CT - Dead baby found in bag in Bristol Reservoir, Harwinton, 21 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I must be missing something... why 'poor mom'?

She's receiving medical care too? So obviously either it was a rough birth or something happened. Either way I feel bad for her. Obviously it changes if she did it but I don't think she did (however I don't have the information obviously)

Thanks for the update, Rats. It's heart breaking, all the way around.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ton-infant-found-in-Bristol-Reservoir-3-21-17 Here is another thread in the unidentified section.

As you can see bythis article, the mom has come forward and it was a baby boy between 1 & 2 weeks. http://www.wfsb.com/story/34980845/...fter-2-week-old-babys-body-found-in-reservoir I actually feel really bad for the mom. It might not have been her fault... she is also receiving medical care.

It might not have been her fault? Like the baby died of an accident and someone else threw it in the reservoir?

It might not have been her fault? Like the baby died of an accident and someone else threw it in the reservoir?
Might have been the baby's father if he didn't want a kid. Might have been an accident. Might have been the mothers parents trying to cover up "shame". I guess we will find out (hopefully soon.)

omg! poor little :angel: i dont care if they were a teen, there is no reason to do this to a little one. they could have gave the child to the hospital or police or fire department but they killed the baby. :furious:
To be clear, I wasn't excusing it if it's a teen. Just saying it could make sense. And I'm not sure how many teens are aware of Safe Haven laws. It's still a despicable crime.

The Safe Haven Law is a great idea. However, there are a few problems that I have seen that have developed through the years of its existence.

It is advertised as a safe place to drop off a newborn baby without identifying yourself. This IS the advantage of the program, a new parent can safely and anonymously give their baby up.

Unfortunately, I have read where it is not this easy at many of the Safe Haven sites. Each state seems to have their own rules and some states do require a bit of information/identification. No links as this has been ongoing throughout the years.

IMO, this needs to be looked into. Safe Haven Law was made for the protection of both an unwanted newborn and the mother and father. Safety for each of them. This law needs to be advertised and as well known as Planned Parenthood and Abortion Clinics!

Wow it's good to hear that people do use the safe haven law as mentioned in the news article.
I hope this was a accident of some sort. Breaks my heart to see babies being taken away. Fly free baby. Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think that safe haven laws don't always work because these mothers are in denial that they are pregnant in the first place then when faced with the inevitable, they freak out mentally.

The Safe Haven Law is a great idea. However, there are a few problems that I have seen that have developed through the years of its existence.

It is advertised as a safe place to drop off a newborn baby without identifying yourself. This IS the advantage of the program, a new parent can safely and anonymously give their baby up.

Unfortunately, I have read where it is not this easy at many of the Safe Haven sites. Each state seems to have their own rules and some states do require a bit of information/identification. No links as this has been ongoing throughout the years.

IMO, this needs to be looked into. Safe Haven Law was made for the protection of both an unwanted newborn and the mother and father. Safety for each of them. This law needs to be advertised and as well known as Planned Parenthood and Abortion Clinics!

sad as it is I rather that, than someone's older baby they had been raising who was abused or neglected :(
I agree that it's sad. However, murdering a child is the ultimate abuse and neglect regardless of age.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This is terrible. I will never understand some people. RIP angel you only were here briefly but touched many peoples hearts [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji72]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

i think that safe haven laws don't always work because these mothers are in denial that they are pregnant in the first place then when faced with the inevitable, they freak out mentally.
And, in the last several months, Seattle media made a huge deal of it when someone properly used the law. I think publicizing it probably makes people more hesitant to use it. I remember I was livid when I saw it in the news.

BTW, I'm guessing some sort of post-partem mental health issue.

My first thought was proper medical care following the birth. Perhaps the child was born outside of a hospital or any place where medical attention was available. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a death due to a lack of general knowledge of child care or possibly a SIDS death. I guess we'll all know in the very near future since the mother has already been identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, in the last several months, Seattle media made a huge deal of it when someone properly used the law. I think publicizing it probably makes people more hesitant to use it. I remember I was livid when I saw it in the news.
Wait like they showed the parent that surrendered the child? Why that's essentially shaming them and if the family didn't know before they do now.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back