CT - Dead baby found in bag in Bristol Reservoir, Harwinton, 21 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait like they showed the parent that surrendered the child? Why that's essentially shaming them and if the family didn't know before they do now.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
No, they didn't identify the parent. They just ran stories that it happened. I guess I just felt like the whole point is to be discreet and safe.

No, they didn't identify the parent. They just ran stories that it happened. I guess I just felt like the whole point is to be discreet and safe.
It is I'm relieved they didn't out them but your right they should leave those stories alone. They have plenty of stuff to report on.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I personally think that the problem with Safe Haven and teenagers is most teenager have never even heard of Safe Haven, much less know what it is. I have a teenage daughter and she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked her if she knows what Safe Haven is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was not saying I believe that to be fine and dandy.

I agree that it's sad. However, murdering a child is the ultimate abuse and neglect regardless of age.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Oh, I just assumed she birthed at home on her own and, well, I won't say what she I assume she did. But she is in hospital because she just gave birth without medical help is what I am thinking.

i was not saying I believe that to be fine and dandy.
I never stated that you were. I replied that I agreed with you that it was tragic.

My comment was directed solely toward the part of your comment that contrasted the reality of this particular murder against the case of a hypothetical one that didn't occur. It was stated that, "I rather that (implying this particular murder), than the scenario of child abuse of an older infant." I was pointing out that both scenarios were in fact child abuse and neglect that resulted in the death of the child. I'm not here to debate various degrees of child abuse that would have made the crime more horrific.

IMO, I think we need to be careful to not go down that rabbit hole on this forum. Technically, you can imagine every crime on here, to contain elements that would have made it more horrifying for the victim. I think we should be careful to not compare crimes against our imagination and say "I rather that, than something worse." I know it was intended to be a compassionate statement, but oftentimes all the victims family and friends (and they are on here) hear is "I rather that." Which is the case of what actually did happen...JMO

I'm sorry if my post gave you the impression that you thought this crime was fine and dandy. That wasn't my intent, nor was that ever part of my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote button not working properly so writing above rather than below the quoted post. I have to respectfully disagree. A life is a life whether they are two weeks, two months, two years or twenty years old. I haven't caught up on the thread, but with safe haven laws, imo, it just the job of every parent to make sure our children are aware of safe haven laws. Just like we educate them on drugs and alcohol and other safety issues we need to accept the possibility that our children might end up pregnant or know someone who has an unplanned pregnancy. And just like I tell my child if you or any of your friends are under the influence at a party, I would much rather they call me for a ride home than to get in a car with an impaired driver. In the case of unplanned pregnancy, I would much rather they know about safe haven than to feel the only option was to throw away a baby like it was trash.

As parents, it is our responsibility to teach our children tools to handle life's unexpected problems. I think my child was about 10 when I started teaching about safe haven.

Does anyone know if the public schools include safe haven info in their health/sex ed classes? If not, they should.

sad as it is I rather that, than someone's older baby they had been raising who was abused or neglected :(

Quote button not working properly so writing above rather than below the quoted post. I have to respectfully disagree. A life is a life whether they are two weeks, two months, two years or twenty years old. I haven't caught up on the thread, but with safe haven laws, imo, it just the job of every parent to make sure our children are aware of safe haven laws. Just like we educate them on drugs and alcohol and other safety issues we need to accept the possibility that our children might end up pregnant or know someone who has an unplanned pregnancy. And just like I tell my child if you or any of your friends are under the influence at a party, I would much rather they call me for a ride home than to get in a car with an impaired driver. In the case of unplanned pregnancy, I would much rather they know about safe haven than to feel the only option was to throw away a baby like it was trash.

As parents, it is our responsibility to teach our children tools to handle life's unexpected problems. I think my child was about 10 when I started teaching about safe haven.

Does anyone know if the public schools include safe haven info in their health/sex ed classes? If not, they should.
I agree with the "if not they should" notion. I can't say as I don't live there. Sadly where I live I think there's something similar but I don't know for sure and moreover​not does my teen.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob
Back