GUILTY CT - Benjamin Seitz, 15 mos, dies in hot car, Ridgefield, 7 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
reading Morag's link is heartbreaking. My heart goes out to Benjamin. Nothing from that day makes any sense according to the affidavit.

After reading the PDF attached to this story, I came away with some odd thoughts. Kyle didn't remember his son, but he sure did remember his coffee and his lunch. His parents-in-law declined to talk to police, as did the baby's mother, although she did come for an interview 2 months later. And I found it notable that he saw his wife and daughters at his office, but no one mentioned the baby, his wife saw his car at the coffee shop and unfortunately didn't catch a glimpse of the baby inside (she returned later for coffee after dropping the girls off). Also, when she had to go down to the police station, why didn't she call her parents to care for the girls?

I hate this story because it's so tragic, and nothing adds up.

http://www.courant.com/community/ri...ng-sons-hot-car-death-20141113-htmlstory.html

All four windows of the car were rolled down.
Agree with all of your thoughts. Thanks for posting the full affidavit.

Did I miss it, but did they mention location of his day care bag/lunch that Mom packed? Is that the thing next to car seat in second pic? I guess they would have noted if it was in the front seat.

I find it a bit strange in the affidavit how the wife spoke with the husband over the phone at about 15:30 hours and then texted him at 17:30 hours and then it seems she grew increasingly concerned about his lack of response and began calling his friends and riding around the town to see if she could find his car... apparently BEFORE her father called and she found out that Ben wasn't at daycare all day.

According to GPS info Kyle arrived at the daycare at 17:23 hours and if it was his routine I don't see any reason for her to freak out about a lack of response to a text at a time she'd know he'd usually be driving to the daycare and picking Ben up. He wasn't incommunicado for so long. I can see anyone freaking out and calling everybody they know after they find out that their son is missing from daycare. But why would such a short time without a response be cause for such great alarm unless you know something is wrong

There also seems to be a bit of discrepancy about whether Lindsey called the daycare or whether Lindsey got a call from the daycare.

Their stories do not make sense. He went to lunch with the toddler in the car, but he was "too busy" to eat with his wife and daughters when they dropped by? Why would you show up at your husband's work to go to lunch with him WITHOUT asking him if he had time first? The mom was home with the girls so why was the boy at daycare? Why did the mom freak out and start texting and calling people and driving around looking for his car when so short a time had passed?

My theory is the husband is an abusive controlling jerk and killed this precious boy to punish his wife. They probably had a huge fight the night before or that morning and he felt disrespecting and decided to show her exactly how much control he had of his property aka family. It's probably why she showed up at his work trying to make nice and diffuse the situation. Her blog reads as someone who had a very hard time dealing with reality and is adept at detaching from it. I don't think dissociation is new to her, it has probably been a survival tool for her for a very long time. Of course, there's always the possibility her and maybe her husband too, are just narcissist with Alexithymia who never should have had children. It's probably easy to forget your children in cars when they don't really mean anything to you other than an extension of your ego. Maybe this story is a tragic combination of a little, or a lot, of both of these possibilities. Whatever the case, it's fishy as all get out and I'm glad the father has been charged. There is something very wrong with his/their story and the time line. I think most hot car child deaths are intentional to one degree or another, but this one seems extra suspicious!

What an odd family. Her parents were visiting all the way from North Carolina, but not only could they not be troubled to watch Ben that day, they were not invited on the impromptu lunch trek to dad's work. Interestingly though, they did watch Ben the previous day while Kyle and Lindsey went on a picnic with just the girls. On that day (7/6/14) they arrived home from the picnic at 6:30 and immediately put Ben to bed before eating dinner. I know most toddlers go to bed early, but sheesh.

Also of interest is that Lindsey decided to take her daughters with her to the police station rather than leave them home with their grandparents when she suspected something horrible had happened. Only after police suggested she call someone to watch the girls did she call her parents to come get them. The grandparents then subsequently made arrangements for the girls to spend the night with neighbors during this horrific time! I understand maybe wanting ONE of them to accompany Lindsey to the hospital, but the other grandparent couldn't even be bothered to care for and comfort the girls??

What an odd family. Her parents were visiting all the way from North Carolina, but not only could they not be troubled to watch Ben that day, they were not invited on the impromptu lunch trek to dad's work. Interestingly though, they did watch Ben the previous day while Kyle and Lindsey went on a picnic with just the girls. On that day (7/6/14) they arrived home from the picnic at 6:30 and immediately put Ben to bed before eating dinner. I know most toddlers go to bed early, but sheesh.

Also of interest is that Lindsey decided to take her daughters with her to the police station rather than leave them home with their grandparents when she suspected something horrible had happened. Only after police suggested she call someone to watch the girls did she call her parents to come get them. The grandparents then subsequently made arrangements for the girls to spend the night with neighbors during this horrific time! I understand maybe wanting ONE of them to accompany Lindsey to the hospital, but the other grandparent couldn't even be bothered to care for and comfort the girls??

And the grandparents declined to talk to the police!

And the grandparents declined to talk to the police!
It seems like Ben was just a possession or a showpiece, and his death just a big inconvenience. It was difficult to read in her blog how much holidays meant to the family and then read in the warrant how they didn't even take Ben along on an outing to the park over July 4th weekend.

Everything about them, behavior before and after his death, says that they wished Ben had never been born! What other reason was he excluded by everyone so much.

This is disheartening and infuriating.

From OkieGranny's link:

(snip)

An Alford plea is when a defendant does not admit to a criminal act, but does admit that there is enough evidence that would likely result in a guilty finding if the case were to go to trial.

-----

I am disgusted that he could avoid jail time if the judge approves this. It just doesn't seem right. Entirely :moo:

:gaah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suspended sentence.....

tap on the wrist.....MOO

ITA!

Why not just kiss his.... hand (I'm picturing Pepé le Pew from Looney Toons romancing the black and white cat, FGS!)

Forgive me, newone. My snark is not directed at you. It's like they totally forgot about the victim! UGH!

:(

ITA!

Why not just kiss his.... hand (I'm picturing Pepé le Pew from Looney Toons romancing the black and white cat, FGS!)

Forgive me, newone. My snark is not directed at you. It's like they totally forgot about the victim! UGH!

:(

yep.....I am stunned, speechless and disgusted too....

They put him to bed at 6:30 pm and he slept til 7:30 am?? My kids never slept that long!

Ridgefield, Conn., Man To Be Sentenced In Death Of 15-Month-Old Son In Hot Car

The medical examiner ruled the case a homicide and Seitz was charged with criminally negligent homicide.

Seitz was deemed guilty after entering a plea under the Alford Doctrine, conceding the evidence against him would likely result in a conviction at trial.

Prosecutors have said it’s unlikely Seitz will serve any jail time.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/04...nced-in-death-of-15-month-old-son-in-hot-car/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back