CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE can arrest/hold without a warrant?

Depends. There are a lot of factors that can allow LE to arrest and/or hold but we don't know if any are applicable here with this particular suspect.
Now LE says, this is not a "random act"? What exactly does this mean in police speak? Does this mean they have a suspect and a possible motive?

Again a lot of ways to interpret. At this time I'm interpretting it to mean that there isn't a perp walking around randomly selecting students to murder. That LE is under the impression that Annie was selected for some reason unknown to us at this time.
About now they just need to arrest the person "sweating bullets". I agree, we should be hours away.

Yup arrest should come soon, I wonder if they will wait until the autopsy findings come back?My responses in dark red.

If Annie had reserved the lab spot for 10 a.m., then the killer had access to the schedule so he (or she) knew Annie would be there at that time. I say "or she" because there has been so much more violence by women these days--and I keep thinking about that female who met Annie at the door of Amistad. NOT saying it's her, but who knows?
(Think Melissa Huckaby.. who would have thought????)

I was thinking the same thing likely a lab partner. Female, why? Because jealousy seems really apparent in this crime as motive and I agree female is on a rise and growing stronger daily.

When LE says "not a random act" in my opinion that normally means it's someone that is close to or knows the suspect..not some random person off the street that just randomly walked by her and decided to commit this crime. It's someone who knows her, IMO.
exactly! And also is a message to all the other students on campus... ie, there is not a serial killer out running around that they need to be fearful of....

Per FoxNews: Reports are saying they have a suspect and it's someone that failed a lie detector test and has defensive wounds on him.

Chris Le (UC Davis) wrote
at 1:24am
As a family, we take solace in the fact that though she is gone, she left this world doing what she loved. She may be small, but she be fierce. Stuck in a 4'11'' frame, she had a 7' tall personality. She will always live on through us.

Her brother and uncle have been replying on the facebook wall of support annie le, we praying 4 you

I saw that! Now I am really confused because the source for that article was a "news producer"...

Whereas the source from the yale daily was the actual NHPD (however, we all know that the PD could have been blowing smoke)

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/14/police-shoot-down-report-about-polygraph/

I would need to re watch the presser from last night, but IIRC, The statement about a person failing the lie detector test came from LE at the presser didn't it???? :waitasec:

Not only was it not random, I'll bet this was premeditated, planned for more than an hour or even a day.

I think LE is purposely leaking information, but denying publicly, to put pressure on the suspect. They want the confession.

exactly! And also is a message to all the other students on campus... ie, there is not a serial killer out running around that they need to be fearful of....

on the other hand though, someone that walks among them. not sure which is more scary.

When LE says "not a random act" in my opinion that normally means it's someone that is close to or knows the suspect..not some random person off the street that just randomly walked by her and decided to commit this crime. It's someone who knows her, IMO.

knows the victim, you mean? I agree with your answer:

not some random person off the street that just randomly walked by her and decided to commit this crime.

But, someone who knows her in what way?

That could mean a predator on campus just stalking her in specific because she appears vulnerable.

Pat Brown, criminal profiler, says SUSPECT in custody,per FB.

I think that it is going to turn out to be one of her lab partners. I've had a friend b4 that told me years later that he was "madly in love" with me and I never had a clue. Our friends didn't either. He had come in to my place of employment (years later) and said my first and last name in an excited and mind blowing way. My boss and another guy that i worked with were in the room behind me with the door open. Anyway when this guy said my name this way I looked at him and said sry do I know you?Mind you this was 10 yrs later I saw him. He went thru 2 yrs of my life telling me all sorts of stuff that I didn't remember but as he talked I slowly started to figure out who he was.He was the quiet guy in our crowd He said that he still talked about me all the time to his wife. CREEPY!! He said that she was STILL jealous of me!!! He had made a crude joke that his wife would never be ME! I think someone can be obsessed over someone and no one else in their circle notices. My boss and the other guy that were in the room behind me had to come in the room and send me in the back b/c this guy was sooo creepy when he was talking about me in detail. I remember being scared to drive home that day.

The mechanical chase is a void in the wall used to take utilities from the top floor to the basement, Avery said.
The Amistad building has panels at every floor allowing technicians access to wiring and cables, electrician explained.
And they’re not hard to open, according to Stanley. “With a screwdriver or even a butter knife you could open it up,” he said.
Stanley has worked in Yale buildings for 20 years, including the Amistad building, which opened in 2007. He spoke while taking a break Monday from working in another nearby building.
With such easy access, the body could have been stashed by “anybody who worked in that building,” Stanley surmised. He said that students would have access as easily as any Yale employee.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/you_can_get_in.php

Either knew her schedule or was almost always in the building and waiting for an opportunity to strike. Or could it be a sex predator, who was watching from the outside and made his way inside somehow? Could he have caught the door at the last moment from someone entering, and they never noticed it?

concentric, I worked for the (dreaded) phone company and was in the call center on 9/11. We were on lockdown that day and had security guards for weeks after. All doors were opened with an ID slide card. some employees found it too time consuming to leave for a smoke break thru the guarded entrance where we had to sign in and be searched in the lobby upon returning to the building. Many would 'sneak' out the back service entrance and leave a rock in the door while they smoked so that their reentry went undetected by sliding their card. I just thought of this possibility upon reading your post.

I wonder if the perp used Annie's card to get into the secured areas. As to not implicate him/herself. just becuase they found her there does not mean that is where she was attacked at first.

The professor with the sexual harassment past is high on my list right now. IF it was him the family should sue the socks off of Yale. They could've prevented this had they let him go. It's sad that the money he has generated is more important than the safety of their employees and students.

A bloody lab coat stuffed in the ceiling? When I used to work in the lab our coats had our names embroidered on them. Sounds like it was a co student researcher to me. I bet this person will be arrested by this evening.

According to FoxNews-- CT Police are saying they do NOT have a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver