CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Annie was at work in Bennet's lab or in her office, she was at Sterling. She did her own research at Amistad. (The address for the Bennett Lab is at Sterling.)

If she hadn't shown up at Sterling, Bennett would consider her as not showing up for work.

"Le started her Tuesday morning working in the Sterling Hall of Medicine, where her lab was located, Yale Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer said. Le left the lab around 10 a.m. to walk to the 10 Amistad St. three blocks away, where she frequently went to conduct experiments, Lorimer said."
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/city-news/2009/09/09/medical-student-goes-missing/
But she DID show up for work that morning. So why would Bennett say she hadn't shown up for work? Did he mean she didn't show up at a particular place in the Amistad building?

Le started her Tuesday morning working in the Sterling Hall of Medicine, where her lab was located, Yale Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer said. Le left the lab around 10 a.m. to walk to the 10 Amistad St. three blocks away, where she frequently went to conduct experiments, Lorimer said.

No matter what...the list of suspects is relatively small.

Schlessinger.
Bennett.
Other Professors.
Students allowed in Amistad with proper ID card.
Maintenance crew.
Campus Police.

Who else could have been in the lab that morning, spent enough time to murder her, hide clothing, hide her body in a chase in the wall, and clean up the crime scene?

It is logical to believe the crime was committed between the hours of 10:00am and 12:00pm. To narrow it down, if other people saw her inside the building it would put the start time closer to 10:15-10:30am. If Bennett was aware by noon then it would make sense others were aware before noon that she was missing putting the time earlier than 12:00pm. So let's say the murderer had roughly an hour between 10:30 am - 11:30 am.

So Bennett gets out of class around noon and says she hasn't "shown up to work". What do you take that to mean? He has to have been notified by phone/email from others in the lab who noticed she wasn't around, right? Cause he's back at Sterling.

puffster - we have no idea when Bennett let his class leave...rarely do Profs keep students much longer than a few minutes or at the most a 1/2 hour on the first day. Gosh, Doc students can ask the TA to e-mail the necessary papers on the first day...many times that happens. mho

And please remember - her valuable and personal items were in her office...right in his building. Didn't he go look to see if she was there?

But she DID show up for work that morning. So why would Bennett say she hadn't shown up for work? Did he mean she didn't show up at a particular place in the Amistad building?

The above was said by a Secretary and VP. After the fact. I don't think Bennett knew she was at the medical building until the PD found her things in the office. Maybe he failed to look in her office - that's where she put all her personal items before she left for Amistad. I think I'm going to go out of my mind...remember that song?

Ive been following Annies case and this really tears at my heart. Annie was supposed to be getting married. had a great career ahead of her, and some pond scum takes her life and decides to put an end to her dreams. I cannot believe the evil in this world. :furious:

Regardless if it was male or female...the comment includes a car which Annie Le did not have and I find it odd.

I believe the statement was "the car" rather than "her car" - Annie could have gotten into the friend's car to "escape" (from something which could have been as benign as some crude guys cat-calling -- not sure it was an actual physical threat.)

puffster - we have no idea when Bennett let his class leave...rarely do Profs keep students much longer than a few minutes or at the most a 1/2 hour on the first day. Gosh, Doc students can ask the TA to e-mail the necessary papers on the first day...many times that happens. mho

And please remember - her valuable and personal items were in her office...right in his building. Didn't he go look to see if she was there?

ok...so he goes and looks there. "oh there's her purse, everything is cool." What makes him say to Schlessinger in his email that she "didn't show up for work".?????

When Annie was at work in Bennet's lab or in her office, she was at Sterling. She did her own research at Amistad. (The address for the Bennett Lab is at Sterling.)

If she hadn't shown up at Sterling, Bennett would consider her as not showing up for work.

"Le started her Tuesday morning working in the Sterling Hall of Medicine, where her lab was located, Yale Vice President and Secretary Linda Lorimer said. Le left the lab around 10 a.m. to walk to the 10 Amistad St. three blocks away, where she frequently went to conduct experiments, Lorimer said."
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/city-news/2009/09/09/medical-student-goes-missing/

Campus police found her purse and personal items in her office. Bennett had no idea they were there, nor did he know she had reported for work. That's according to printed media.

No matter what...the list of suspects is relatively small.

Schlessinger.
Bennett.
Other Professors.
Students allowed in Amistad with proper ID card.
Maintenance crew.
Campus Police.

Who else could have been in the lab that morning, spent enough time to murder her, hide clothing, hide her body in a chase in the wall, and clean up the crime scene?

It is logical to believe the crime was committed between the hours of 10:00am and 12:00pm. To narrow it down, if other people saw her inside the building it would put the start time closer to 10:15-10:30am. If Bennett was aware by noon then it would make sense others were aware before noon that she was missing putting the time earlier than 12:00pm. So let's say the murderer had roughly an hour between 10:30 am - 11:30 am.

I like the order.

ok...so he goes and looks there. "oh there's her purse, everything is cool." What makes him say to Schlessinger in his email that she "didn't show up for work".?????

that's what is being questioned!

I would like to know the answer to that myself.

It was reported by her 7 lab team members she was not there. So where did her lab team members work? Sterling or Amistad? What time was she supposed to be with them? Was it a set schedule to work with them? Were the rest of them accounted for during the hour of 10:30am-11:30am?

Wow, so interesting your first comment - I rarely had a first semester/quarter class that wasn't nearly full class time.

My professors always said we were paying for class time and would get what we paid for! We might end a few minutes earlier, but they always managed to fill time with some degree of introductory lecture, etc. after passing out the syllabus, especially in my upper level classes and all my grad classes!

That's actually news to me that that isn't the norm!

Seems unlikely she would have left the stuff out in the open - more likely in a desk or locker.

Sorry if this has been posted. I'm way behind, but is this the professor ?

http://scienceblogs.com/thusspakezuska/2006/12/joeseph_schlessinger_yales_lia.php
Joeseph Schlessinger: Yale's Liability

Category: Apologists for the Oppressors • Sex Offenders • Sexual Harassment
Posted on: December 4, 2006 11:04 AM, by Zuska

The Chronicle of Higher Education's news blog has a little item on Joseph Schlessinger. You may know him as the "internationally known researcher and head of the pharmacology department at Yale University" famous for his "his work in figuring out how information flows between a cell surface and the cell -- studies credited with laying the groundwork for several treatments for cancer".

Or you may know him now as the jerk-*advertiser censored* who allegedly sexually harassed his secretary so frequently and so long that she eventually had to quit her job to get away from him.

http://scienceblogs.com/thusspakezuska/2006/12/joeseph_schlessinger_yales_lia.php

:eek: Wow! And follow it up with the comment made which led me to this:

Credentials vs. Note Taking

Category: Science & Society
Posted on: September 30, 2006 9:49 AM, by Alex Palazzo

A lesson of what not-to-do from Joseph Schlessinger (the "signaling guy" and head of Pharmacology at Yale) at the Yeda vs. ImClone Patent trial. Yeda provided detailed records of their development of Erbitux, ImClone provided no records, only Joseph Schlessinger's account of a twenty year old conversation. The court stated:
We find Schlessinger's account of this conversation not credible for several reasons.

~snip~

By contrast, she [Judge Buchwald] repeatedly assailed the testimony of Schlessinger, who testified that he'd been nominated for a Nobel Prize and is now the chair of pharmacology at Yale University's School Of Medicine. "Schlessinger's explanation... can most generously be described as strained," Judge Buchwald wrote in her opinion.

Elsewhere, she commented that "This exchange represents one of many instances in which Schlessinger exhibited great reluctance to acknowledge a fact that he perceived to be injurious to the defendants' case." In various places, her opinion dismissed his testimony as "not credible," "contorted," "incredible" and "wholly unsubstantiated by any contemporaneous records."

http://scienceblogs.com/transcript/2006/09/credential_vs_note_taking.php BBM

Could that mean she was meeting someone in the lab somewhere and they never saw her?

I'm a friend of Annie's, and I've been following all three of these threads religiously. We were in the same program at the NIH and were very close the first couple of summers that we were there. Unfortunately, we've lost touch a bit the past couple of years, but I do have some insight that I thought I would share.

I read some speculation that an ex-boyfriend of Annie's or ex-girlfriend of Jon's might be involved. Annie was with Jon even before I met her in 2005, so this scenario doesn't seem likely to me. The person would have to be harboring severe jealousy for over 5 years. Annie was completely devoted to Jon even then. When the rest of us would be going out to bars at night, Annie would stay home to go online and play scrabble with Jon since he wasn't with us during the summer.

The reports of Dr. Schlessinger's past sexual harassment made me sick. If he was harassing Annie, I can picture her being the only person to stand up to him. When we all introduced ourselves in our program, Annie described herself as "I may be small, but I carry a big stick", meaning she didn't let herself get stepped on or pushed around. She was very, very sweet but also very feisty. I could also picture the scenario of an unstable person taking a fancy to her, since she was always so friendly to everyone.

I looked through all of Annie's other friends on facebook, and Xiao Hung is not listed.

I hope that's helpful. Reading all of your posts has been a comfort to me and given me something to do since I've been going crazy with worry the past few days.

I soooooooooooooooo want to see that email that Bennett sent to Schlessinger. I don't think it was the way Schlessinger characterized it. I think it went more like: Annie seems to be out of pocket for a while, do you know where she is? And as I said before Bennett is going diretly to him for a reason. Then Schlessinger talks to the media about how the first time he heard of her being missing is when Bennett alerted him that she "hadn't shown up for work". And all this crap about being parents to her. Bennett doesn't say she "didn't show up for work" in his quotes to the press. He says we were concerned about her whereabouts and became more concerned as the day went on,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny