CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE are interested in an "animal lab technician". He certainly wouldn't be listed anywhere on any web page concerning the Anton Bennett lab. He's probably just an hourly employee. He's only known to his immediate supervisor & the accounting dept. BTW, where was his supervisor?

I don't care what they've written in a press release. No one is so special that their animal use will escape the oversight of the Animal Care Department.
Animal use is very, very regulated. There are Federal and State laws and regulations that must be followed. Animal Care Departments are set up to do this. There are research protocols that must be followed, every single lab must have an approved protocol if they are using animals. Violate your protocol badly and your research can be halted. If there are enough violations at an institution all animal research can be halted until the violations are corrected. The USDA, the NIH, and the IACUC are not impressed that your press release says you are the best in the world, even if it is true!

If you go back and look at the Animal Care Dept's info page you will find Amistad listed under one of their supervisors.

Bold by me...I already did that. That's when I found somebody that works under him. Only by a fluke and not even sure I can prove it...dare I say yet:)

I love you for all of your answers! Thank you so much. Know what I think? I think Yale blows smoke so real people get a false sense of security and entitlement...that's what the heck I think. No, I'm not trying to run them in the ground but everything they've supplied in online interviews and newspaper clippings says opposite what you're informing. You work in this type of field, so you would know. This is the crap that burns me up b/c people pay so much flipping money to attend their university! They shouldn't lie then...the admins at Yale, that is!

IMO, the stalker personality will often see simple courtesy as something much more. I recall a woman who was kidnapped by a man she worked with. He was a bit odd and most folks shunned him, but this woman was very kind hearted and would smile and say hello to him. He perceived her kindness as mutual interest. Luckily, he did not kill her but still what a terrible ordeal she endured.

I'm not a psychologist so this is pure speculation. But I think Annie, who has been described as vivacious and outgoing, probably picked up a stalker who completely distorted their casual relationship into something more. That's why he turned violent as her wedding day approached. So very tragic. I bet he thought she'd be an easy mark because she was so petite. I'm so glad she put up a good fight and left evidence of her valiant struggle behind so LE could catch her killer.

I'm basing this off of my local state college. They have several lab techs on their payroll, but they are also students. Do you think it could depend on the college or university and their level of higher education?

Oh sure- many lab techs might be taking classes and so are technically a student, but their job title in the lab would still be technician. A "student" in a research lab would refer to a graduate student, like Annie.

There might be similarities in some of their work, but a technician generally is an employee of the lab- it's a job in and of itself. Many people are career technicians- they do not want to go on for a doctorate. Some technicians quit, go back to school and go to a new lab as a graduate student. Graduate students are working in the lab as part of the work towards their advanced degree.

Now whether LE or the media are aware of this difference is a whole 'nother story. Every place is a lab, every lab member a technician.......

LabRat, slightly o/t...you have to still be teaching somewhat to have this much patience with me! :blowkiss:

IMO, the stalker personality will often see simple courtesy as something much more. I recall a woman who was kidnapped by a man she worked with. He was a bit odd and most folks shunned him, but this woman was very kind hearted and would smile and say hello to him. He perceived her kindness as mutual interest. Luckily, he did not kill her but still what a terrible ordeal she endured.

I'm not a psychologist so this is pure speculation. But I think Annie, who has been described as vivacious and outgoing, probably picked up a stalker who completely distorted their casual relationship into something more. That's why he turned violent as her wedding day approached. So very tragic. I bet he thought she'd be an easy mark because she was so petite. I'm so glad she put up a good fight and left evidence of her valiant struggle behind so LE could catch her killer.

Oh yeah- my stalker latched on to me because he said hello as he passed me on the street and I said hello back. I was raised to be polite! Unfortunately that's all it took.

LE are interested in an "animal lab technician". He certainly wouldn't be listed anywhere on any web page concerning the Anton Bennett lab. He's probably just an hourly employee. He's only known to his immediate supervisor & the accounting dept. BTW, where was his supervisor?

Actually - such a web page exists (has not been posted here). And after putting in the various technicians - two males have birthdates in 1985 and one has a record with one incident where they were speeding (over 70mph).

Seems like this reporter knows the name of the suspect and apparently he has no criminal record. If it is right he must be about 24 or 25 years old...

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/city_yale_learn.php

(The suspect retained a lawyer. He’s no longer working at Yale. The state’s judicial website shows only one previous case involving the suspect, who was born in 1985; he was nabbed for “traveling unreasonably fast.”)

I was wondering if the person would still be working at Yale or not ... by his own volition or being terminated due to suspicion around the case.

I often wonder how anyone who is under suspicion for murder -- guilty or not -- can walk around and feel safe and not feel paranoid.

Actually - such a web page exists (has not been posted here). And after putting in the various technicians - two males have birthdates in 1985 and one has a record with one incident where they were speeding (over 70mph).

Link?

At a meeting or in his office doing paperwork. The supervisors just do not have the time to follow the techs around to see what they are doing- they will if a problem is reported to them, but not on an every day basis. They have a lot more responsibilities than just physically overseeing the techs.

Well then this should help us figure out who it is - all we have to do is take the different lab tech names and put them in the state's judicial website to see which has that info.

Not necessarily. Animal care techs would be very unlikely to be listed anywhere.

Just posts the links. People will have to do their own sleuthing... Don't use any names spelled out - initials only.

I don't mean to interrupt any conversations but I can't stand the thought that anyone thinks this is a spontaneous murder!!!! Pat Brown, criminal profiler, along with so many others, present and think of this murder as spontaneous, not pre-meditated...sort of like, seize the moment. The stuffed clothes in the ceiling along with Annie stuffed in the wall, sounds hasty, like an out of control moment. Spontaneous? I'm not so sure.

There is no doubt this was a crime of passion. Annie wasn't a random choice, he knew her. Let's take a...what if this happens:

Bruise a psychopath's ego, the result, more likely than not, is rage. If your intellect nicks his feelings of inferiority, you will be seized as an object for power and control. Become the subject of a psychopath's sexual desire, you will be the center of ruminating fantasies and the sexual object he wants to conquer.

Rage, need for power and control and ruminating fantasies culminating in murder. How is this NOT pre-meditation? Are people thinking a psychopath doesn't feel before the murder? Or do people think a psychopath isn't 'aware' of such feelings and therefore exonerates him from the responsibility of pre-meditation? Or, do people see a different definition of pre-meditation? Sorry, this 'spontaneous' stuff just gets to me. Why are so many saying 'not premeditated'...why are so many saying 'spontaneous'? I don't get it? TIA

Please don't. If it's the page from the animal care department, that is not a full list and those people are not animal care techs.

It's not that list. This lists a TON of people - including the techs (names which are not on the site that has been posted). Is it Ok to post google words that could bring you to the page then?

I was wondering if the person would still be working at Yale or not ... by his own volition or being terminated due to suspicion around the case.

I often wonder how anyone who is under suspicion for murder -- guilty or not -- can walk around and feel safe and not feel paranoid.

I've often wondered that too. I just make a mistake in something and I get so wound up I have to tell someone immediately. If I accidently killed someone in an accident I doubt I would ever get over it. I would also be compelled to call the police and turn myself in.

I really don't understand it- I think that's why I get drawn into crime stories.

I don't mean to interrupt any conversations but I can't stand the thought that anyone thinks this is a spontaneous murder!!!! Pat Brown, criminal profiler, along with so many others, present and think of this murder as spontaneous, not pre-meditated...sort of like, seize the moment. The stuffed clothes in the ceiling along with Annie stuffed in the wall, sounds hasty, like an out of control moment. Spontaneous? I'm not so sure.

There is no doubt this was a crime of passion. Annie wasn't a random choice, he knew her. Let's take a...what if this happens:

Bruise a psychopath's ego, the result, more likely than not, is rage. If your intellect nicks his feelings of inferiority, you will be seized as an object for power and control. Become the subject of a psychopath's sexual desire, you will be the center of ruminating fantasies and the sexual object he wants to conquer.

Rage, need for power and control and ruminating fantasies culminating in murder. How is this NOT pre-meditation? Are people thinking a psychopath doesn't feel before the murder? Or do people think a psychopath isn't 'aware' of such feelings and therefore exonerates him from the responsibility of pre-meditation? Or, do people see a different definition of pre-meditation? Sorry, this 'spontaneous' stuff just gets to me. Why are so many saying 'not premeditated'...why are so many saying 'spontaneous'? I don't get it? TIA

eyesforcrime, so dead on in what I think also. Plus, I happen to know you can form a basis for premeditaion in less than 3 seconds...so it doesn't matter if it was spontaneous or not. The simple fact that a person that hasn't officially been identified as an official poi has scratches on his chest (that look like defensive wounds & are suspicious) tells me premeditation can be formed by the prosecutor. That means, if this person is the actual perp, that Annie was alive when the perp was scratched, therefore the idiot had to know he had to subdue her - therefore forming basis for premeditation. The law in this aspect I am very knowledgable in...no matter what they're saying on tv.

A criminal profiler is someone that learns all about certain types of crimes. Sometimes, just sometimes, they start out thinking they will be defense lawyers. Not saying this is the case here, but def something for everyone to think about.

Thank you! I am just hoping I am not taking on too much of a "know it all" tone.

Labrat, NO way! We are all grateful for your contributions here.:clap:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing as JerseyGirl about you being a teacher. (former teacher here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitto120