Found Deceased CT - Anton Sovetov, 44, Yale Univ employee, New Haven, 4 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Yale and New Haven police are searching for a missing university employee.

Anton Sovetov, 44, of New Haven, is a graphic designer who works in the Yale Office of Public Affairs and Communications (OPAC).

In a message to the Yale community Thursday, Yale’s Director of Public Safety and Chief of Police Ronnell Higgins said Sovetov was last heard from by Yale colleagues on Friday, Feb. 4.

From the following week on, Higgins said members of both police departments have worked with counterparts in other agencies to generate and pursue leads in the case.

He was last seen in the downtown New Haven area, according to Yale police. He is described as a white man who is approximately 6’2″ and 200 pounds, with brown hair, blue eyes, a mustache and beard.

“Mr. Sovetov is a beloved member of Yale’s staff. News of him being missing is hard not only on his OPAC colleagues, but also on other members of the Yale community,” Higgins wrote. “Yale encourages those most acutely affected to make use of the support services available to the university community.”

Both the Yale and New Haven Police Departments are seeking any information that might be helpful in locating him. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Yale Police at (203) 432-4400 or the New Haven Police Department at (203) 946-6316.

Anton-Sovetov-2.17.22-1.jpg

https://view.message.yale.edu/?qs=9...df2287eab045f12996657b415390e98faa6b6094b7283

Yale, New Haven police search for missing university employee

Anton FB (last post October 2021)

"Visual Context is a presentation of selected commercial and self-initiated projects I did in the recent years. Originally from St. Petersburg, Russia, now living and working in United States, I obtained my Bachelor degree in Graphic Design from KABK (The Royal Academy of Art in The Hague, The Netherlands) and my MFA degree from the Graphic Design department at Yale University School of Art, New Haven, Connecticut".

antonsovetov.com

In the video the Assistant Chief of Police at Yale, Antony Campbell, mentions that Mr. Sovetov has a tendency to go hiking and LE has been checking the Ridge Rock area. I took this to mean the West Rock Ridge State Park on the Northwest edge of New Haven. As apparent from its name it is a high ridge with scenic views of the Yale/New Haven area.

upload_2022-2-19_23-7-7.jpeg

upload_2022-2-19_23-7-26.jpeg

Of course there are other relatively flat, wooded areas with hiking trails as well. I would surmise that at this time of year the park is snow covered, making hiking a bit more challenging and even dangerous. There also at least two lakes in the area.

As @LoveyG mentioned above, it would be nice to know if he has a vehicle and whether it is missing as well. If so I'm sure LE is searching for it at all the park access areas. I hope he will be found safe. Two weeks is a long time if you are injured and out in the elements. MOO

City provides update on police chief search and crime

Update, but nothing new.

Update on Anton Sovetov

Yale Police Department Assistant Chief Anthony Campbell urged anyone who may have any information about the missing Yale employee Anton Sovetov to reach out. Campbell said that YPD has reviewed videos, conducted interviews with Sovetov’s friends and colleagues and checked hospitals and the East Rock area, as Sovetov likes hiking.

Anyone with information on Anton Sovetov’s whereabouts may contact the Yale Police Department at 203-432-4400 or the New Haven Police Department at 203-946-6316. Anonymous text tips can also be sent through the LiveSafe app.

This clarifies what I heard on the video. The area they were searching is the East Rock area. The terrain is very similar to the West Rock Ridge State Park mentioned above.

Google Maps

upload_2022-2-21_19-46-50.jpeg

I live one town over from New Haven. I've hiked East Rock. There's potential places to get hurt but I'd imagine those trails have been searched. There's also a popular place to hike Sleeping Giant state park which is really nice and has some difficult trails. Does anyone know anything about his personal life? Married? Kids? Etc? I noticed he's from Russia on his FB page.

A person is reporting a different time he was last seen. On the 5th around 5:45pm. I know the area. My office was down there before covid. I walked that area for lunches and even meeting friends in the evenings. Now let me tell you after Covid the city was way less active and alot more people wandering the streets. The city of New Haven has a big drug problem in that area. Lots of homeless and users using drugs on the New Haven green. Ive witnessed it myself. A man drugged out of his mind standing up slouched over drugged out of his mind. I stopped going to the area after we started working from home. I used to get my eyebrows threaded right around the corner from the market he went too. I'd never go alone even in the day anymore. It's not the same. Someone could have followed him home. Who knows. Why Yale waited so long to report him is beyond me.

It appears he's still missing and I just don't see anything anywhere really where friends or family are looking for him.

I agree, and when that happens I always wonder if they have some inside information that isn't being shared, or just no good info/dead ends?

OnScene Media has a video of a reporter taking Anton's probable route walking home after he left the market to his apartment building which also shows all the cameras he would have passed:

Also Yale has posted another request for info:

I agree, and when that happens I always wonder if they have some inside information that isn't being shared, or just no good info/dead ends?

OnScene Media has a video of a reporter taking Anton's probable route walking home after he left the market to his apartment building which also shows all the cameras he would have passed:

Also Yale has posted another request for info:

I actually watched that. I know the area as I used to work right around the corner. It's very close to the city hall in New Haven too. The area green which is like a park area in the city and is known for drug users to hang around the area a lot, but I don't get the feeling like someone jumped him. If you look it up there was a huge overdose scandal that went on there in the green area, over 100 ODs in 2 days. I remember all the ambulances and sirens going up and down the road all day. He's a pretty big guy and I'm sure there are a lot of more easy targets around there. It's weird that no one saw anything. There has to be cameras on buildings around there.

I have a weird gut feeling that he may have harmed himself- don't know why. If no family and/or friends are looking for him or reaching out to him via media, he may be very lonely. Total speculation, and JMO. I hope I'm wrong...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back