CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow- you know that may be a common name- that page is not even from Yale. We really should be more careful with things like this, you know?

The LZ person who has been said to have known Annie in the past went to school with her at UofR. So that "may" be the guy everyone was talking about. Not saying it is but it "may" be.

ETA: However I see that LZ that is on that page is a MD ... I doubt he would be a lab tech.

Oh wow- you know that may be a common name- that page is not even from Yale. We really should be more careful with things like this, you know?

This guys is also an MD. Would an MD have the title research technician?

That is why I deleted it- after I contemplated. According to the *advertiser censored* theory the Z iinitialed person had attended Rochester with Annie. At any rate it is a mute point...

I saw the same *advertiser censored* theory posted on 2 other forums this morning, including a photo of Z and Annie together.

Good morning LabRat. Ok, I believe I have it down now. Annie's roommate, at least I think it was her roommate, specifically said she went to Amistad to do some experiments. She specifically said that's where she spent most of her time. That's why I'm so focussed on Amistad and the area she was in. I'm getting that her mice were probably kept at Amistad, not at a different facility. That's what's confusing. She spent sooo much time at Amistad, and the area/space she did her experiments was in the basement. I know Annie'soffice is in Sterling, but she did most of her work at Amistad. Since I've found that this facility houses 3 main research programs, I've found that access is limited. Annie may not have been an official part of the Vascular Biology and Therapeutics program, but she would have been working in that area since each program is designated an area. That program is house in 2 floors. Even though these 3 programs have their designated areas, they still interact, but not everyone in that building has access to each others rooms or floors. They have to have clearance. That's why I mentioned the program itself, b/c wouldn't that narrow it down as to who would have access vs who wouldn't? Or am I offbase? Again, my pondering mind is in your debt!

Slightly off topic, but I do wonder if there were finger scans or eye scans before entering certain rooms. If not, I certainly question why considering the funding that's gone into this facility. There is great interest in finding a cure for Cancer. With these programs interacting with one another, Yale hopes to expedite vaccines & cures for major diseases. With the technology houses there, and the data supplied, shouldn't it be more contained than just card swipes? For crying out loud, we have premium annual passes to Disney World and my whole family has to swipe their palm in order to enter the park - all of their parks!

She spent most of her time in Amistad because that's where her mice were kept. Whatever was going on upstairs in that building had nothing to do with her. If they had extra security, she would not have had access. Your ID card does not give you access to everything- they're programmed. You only get access to exactly the areas you need to be. She had access to the basement Amistad animal facility because that's where her mouse room was. I would bet she would not have been able to get into the other animal facilities. Since what happened to her happened in the basement, that's the only access that matters. Anyone who had animals in the basement would have access, no matter which building their lab was in.

All major universities have research programs like that, at that same level.

I've worked at several universities and the swipe cards have been the most common- although one installed palm readers because "borrowing" of cards had become a big problem. I have yet to see an eye scan.

Lab Tech Suspected in Annie Le Murder
Candlelight Vigil for Slain Yale Grad Student Annie Le
Sept. 15, 2009
<snipped>
A lab technician is emerging as a suspect in the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le, sources told ABC News.

The technician, who has not been identified but reportedly worked in the same building with Le, reportedly has what appear to be defensive wounds on his chest, suggesting a violent struggle. Sources said the man failed a polygraph test.

Police denied that they have a suspect in the case but did say that no other students are involved and no one else is in danger.

The building where the body was found is known for good security and not allowing people inside who don't have the proper Yale employee or student identification.

WATCH: Prime Suspect in Yale Murder
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8577732

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-prime-suspect-defensive-wounds/story?id=8577442
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sources: Police close in on Yale student&#8217;s killer
&#8216;We&#8217;re not believing it&#8217;s a random act,&#8217; police say as tests confirm homicide
updated 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
<snipped>
The discovery of a Yale University graduate student whose body was stuffed in the wall of a medical research building brought a painful end to the search for a woman who vanished days before she was to wed her college sweetheart.

Now, investigators appear to be closer to determining who killed 24-year-old Annie Le in a heavily secured building accessible only to students and university employees.

New Haven police officer Joe Avery, the department's spokesman, said police believe no other student is involved in the death, but would not respond to questions about the alleged involvement of others.

"We're not believing it's a random act, that's all I'm giving you right now," said Avery.

Law enforcement sources told WNBC-TV their main suspect is a lab technician who works at the building. He was interviewed by police earlier in the week and failed a polygraph test. He also had scratches on his chest that made cops suspicious when they first spoke to him, according to WNBC.

Sources told the station that an arrest is expected to happen as early as Tuesday.

View related photos
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32854837/displaymode/1176/rstry/32854576/

Today Show video: Police eye suspect in Yale student&#8217;s murder 5:49
Sept. 15: Law enforcement sources say they have a suspect in the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le. NBC's Jeff Rossen reports and criminal profiler Pat Brown discusses the latest developments.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/32855008#32855008

Today Show video: 1998 Yale murder still unsolved 2:40
Sept. 15: As police continue to investigate the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le, TODAY's Natalie Morales takes a look back at another brutal murder that shocked the Yale community in 1998.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/32855380#32855380

Article:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32854576/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lab technician eyed as suspect in murder of Yale student Annie Le
Updated Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 7:12 AM
<snipped>
Cops are zeroing in on a Yale lab tech - who flunked a lie detector test and has scratch marks on his chest - in the murder of grad student Annie Le, sources said Monday.

The employee works in the building where Le's body was found Sunday stuffed in a wall - the same day she was to be wed.

The man has not been arrested, but is under surveillance, the sources said.

The technician has been questioned several times. The scratches on his chest indicate he was in a struggle, they said.

A New Haven police source said the bloody clothing found in Le's lab on Saturday "does belong to the likely killer."

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...d_student_annie_le_not_random_say_police.html

:angel:

Welcome, postdoc and thanks for the great first post.

So I am correct in gathering the perp will be in custody by 3:00 today? I really wish less news sources would make this about violence to women until after there is closure. I think many on the big 3 news channels are taking away the focus on Annie Le herself and making it about violence on women in general. While I think it's great they are focusing on this, can they make it about this brilliant young lady only at least until they arrest their suspect?

it seems like she left this world doing what she loved to do. That can't be said for many, if not most people. RIP, Annie.

I am not quite sure what you mean by this. If she died peaceably by her lab table, I would agree to this. But Annie Le left this world deathly wounded and fighting a murderous psycho for who knows how many of her last conscious minutes. When you say it the way you did, you make it sound like she loved being murdered.

That's chilling.I'm so glad you are okay.
There was a serial rapist here many years ago.They had a profile and artist rendering,but it took many rapes before a tip came that led to him.He was in a car chase and wrecked .He now has seious brain injuries.
He was a family man,well liked by neighbors,and very helpful in the neighborhood.His wife was clueless.
When I was a volunteer with People Against Rape they told us the Holidays were usually the slowest shifts because most rapists were family men .

BBM. Wow, I had no idea.

Toi, I am so sorry for what you had to go through. But what great insight you shared.

This is what I love about WS. You learn something new everyday.

I saw the same *advertiser censored* theory posted on 2 other forums this morning, including a photo of Z and Annie together.

Yes, I saw it also. They've ignored the herd of horses in front of them and have brought in a zebra.

Good morning LabRat. Ok, I believe I have it down now. Annie's roommate, at least I think it was her roommate, specifically said she went to Amistad to do some experiments. She specifically said that's where she spent most of her time. That's why I'm so focussed on Amistad and the area she was in. I'm getting that her mice were probably kept at Amistad, not at a different facility. That's what's confusing. She spent sooo much time at Amistad, and the area/space she did her experiments was in the basement. I know Annie's office is in Sterling, but she did most of her work at Amistad. Since I've found that this facility houses 3 main research programs, I've found that access is limited. Annie may not have been an official part of the Vascular Biology and Therapeutics program, but she would have been working in that area since each program is designated an area. That program is housed in 2 floors. Even though these 3 programs have their designated areas, they still interact, but not everyone in that building has access to each others rooms or floors. They have to have clearance. That's why I mentioned the program itself, b/c wouldn't that narrow it down as to who would have access vs who wouldn't? Or am I offbase? Again, my pondering mind is in your debt!

Slightly off topic, but I do wonder if there were finger scans or eye scans before entering certain rooms. If not, I certainly question why considering the funding that's gone into this facility. There is great interest in finding a cure for Cancer. With these programs interacting with one another, Yale hopes to expedite vaccines & cures for major diseases. Alot of scientists believe that if a cure for AIDS is found, then a cure for Cancer is found, and the like. Some scientists believe that AIDS is hyped b/c of lower immune systems and that's why it's more prevalent in other 3rd world countries. I'm not sure where I stand on that b/c it's such a hugely exploded disease now. With the technology housed there, and the data supplied, shouldn't it be more contained than just card swipes? For crying out loud, we have premium annual passes to Disney World and my whole family has to swipe their palm in order to enter the park - all of their parks!

I believe that Annie was doing basic research, not clinical research. Basic research means that she was attempting to understand how the body functions...It is unlikely, though not impossible that basic research would lead directly to a cure for anything. I really doubt she was killed because of her research.............

Newcomer here -

Labrat, postdoc and others have done a great job at educating everyone about the system in place in many university research/lab animal facilities - thank you.

I have worked in similar facilities for nearly a decade as grad student, postdoc and research scientist. Ours is a quite large, modern, new vivarium in the basement of a research tower. Just imagining the unimaginable - it is hard for me to believe that someone could do this in our facility during "business hours" without detection. As postdoc described, ours is arranged in suites, each containing 5-6 individual animal housing rooms and 1 or 2 procedure room. In our facility, each suite is shared by mutliple investigators and there are research personnel (i.e. grad students, postdocs, lab techs) and lab animal techs (i.e. those that work exclusively in the vivarium) going in and out all the time. All of these doors (to the suite, to the animal rooms and to the procedure rooms) have windows. The image one may get from the term "basement" is one of a dark and isolated environment, but these are modern, well-lit, fully staffed facilities.

Certainly, these facilities can be maze-like, and an investigator can have exclusive access/use to an animal room (i.e. unshared with other investigators). But, using our facility as a context, such an act would have to be meticulously planned, or completely spontaneous, if it occurred between 8am - 4pm. Such a bold, horrendous, senseless act.

Home video of Annie Le
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfuAYV63mWg"]YouTube - Home video of Annie Le[/ame]

Lab worker focus of investigation
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnjiu865Cos"]YouTube - Lab worker focus of investigation[/ame]

Statement by Richard Levin
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rkAputHjK8"]YouTube - Statement by Richard Levin[/ame]

Positive ID made in Yale killing
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm8A2T9xk9Q"]YouTube - Positive ID made in Yale killing[/ame]

Candlelight vigil for Annie Le
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AglUw8gYb3U"]YouTube - Candlelight vigil for Annie Le[/ame]

:angel:

That's chilling.I'm so glad you are okay.
There was a serial rapist here many years ago.They had a profile and artist rendering,but it took many rapes before a tip came that led to him.He was in a car chase and wrecked .He now has seious brain injuries.
He was a family man,well liked by neighbors,and very helpful in the neighborhood.His wife was clueless.
When I was a volunteer with People Against Rape they told us the Holidays were usually the slowest shifts because most rapists were family men .

Sounds so right on with them being at home with their families. I cant imagine being the BTK's wife. He was involved in so much in his community including a deacon at his church.

I saw a pic of LZ with a woman (if it's the same pic you saw) and they are sitting at a bar. If that's what you are talking about, that is not Annie. If you have another pic in mind can you please share?

Oooops my bad..I believe you are correct..sorry

Unfortunately I've been schooled on this subject for way to long. I slept next to my ex for 8 years and no clue! He went to the Dr b/c he felt depressed and never came home from the Dr visit. So 5 hours later when I started looking for him I found that he had been committed w/o me knowing. The Dr told him that if he didn't go w/o calling me or anyone else he would have the FBI at my house within the hour to pick him up! I honestly never had a clue. He was stalking a woman and was going to kill her. I wont elaborate on the details of what he was going to do to this woman. It makes me sick still. The perp might not have PS it was just a thought of mine. With the 15 yrs I shared with my ex I guess I look for it in killers. I kept telling the Dr you don't know him I do tho. The Dr told me "Lady you have no idea who you sleep next to every night."

OMG - what a horrible story!!! How did you get through it all? Did the stalkee know she was in danger? Were there any clues when you looked back at your life with him that he was capable of this? And how did you learn to trust again? What signs should someone look for to see if their significant other is capable of such murderous acts?

I apologize for all the questions. I have never heard a tale like yours before and it seems so tied to what happened to poor Annie Le.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay