial.

Sometimes you have to watch what they do, and not rely on what they say.

I find it interesting that Annie's parents would travel to New Haven today. I think that means they were already in NY on Tuesday for the wedding.

If LE told me my daughter did not exit the building, as far as they could tell by all evidence and surveillance, I would want to get to New Haven and to that building too, and stay there until they found my daughter.

I agree...why wouldn't her family go to the University or be there in town on Wednesday or even Tuesday when they found out she is missing.
If it was a kidnapping for a ransom for cash for money, there has been no ransom note that we are away of. So thats a bit crazy. And if it was a burglary that a bit odd because her purse, credit cards, and cash were left there.

sorry if this thought has already been posted... .I have about ten more pages until I am caught up on this thread...

So it would have to have been someone that knew that opening the door would cause this reaction.. someone who regularly runs the autoclave, etc.. do you know if there would be techs that do this or do the students and faculty run their own batch of stuff thru the autoclave (generally speaking)
Hi nurse! Since autoclaves come in various sizes, I'm curious how large the ones are in that lab. :waitasec: MOO

The building: what do we know?
Is this a newer building?
Was it build on the foundation of an older building?
How long have tunnels been in existence to this building?
Are there any closed off rooms in the basement ?
Any tunnels that are closed off from years goneby?
Old boiler rooms?
Any doorways that have been sealed to other buildings/rooms?

I would like to hear from her lab pards as well. Maybe one of them had a crush/obsession for her and didn't want her to get married? I want to know more about her fiancee as well. Was he seeing someone else or was someone obsessed with him maybe. Maybe and ex girlfriend or boyfriend? Remember if an astronaut can loose it and drive 9 hours in a diaper anyone else could as well.

Thanks for hanging in on this...

He is a guy with tremendous power. The domain case may seem insignificant but IT WAS AN UNPRECEDENTED decision in his favor. Someone took the domain name and he was able get it back in an arbitration. THIS IS UNHEARD OF. I'm sure he threw money at it...just like the sexual lawsuit. He fought in the 1967 and 1973 wars in Israel. THE AMOUNT OF INORMATION ABOUT HIM THAT HAS BEEN EXPUNGED FROM THE INTERNET IS AMAZING.

Do you think to the point that influence from Yale would keep him protected from the arm of the law if he was guilty and involved in some way here?

Ta for the info on him too Puffster.

OH, I'm sorry - I'd missed this before. Thank you Koozya, this is pretty critical info.

Can I ask for a little autoclave lesson?

You can't autoclave clothing, right?
But, there would be access in such labs to small incinerators?

If the alarm went off, and the building cleared because of it, Would responders go check that autoclave in particular and know which autoclave caused the alarm? Or would it be ignored? What's the cool down time after a steam event? Would there be any identifiable waste of interest left after the process? Would there be a record of who turned on the autoclave? Who would empty the autoclave - the person who started the autoclave? or clean-up staff? And what waste would be left, and where would it go next? And do only researchers know how to use autoclaves? Can't other staff know/learn how?

Thanks a bunch!

You can autoclave anything. It is just a big steam sterilizer. They are used for instruments, supplies, culture media, anything you need to be sterile. There is a solids cycle for instruments and a liquids cycle for culture media (so it doesn't boil away). You can sterilize infectious waste before disposal, but I doubt anyone would try this with a body. This was during the day, and these are usually in an equipment room where anyone could walk in at any time. There would be no reason to do this- it would increase the chance of discovery immensely.
Anyone who needed to use it could learn how to use it. Sometimes in a large lab there is a technician responsible for all autoclaving.

In over 20 years of working in labs I have never seen an incinerator inside a lab. Not that it's impossible, I just think it's extremely unlikely.

Gosh, I hope I can wait up until 9 :) I imagine there must be a development to call a presser on Sunday night at 9. Good grief... I'm hooked again.

Here's hoping she is present at the news conference and explains why she has been hiding. I don't think it's going to play out that way, but still holding out hope.

I'm sure I read back in the monster thread #1 that the fiance, Jonathan Windawsky, is half Chinese. Ugh, if only I could remember where I saw that! So I imagine there's some intercultural understanding!

So you're pronouncing Le as "lee"? I have Vietnamese friends who say it's more like "lay".

Hi everyone .This is my first post .I want to clarify some questions regarding Annie Le and her fiance's background . Her fiance is Jewish and she is Vietnamese . With regard to her last name , Le = Lê {real Vietnamese spelling} is pronounced as ''Lay'' and there is another similar Vietnamese last name Lý but this one is pronounced as Lee.

Concerned Citizen said:
Hi, I’ve lurked a long time, but never registered until today. I live very near New Haven and I’ve been following this case closely. I so want her to turn up safe and sound.

Here’s what I’ve been wondering about. I saw a picture of Annie’s wedding invitation, and only her mother’s name was on it, not her father’s. That was here: http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-missin...,5297144.story No, her fiancé is definitely not Asian.

The Yale newspaper names her parents as Robert Linh Nguyen and Ngoctuyet Bui. On the wedding invitation and in another article, her mother is called Vivian Le. Are her parents divorced? Also, the Yale newspaper quoted her uncle in California as saying Annie was “hell-bent on getting married.” Something about that struck me as odd, as if maybe everybody in her family wasn’t too keen on her getting married. Just a thought.

That article is here: http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/un...still-smiling/

As to the FBI agent saying “I will categorically say a body has not been found,” she was answering a question that started “Will you categorically say –“

I hate that this has happened, but I am glad to find other people who are just as interested in this as I am.

Initially, i was also confused about her parents like you . Who are her real parents ? But now i think Robert Linh Nguyen and Ngoctuyet Bui are her uncle and aunt but she is primarily raised by them ,so you can consider them as her adoptive parents ,and Vivian Le is her mother who owns several nail salons in California as mentioned in some articles above

9pm news conference

What time is it there right now. I know I'm on a different time zone just not sure if yall are ahead or behind us. it 7pm here.

Gosh, I hope I can wait up until 9 :) I imagine there must be a development to call a presser on Sunday night at 9. Good grief... I'm hooked again.

Here's hoping she is present at the news conference and explains why she has been hiding. I don't think it's going to play out that way, but still holding out hope.

The inconvienent time makes me think it is big news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove