CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, he is thinking she may be stuck between the pipes and stuck in there.
The wall will have to be removed.
The access door may not be on the side that she is wedged in.
Rigor sets in and don't we bloat up also?
If she was dropped in her legs and arms could be all twisted in the piping.

Thank you passionflower, that is exactly what I was thinking. Getting her in there shortly after she was deceased would have been much easier than removing her days after death.

Also, they will want to be very careful in order to preserve any evidence KWIM?

They know the body in the wall was female, but don't know that it's Le. That's what sickens me.

I don't think its him either. At least I am ot expecting it to be. Of course he could be an old flame and this turn out to be a passion crime.

It's hard to express how sad I am for Annie and her loved ones. A woman who was to marry her soul mate today, a brilliant researcher with many gifts to give to the human condition, a daughter, friend, niece...rest in peace beautiful Annie. The monster perp will be found.

What a brutal murder of a beautiful, petite woman. Such a coward he is!!! Seems like some monster got enraged by Annie's beauty, brilliance and tenacity - and thought she deserved nothing better then to be stuffed in a wall to quiet her for good.. For the sake of Annie and women everywhere - this monster needs to be caught, and quick.

As a current PhD student, I don't know why he doesn't look like someone in a grad program. All sorts of fashions, etc, are to be found in any grad program nowadays. Likely even at Yale. ;)
was just about to post the same thing..... ITA

I worked in a lab for 25 years. If he put the body in a red bio-hazard bag (as most autclaved things are) then no other lab person would open it to look.

I have seem HUGE autoclaves, much bigger than a dishwasher

Thanks - do those of you who are familiar with lab autoclaves think the sterilization process would result in eliminating (or minimizing?) the smell of the body after it was removed & hidden? Not that you'd have any actual experience with such a thing but ...

Police: Body found could be missing Yale student

updated 33 minutes ago

"(CNN) -- Investigators found the remains of a woman they assume is missing Yale graduate student Annie Le, a senior police official said Sunday.
Annie Le, 24, has not been seen by family, friends or co-workers since Tuesday, police say.

The remains were found inside a wall at 10 Amistad Street, said Peter Reichard, New Haven, Connecticut, assistant police chief.

"She hasn't been positively identified, however, we are assuming that it is her at this time so we are treating it as a homicide investigation," Reichard said."

and

" Police discovered the body in the basement Sunday afternoon, said Yale University President Richard Levin in a statement to the campus community.

Police plan to work through the night to remove the unidentified body, which is still in the wall, police spokesman Joe Avery told CNN."

more...

As a current PhD student, I don't know why he doesn't look like someone in a grad program. All sorts of fashions, etc, are to be found in any grad program nowadays. Likely even at Yale. ;)

That is absolutely true. The students are incredibly diverse where I am also.

I respectfully disagree Panthera. Honestly, I haven't seen Annie's research partners so I can't say one way or the other.

:blowkiss:
I read a while back here that there were 3 Asian students (no gender given), 3 males, a female and Annie. I guess he could be one of the 3 males, but maybe I was expecting them to look more "nerdy" for lack of a better word. I may be totally wrong! MOO

Is his hair styled in a manner that is suppose to signify something? The parts seem so...idk what, like theres meaning to the design.

Can you tell me what website the photo of the cornrow dude came from? i will most likely be able to help identify him.

Thanks - do those of you who are familiar with lab autoclaves think the sterilization process would result in eliminating (or minimizing?) the smell of the body after it was removed & hidden? Not that you'd have any actual experience with such a thing but ...
It would magnify the smell. It uses heat/steam. moo

Been lurking all day - rarely post.

I work in a doctor's office and in a hospital with steam sterilizer. Water is added to the sterilizer to create the steam. The steam increases the temperature on the surface to kill bacteria. While the steam might cause some dehydration to the body if placed in a sterilizer and turned on, it would most likely burn the body like a burn when you open a hot car radiator. It would not incinerate it and would not likely dehydrate it to the extent that it would alter much of the size of the body. If she was in fact placed in the sterilizer, it would have been to hide the body and turning it on would mean no one would be likely to open it prematurely before the perp figured out what to do....

The weight and size of the body would not have allowed the steam to circulate around the sterilizer and would have caused an "overload" type of alarm. This is probably when the perp used the time with everyone out of the building to move the body.

Just a theory and JMHO.
Thanks for your very helpful post Silk. Could he have turned it on slow or low to make the process take longer, giving him more time? I would think he'd have had to known ahead of time where to conceal her and how to handle the body that would be scalding hot so he didn't get burned. xox

I don't know. I would think a seal on an autoclave would have to be very tight. That's all the further I want to go now. It's making me sick.

I think the amount of time needed to successfully autoclave it to that point is very long. Plus the stench alone would be horrendous (never autclave stool samples is the first lesson you learn). I would imagine each lab would have an autoclave room with filtered air, but still.

I think it would make it far worse. I typed out a long explanation before but it was so sickening I deleted it before posting. There would be no advantage in doing this if you were going to hide the body in a wall. You would make concealing the body far more difficult for yourself.

School had just started, so I really have to wonder about the failed grades etc--too early in the semester...IMO I would think jealousy or revenge more...

Bad grades, failed class? not getting a scholorship?
or someone didn't want her to marry someone else???

Yeah, I agree. The only reason I posted that photo was because I know the media had reported that guy had been questioned, and so when someone asked for the picture, I posted it. I'll try to delete it, but it won't delete it from the posts that people quoted. Sorry to anyone that offended..that definitely was NOT the purpose.
I deleted my post. I was only warning you that it could be taken that way around here. I know you didn't mean anything by it at all. :) You aren't that type of person. :blowkiss:

The body was reportedly found at the basement level, not truly between walls, but in a vertical "chase" where cables , conduits, ducts, pipes, etc rise vertically to service higher floors. I'd suspect someone with knowledge and access to that area, such as 1) a maintenance person, 2) security personnel, 3) professor or other supervisory person with authorized access and knowledge of the physical plant.

The professor who canceled his class is NOT a suspect - at least at this time. Apparently he has been questioned and LE is satisfied he was not involved.

The fire alarm was reported to have gone off due to steam escaping from lab equipment in an unrelated experiment in another lab area of the building. Connected? Not likely, but it may have presented a crime of opportunity situation.

In any event - unless she somehow fell down the chase accidentally, which is possible but very unlikely, it definitely seems to be a homicide at this point.

I read a while back here that there were 3 Asian students (no gender given), 3 males, a female and Annie. I guess he could be one of the 3 males, but maybe I was expecting them to look more "nerdy" for lack of a better word. I may be totally wrong! MOO

Oh.... maybe you had these young men in mind? :wink:

adxGetMedia.aspx

No worries....

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics