GUILTY CT - Cynthia Cannon, 35, Wolcott, 6 May 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police charge Conn. man in wife's murder
May 10, 2010 5:55pm

On Friday 44-year-old Patrick Cannon of Wolcott, Connecticut showed up at the Wolcott Police Department to report his wife, 35-year-old Cynthia, missing.

snip

more than 50 police officers, volunteers, friends and family fanned out in a wooded area near her home to search for her. Â

Kathy Downing, Victim's Cousin: "Knowing I actually have to go looking for a body is heartbreaking, can't even describe it. Nobody should have to do this. Nobody."

snip

Chief Neil O'Leary, Wolcott CT PD:  "He's not saying anything. He cam in yesterday. We executed a search warrant on his person. He came in yesterday. He immediately invoked his right to an attorney. We did have a public defender here with him yesterday and we've had no conversation with him since."

Police seem to be investigating this as a case of extreme domestic violence.Â

Article with video: http://www.necn.com/05/10/10/Police...ng_newengland.html?blockID=232232&feedID=4206

Police seem to be investigating this as a case of extreme domestic violence.

Murder is about as extreme DV as there is.

I guess he is officially 44 years old. He looks like 10 years older.

I wonder what else will become public knowledge now?

Search continues for body of missing Wolcott woman
Husband arraigned Monday on murder charge

Cannon reported his wife missing Friday night. She had not been heard from or seen since Thursday evening; she made her last cell phone call Thursday at 8:40 p.m., according to court records.

snip

Investigators also found a set of tire tracks on the lawn leading up the rear porch, according to court documents.

snip

Their efforts came up with a significant piece of evidence Monday, as one of the searchers found Cynthia Cannon's wallet on North Main Street in Waterbury. Tossed in a wooded area about 25 feet from the road near the 2800 block, the wallet is part of a growing amount of evidence that points to a tragic end for the mother of two.

So far, authorities have recovered a bloody sleeping bag belonging to Cynthia Cannon from a wooded patch near Woodtick Road. They also found a blood-soaked length of nylon rope near the bag and an unidentified piece of bloody clothing.

http://www.rep-am.com/news/local/482384.txt

For such a careless criminal he did a better job of hiding her body then I expected. I was sure they would find her right away. Considering how out of shape he is and the fact that she wasn't a small woman you know he wasn't carrying her anywhere. He apparently drove his car on the lawn to put her in the car. He had to put her somewhere very close to where ever he parked the car.

Per the warrant, it looks like his mother was staying at the home since Friday night? Look that way to anybody else?

If so, she didn't notice the blood all over the house inside and out???

And why did LE not go to the house until Sunday?

Not that any of that would have saved Cynthia, but wth.

Per the warrant, it was the amount of blood plus Cynthia not being seen or heard from that was the basis of PC's murder charge.

Cynthia kept the sleeping bag stored in her car. I'm thinking he got the sleeping bag out of her car and used it to drag her body around as he moved her from the house to wherever he put her.

I sure hope they find there so she can be laid to rest with the dignity and respect she deserves.

How did the mother and kids not see all the blood?? I hope to God the children didn't see it. I just don't understand how nobody did.

For such a careless criminal he did a better job of hiding her body then I expected. I was sure they would find her right away. Considering how out of shape he is and the fact that she wasn't a small woman you know he wasn't carrying her anywhere. He apparently drove his car on the lawn to put her in the car. He had to put her somewhere very close to where ever he parked the car.

I actually spent a while in that area visiting a friend a few years back. I did a lot of driving around and getting out and walking and exploring. There are an untold number of places he could have put her, and she would be very well hidden. I'm thinking he put her in the reservoir though.

They need to bring in Tim Miller. He'll find her.

Members of the search crew gathered at the Wolcott Senior Center on Nichols Road Tuesday morning to be debriefed by the police chief.The chief said boats will be put out on every body of water in town and that the search will continue all day if need be."None of this is real to me," said Cynthia's friend, Kathy Murphy. "To me, she's still here."After an intensive search using cadaver dogs throughout the area surrounding the couple's Spindle Hill Road home, friends, relatives and neighbors gathered for the vigil at a nearby school. Those at the vigil said there are still many questions left unanswered.

O'Leary said the couple's home was in foreclosure and a domestic violence incident was reported about five years ago at the home. He said Cynthia was taken to Danbury Hospital as a result of that incident.
http://www.wfsb.com/news/23516520/detail.html

For such a careless criminal he did a better job of hiding her body then I expected.

My thoughts exactly after just reading that article. Everything is scattered all over the place...car, wallet, sleeping bag, rope, clothing.... WHERE is SHE??!!!

I was sure they would find her right away. Considering how out of shape he is and the fact that she wasn't a small woman you know he wasn't carrying her anywhere. He apparently drove his car on the lawn to put her in the car. He had to put her somewhere very close to where ever he parked the car.

Oh my goodness....as bloody as everything was.....what if she is no longer in one piece?!! Maybe the only way such an out of shape man could have maneuvered a woman of her size?

Per the warrant, it was the amount of blood plus Cynthia not being seen or heard from that was the basis of PC's murder charge.

Cynthia kept the sleeping bag stored in her car. I'm thinking he got the sleeping bag out of her car and used it to drag her body around as he moved her from the house to wherever he put her.

I sure hope they find there so she can be laid to rest with the dignity and respect she deserves.

How did the mother and kids not see all the blood?? I hope to God the children didn't see it. I just don't understand how nobody did.

BBM-I think they can declare it a homicide if the amount of blood found indicates that she could not have survived without the quantity found and if, like someone else mentioned, there was additional tissue such as brain matter etc... :(

Unbelieveable the number of these cases we see here. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Whatever happened to divorce?

:(
JMHO
fran

PS....blessings to the family and praying they find cynthia. fran

Per the warrant, it looks like his mother was staying at the home since Friday night? Look that way to anybody else?

If so, she didn't notice the blood all over the house inside and out??? ...

If his mother was in the Cannon home from Friday night through Sunday and nothing was said or done to LE regarding the extremely obvious blood evidence at the house, I'm quite taken aback.

We've frequently heard about parents who protect their grown children from punishment for the crimes they've committed. But this? To reside there for three days amid the horror and say nothing? Totally strange.

I can only hoping his mother used the time to calm Patrick down, get the children sent to other family members, and have him cooperatively meet (finally!) with LE on Sunday. Anything short of that is just too sad to even think about.

The only thing I can think of would be if he closed the door to that room and told everybody he had just painted it or sprayed it for bugs and not to go in there. Maybe even locked the door.

But that doesn't cover up all the other blood all the way out into the driveway.

"Don't go in that room because I just sprayed it for bugs, and don't go out the back door... or in the back yard... or in the driveway because... ummmm... well just don't because I said so"?

I always try to envision how the conversation happens. Something realistic. I can't come up with one for this.

Police find clues, but no body in Wolcott
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:13 AM EDT

Police say they have found new clues in the apparent murder of Cynthia Cannon, but still lack a key piece of evidence: a body.

State police water rescue crews, with the help several agencies, searched Scovill Reservoir Tuesday morning and fanned out across town in the afternoon.

Evidence gathered Tuesday supports the assertion that her husband, Patrick J. Cannon Sr., is the killer, police said.

"We found evidence today and yesterday that is independent of the home and vehicle, and I'm confident we're going in the right direction," said Wolcott's Acting Police Chief Neil O'Leary, who is overseeing the multijurisdictional investigation.

snip

On Tuesday afternoon, police were scouring areas on and around North Main Street, near the Waterbury city line. Police have confirmed that a bloody sleeping bag found Sunday on Woodtick Road is directly related to the case.

Previously, police had been relying on witness accounts to link the evidence. O'Leary declined to say exactly what type of evidence was found Tuesday, but said the investigation relies heavily on forensic science.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2010/05/12/news/local/482628.txt

More Evidence Found In Search For Missing Wolcott Woman
9:44 p.m. EDT, May 11, 2010

Several pieces of crucial evidence in the disappearance of Cynthia Cannon have been found, but police and volunteers continue searching for the body of the 35-year-old woman who was reported missing Friday, authorities said.

Cannon's wallet and other personal identification were found in a wooded area, said Police Chief Neil O'Leary

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-wolcott-search-cynthia-cannon,0,3042812.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asa_Lange
Back