CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #7 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say this, but to me, looking at her eyes, the girlfriend looks not too tightly wrapped either. I think she very well could have helped him or is covering for him somehow.

I agree with Columbo and Shutterfly... adding to it, said girlfriend worked in the same building (I believe that has been proven?), and also her myspace remarks - the attitude she portrays is not very....receptive to other women.

Gosh, I wish we knew for sure if Annie really did get the phone call that allegedly brought her to the building. Maybe it was the GF who called and/or opened the door...then they had a confrontation ("are you sleeping with my BF?"), then girlfriend confronted both RC and Annie, and the situation escalated quickly, resulting in both of them (RC and g/f) harming Annie...

This is, of course, only my opinion...

I think it shows he had already singled her out for whatever reason. Maybe she had already rebuffed his unwanted advances and this way his way of asserting control over her.

Originally Posted by STEADFAST:
". . . In the e-mails, Clark is said to criticize Le for not adhering to the protocols for tending the mice kept in the basement as part of her lab's ongoing experiments.
Le is said to have responded in a conciliatory tone, promising to keep to the protocols. Investigators wonder if Clark was not satisfied, if resentment suddenly flared to rage, if as crazy as it may seem this was a case of mice and murder. . .

. . . the swipe card records from the day Le disappeared show Clark moving from room to room with no apparent logic, at points going to places unrelated to his job . . .

Clark left the building at the time of a fire alarm. Surveillance camera footage is said to show him looking considerably more distraught than could be explained by a simple evacuation. "
BBM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz0RG53veT5

Where is our Angel Who Cares this morning? Hope she is feeling okay!

This is from the Journal: Forensic Science International: Genetics (2009)

UV irradiation and autoclave treatment for elimination of contaminating DNA from laboratory consumables
Lisa A. Gefrides, a, , Mark C. Powella, Michael A. Donleya and Roger Kahna

aHarris County Medical Examiner's Office, Forensic Biology Laboratory, 1885 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054, United States

Abstract

Laboratories employ various approaches to ensure that their consumables are free of DNA contamination. They may purchase pre-treated consumables, perform quality control checks prior to casework, and use in-house profile databases for contamination detection. It is better to prevent contamination prior to DNA typing than identify it after samples are processed. To this end, laboratories may UV irradiate or autoclave consumables prior to use but treatment procedures are typically based on killing microorganisms and not on the elimination of DNA. We report a systematic study of UV and autoclave treatments on the persistence of DNA from saliva. This study was undertaken to determine the best decontamination strategy for the removal of DNA from laboratory consumables. We have identified autoclave and UV irradiation procedures that can eliminate nanogram quantities of contaminating DNA contained within cellular material. Autoclaving is more effective than UV irradiation because it can eliminate short fragments of contaminating DNA more effectively. Lengthy autoclave or UV irradiation treatments are required. Depending on bulb power, a UV crosslinker may take a minimum of 2 h to achieve an effective dose for elimination of nanogram quantities of contaminating DNA (>7250 mJ/cm2). Similarly autoclaving may also take 2 h to eliminate similar quantities of contaminating DNA. For this study, we used dried saliva stains to determine the effective dose. Dried saliva stains were chosen because purified DNA as well as fresh saliva are less difficult to eradicate than dried stains and also because consumable contamination is more likely to be in the form of a collection of dry cells.

At the risk of sounding stupid, and prefering to look stupid rather than ignorant....could someone please translate this for me?!?! No, I'm not kidding, I'm sorry. :blushing:

I agree with Columbo and Shutterfly... adding to it, said girlfriend worked in the same building (I believe that has been proven?), and also her myspace remarks - the attitude she portrays is not very....receptive to other women.

Gosh, I wish we knew for sure if Annie really did get the phone call that allegedly brought her to the building. Maybe it was the GF who called and/or opened the door...then they had a confrontation ("are you sleeping with my BF?"), then girlfriend confronted both RC and Annie, and the situation escalated quickly, resulting in both of them (RC and g/f) harming Annie...

This is, of course, only my opinion...

I agree - that would be really important information. Seems Annie went there with the intent of staying a short time. I don't think the info about 'why' she was going there has been released, or has it? .

break out the conversation into threads guys. we have a forum now and this thread will close down. thanks :)

Hello all,
As a grad student, postdoc and research scientist in biomedical research I have come to know and interact with many lab techs and lab animal techs. Most are extremely competent, helpful and knowledgeable people. However, I have come across a rare few that can be difficult at times to deal with.

Like many lab techs, these "difficult" few are typically very good at what they do, know that they make valuable contributions to the lab in which they work, and know that they are valued by the Principle Investigator (PI) (i.e faculty member who runs the lab). I think they get something of a chip on their shoulder when they see these young grad students come through their lab who are typically clueless at the start and are far less competent than the techs. In fact, many of these techs train students in experimental techniques - in fact, they can be a very important part of a graduate student's technical training/education. And yet, the students have priority with respect to the PI's and the department's time and attention, are lauded for good work, and get opportunities for authorship...indeed, the academic environment is very grad student-centric. In short, in my experience, these few "difficult" techs see some grad students as the privileged and coddled; they get their papers, their degrees, their accolades, and then move on to other opportunities.

I should say that this description, in my experience, has applied to lab techs - not to the lab animal techs that I have interacted with.

At the risk of sounding stupid, and prefering to look stupid rather than ignorant....could someone please translate this for me?!?! No, I'm not kidding, I'm sorry. :blushing:

This is an abstract of research attempting to show which method, UV or autoclaving, is more effective in removing DNA...something like that. I think Jersey Girl had some questions regarding DNA and this article was put up to help her to an answer. I think!

You're right, the young girl chose not to pursue the rape charge, if she had, he might have been sitting with that charge in his pocket. I use information such as this to develop a psychological profile of the person. It's really interesting how patterns of behavior can predict the future of a person, or validate it.

Oh, I agree and I didn't say it wasn't true, just that we should be careful because without any charges or paperwork, its just an allegation.

Definitely does shed some light on him though, if true.

This is an abstract of research attempting to show which method, UV or autoclaving, is more effective in removing DNA...something like that. I think Jersey Girl had some questions regarding DNA and this article was put up to help her to an answer. I think!

THANK YOU eyes4!!!! I'm okay now, really.:dance:

ooh thank you.
No clue. I am not a mod in here,. I just have a few minutes and thought we should break this out. you are in the forum now :)

I am grinnin' ....my user name should be "fluff head"! "you are in the forum now"........WHAT, did you wave your magic wand?? I Have NO earthly idea how you did that......I shouldn't even be on here with all you amazing folks.....(but I keep tagging along and am so appreciative of things I can be made aware of every day)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._brutal_tale_be_about_mice.html#ixzz0RG53veT5

Clark left the building at the time of a fire alarm. Surveillance camera footage is said to show him looking considerably more distraught than could be explained by a simple evacuation.

Assuming the above statement is true wouldn't it mean the following:

1) He did not use the fire alarm time period to move the body- may have already hidden it in a primary location then moved it when returning to the lab after the alarm
2) He had already hidden the clothes before the alarm sounded
3) He had already changed clothes by 12:40pm
4) He was not using the autoclave at that time period since he was outside

Thoughts?

well if you all want to just stay and post on one thread I can always close this forum and leave it with one thread.:)

Break out the convo please oh please

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=374"]Annie Le - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Cause of death “traumatic asphyxia due to neck compression”

I read that time of death was 10:40 p.m. That had to be a typo--surely they meant a.m. ?? Has anyone seen this clarified? TIA

So someone choked her to death. Interesting in light of that image on the GF's page that mentioned choking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes