CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was an explanation for that earlier - Annie was the TA and was going to hand out the syllabus, making it a short class. That's what I remember. Right now, it could all be different, but that's what was reported earlier.

In thread #2, pgs 9 and 10, there is some discussion that probably there wasn't much to do in that first class and that Annie might just be going to hand out the syllabus, but there is nothing in the press saying that.
It's just speculation.

PAGE #2 New Haven Assistant Chief Peter Reichard said the remains have not been positively identified, but they assume it to be that of Annie Marie Le.

Thanks to all those who kindly gave me ideas, accurate times, dates, and information...let's keep trying to make this better AND - Let's put the 'name of the perp on here'![/QUOTE]
END OF TIME LINE - two posts

This article says:

"Schlessinger said that Bennett e-mailed him yesterday around noon informing him that Le had not come in to work and that no one knew where she was."

THANK YOU!!! I'll put the link in the time-line. Now if we can only find that the class was indeed cancelled and by whom. Thanks!!!!!

This article says:

"Schlessinger said that Bennett e-mailed him yesterday around noon informing him that Le had not come in to work and that no one knew where she was."
Is it really that big of a deal? I would say the email to Schlessinger would be the catalyst to the class having been canceled since she was said to be missing by noon.

The point really is that Bennett had class from 10:30am until noon in Sterling. She entered the lab at Amistad at 10:00am. No one has said what time she was last seen by people inside the building, but the FBI agent said they talked to colleagues who did see her. Who told Bennett? The other 7 members of her lab missed her that day according to reports. Did they tell Bennett? Who else knew by noon she was missing?

Newest time-line with a very sad entry at the end. for your review. Please leave a comment so I can edit...thanks! Rough draft done by Eyes4crime (sorry- 3X to try and get this through)

Building #1 - Anton Bennett (Assistant Professor Pharmacology Department) lab and office are both in Sterling Hall of Medicine (333 Cedar Street). Annie left personal belongings, purse etc, in her office in Sterling Hall of Medicine. Annie's 1st stop Tues am.

Bldg. #2 - 10 Amistan Street (Annie's 2nd and last stop)

Sept. 8th. (Tuesday) - Annie arrives and leaves personal belongings in office at Sterling Hall of Medicine (333 Sterling). Walks 3 blocks to lab on 10 Anistan St.

Sept. 8th (10:00am) - Annie on video being let into building on Amistan.

Sept 8th -(10:30 - 12:00pm) Dr. Bennett teaching a class, Pharm 528a, Principles of Signal Transduction. 1st class of the new quarter (could have ended at at a time prior to 12:00p). Located in Sterling bldg., along with Annie's office.

Sept. 8th (12:00pm) - Bennett e-mailed Dr. Schlessinger (according to Schlessinger) (chair of the Department of Pharmacology) around noon to imform him that Le had not arrived at work and that no one knew where she was. Annie would not be available to TA her Pathology class at 2:00p (not verified). Class was cancelled by Dr. Schlessinger or Dr. Bennett or ?. (not verified)

Sept. 8th (12:40pm) - Steam alarm caused people to exit; thought to be triggered by a steam sensor triggered by person opening a device. (no report if this was an accident or intentional).

Sept. 8th (late afternoon) - School of Medicine Dean Robert Alpern notified about Le’s disappearance just prior to Department of Pharmacology meeting. Dr. Alpern was briefed regarding the on-going investigation.

Sept. 8th (2:00pm) - Dr. Michael D. Robek's first Pathology class of the quarter was cancelled earlier in the day by Dr. Bennett or Dr. Schlessinger or? (cancellation not verified). Annie is the TA for this class. link shows confusion....http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...in_case_of_missing_yale_student_annie_le.html

Sept. 8th (9:00pm) - Annie reported missing by her roommate

Sept. 8th? - Annie's belongings, purse, credit cards, keys, money, were discovered early on by Yale University Police.

Sept. 10th (mid-day) - Students e-mailed regarding missing Annie.

Sept. 11th - Prof Bennett questioned regarding the cancellation of Robek's Pathology class, and e-mails

Sept. 12th - bloody clothes found stuffed in ceiling or roof at Amistan Street - not thought to be Annie's clothes.

September 13th - Body found in wall about 5p today. New Haven Assistant Chief Peter Reichard said the remains have not been positively identified, but they assume it to be that of Annie Marie Le.
Cont. in next post...guess it's too long

THANK YOU!!! I'll put the link in the time-line. Now if we can only find that the class was indeed cancelled and by whom. Thanks!!!!!

Thanks again for the indispensable timeline! I think that the street is "Amistad." A friend of mine who spent four years at Yale didn't know where it is, so I assume that it's not a prime campus hotspot.

Is it really that big of a deal? I would say the email to Schlessinger would be the catalyst to the class having been canceled since she was said to be missing by noon.

The point really is that Bennett had class from 10:30am until noon in Sterling. She entered the lab at Amistad at 10:00am. No one has said what time she was last seen by people inside the building, but the FBI agent said they talked to colleagues who did see her. Who told Bennett? The other 7 members of her lab missed her that day according to reports. Did they tell Bennett? Who else knew by noon she was missing?

So Bennett gets out of class around noon and says she hasn't "shown up to work". What do you take that to mean? He has to have been notified by phone/email from others in the lab who noticed she wasn't around, right? Cause he's back at Sterling.

Here, I added this article in after you saw the other:

I think the confusion over class being cancelled is that there WAS also a class cancelled, but it was that of Dr. Schelessinger, which led to his questioning. We don't know how that relates to the class Annie was TAing...this says one she was to attend, not one she was to TA, which makes it seem this is about two different classes. The Dr. S. one she was attending, and the Dr. P (wasn't that the initial?) one that she was TAing at 2?)

"Annie Le, a 24-year-old doctoral student in pharmacology, was supposed to attend the professor's class on Tuesday afternoon.

But the class was abruptly canceled - and hours later, Le was discovered missing.

The sudden cancellation near the time when Le is believed to have disappeared aroused suspicions among law enforcement, a New Haven police source said.

It was unclear what class was canceled or if the professor is a suspect. Yale officials would not comment, and a police spokesperson did not return calls."

couldn't agree more with you Scandi my friend! You know what I would love to see happen? That the work she has done already is published/put to use the way she wanted it to be.. that other students and scientists can further her work and put her name in lights for the credit.

What a grand idea Nurse and I do hope they will publish her works. She was one of those exceptional people with both brains and a bounce in her step. Her work must be exceptional and should be shared with all who study in that field. IMO

PS: Back at 'cha :blowkiss:

Is it really that big of a deal? I would say the email to Schlessinger would be the catalyst to the class having been canceled since she was said to be missing by noon. (eg: oh crap! Where is Annie with they syllabii for the new class we are starting.. that was all we were going to do today was hand them out... thusly cancel class.. just a thought)

one article that I posted in thread two (I believe it was from the yale daily news) said that thru the morning when her colleages hadn't seen her/when she wasn't where she normally was, they were concerned....and by the time she missed her class they were extremely concerned. (however she wasn't reported missing until nine pm that night by her roommate). It seems to me... and did at the time that I read that specific article... that she had been off her game for the better part of the day/not seen in places she normally would have been seen by her colleagues. I think her drastic change in habit could have prompted the Bennett email. (eg: oh crap! Where is Annie with they syllabii for the new class we are starting.. that was all we were going to do today was hand them out... thusly cancel class.. just a thought)

I have often thought, seeing as how she left all her personal belongings in Sterling, that the trip to 10 Amistad was a quick one... to drop something off and return shortly back to Sterling. Referring back to the post (that was a comment from "a friend" on one of the media reports) that she regularly carried mice between Sterling and Amistad... and studying the surv. still, I could see that parcel being a small cage of mice that went to the animal area of Amistad where she could have met up with the perp somewhere in between thusly never made it to the lab space where the remainder of her team was working. Just thoughts.

Was the fire alarm automatic or did it need to be set off by someone? Sounds like it could have been someone in maintenance who killed her, then activated the alarm to have time to dispose of the body without being seen. Possibly, someone who has been watching her awhile and become fixated on her.

Or someone that wanted to leave the building in a group.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/u.../12/police-bloody-clothes-found-students-lab/

According to the article it happened at 12:40pm that same day. They don't give the time Annie entered the building that morning but, both happened on Tuesday.

sorry the article i found said thursday, sorry for the confusion. Same day makes it even more curious. Its weird though. Fire alarm definitely makes people run or leave the area, but it also makes people come too see where the fire is if there is one.

I reread the article I found, and it said someone pulled the fire alarm police said thursday. So police said it on thursday but it didnt happen that day. Eeek sorry

So Bennett gets out of class around noon and says she hasn't "shown up to work". What do you take that to mean? He has to have been notified by phone/email from others in the lab who noticed she wasn't around, right? Cause he's back at Sterling.
I guess that makes sense.

I want to know where everyone was right now and see their alibis. LOL Patience is not one of my virtues. ;)

You guys do realize we are on our 3rd thread about Annie Le here, Right?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88919"]CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The mods should probably move this thread over. :)

When Annie was at work in Bennet's lab or in her office, she was at Sterling. She did her own research at Amistad. (The address for the Bennett Lab is at Sterling.)

If she hadn't shown up at Sterling, Bennett would consider her as not showing up for work.

"Le started her Tuesday morning working in the Sterling Hall of Medicine, where her lab was located, Yale Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer said. Le left the lab around 10 a.m. to walk to the 10 Amistad St. three blocks away, where she frequently went to conduct experiments, Lorimer said."
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/city-news/2009/09/09/medical-student-goes-missing/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny