CT - Dominick Krankall, 6, burned in bully attack, family says, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
Connecticut boy burned in bully attack, family says

NEW YORK - A 6-year-old Connecticut boy is hospitalized with serious burn wounds after he was allegedly targeted by a bully.

An 8-year-old boy from the neighborhood allegedly covered a ball in gasoline, lit it on fire, and threw it at Dominick Krankall on Sunday afternoon in Bridgeport.

"Within seconds later, he came back around the corner on fire screaming, 'Mommy they lit me on fire, they lit me on fire,'" Kayla Deegan, Dominick's sister, said. "This has happened multiple times with this kid bullying my little brother."

Emergency workers found Krankall on Louisiana Avenue with severe wounds. He was rushed to the Bridgeport Hospital burn unit. His face is swollen and he has a long road to recovery but could eventually have minimal scarring.

Sickening all around.

Connecticut boy burned in bully attack, family says

NEW YORK - A 6-year-old Connecticut boy is hospitalized with serious burn wounds after he was allegedly targeted by a bully.

An 8-year-old boy from the neighborhood allegedly covered a ball in gasoline, lit it on fire, and threw it at Dominick Krankall on Sunday afternoon in Bridgeport.

"Within seconds later, he came back around the corner on fire screaming, 'Mommy they lit me on fire, they lit me on fire,'" Kayla Deegan, Dominick's sister, said. "This has happened multiple times with this kid bullying my little brother."

Emergency workers found Krankall on Louisiana Avenue with severe wounds. He was rushed to the Bridgeport Hospital burn unit. His face is swollen and he has a long road to recovery but could eventually have minimal scarring.

Sickening all around.
That seems to go above and beyond bullying though, IMO it is attempted murder or at the very least some form of assault.

Wish Dom's family would name the bully. His older sister set up a fundraiser for him/his family because the kid lives downstairs and Dom is (rightfully, imo) scared to return home. Not that he will be going home any time soon. MOO

Dammit. What a cute, sweet-looking little guy -- a little six year old boy. The kind I especially love to hug and talk to.
Hoping that there are a couple of responsible other kids who were around who saw what happened so that they can tell LE or whoever is looking into this horror. If this 8 y/o actually did this, and it certainly appears that he did, what's gonna happen to him?
Is this a tuff neighborhood? Or are there just couple of tuff kids in this neighborhood?
If the 8 y/o did what we have read, he needs all kinds of help before he starts burning down houses or doing more of what he is accused of now. He also needs punishment.
This one could take a while...
Hoping the little guy is able to sleep and move around somewhat. Severe burns are said to be some of the most painful injuries one can have. Prayers for him and those who love him.

Connecticut boy hospitalized with severe burns after bully threw ball he lit on fire at his face | Daily Mail Online

"A six-year-old Connecticut boy is hospitalized with severe burns to his face and legs after he was intentionally lit on fire by another child, who poured gasoline on a tennis ball, lit the ball on fire and threw it at the child's face.

The youngster, identified as Dominick Krankall, survived the vicious attack but is suffering from severe second-and-third degree burns to his face and legs.

'My six-year-old brother could've died. The kid covered a ball in gasoline, lit it on fire and threw it at him. All in a matter of seconds,' wrote the victim's sister, Kayla Deegan, on a < edited > page.

'He's going to be scarred for life mentally and physically.'

The horrific attack happened Sunday when Dominick was playing in the backyard of his family's home located on Louisiana Avenue in Bridgeport, Connecticut, with a group of children, who are reportedly tenants in the home."

This is the line from the DM article that literally sent me over the edge:

Family members said this is not the first time Dominick has been beat up by the neighbor, and a previous incident also put him in the hospital.

WTH is going on here that an 8 year old is bullying this poor kid to this extent???

So sad for Dominick, but sending him wishes for a speedy recover. I just can't imagine. :(

This is the line from the DM article that literally sent me over the edge:

Family members said this is not the first time Dominick has been beat up by the neighbor, and a previous incident also put him in the hospital.

WTH is going on here that an 8 year old is bullying this poor kid to this extent???

So sad for Dominick, but sending him wishes for a speedy recover. I just can't imagine. :(

It's obviously time for CPS or who- or whatever to have some sessions with this bully (for lack of a better word). Something may be wrong where he lives to make him strike out at children younger that he is. It may some bottled-up rage that he carries which could possibly (likely, IMO) get worse and worse.
And little Dominick has got a tuff and painful road ahead of him. Hoping he is getting excellent care in, I hope, a burn unit at a good hospital. Makes me wanna holler for this little 6 year-old and for his family. Can you imagine their fear for their boy and their anger at the 8 y/o and his parents/caregivers?
Prayers for little Dominick and his family.

From the article:

She also said that a day after the incident the bully's mother contacted Department of Family and Children Services to report her.

'She said my kids had no clothes or food which when they came they quickly realized that wasn't the case at all,' Rua said.

'This child needs help. He is only eight,' Rua said. 'He is crying out for help and no one is paying attention to him.'

Sounds like the mother of the bully is just as bad.

Good points, @HMSHood.
What's going on in the bully's home? Is he lashing out at other kids because it's happening to him at home and he can't retaliate? Or is he abused or taunted or beaten-up somewhere else?
Not defending him, but probably this 8 y/o old is acting out because of things he cannot control or defend himself against somewhere else.
I think about little Dominick -- he is fighting to live and breathe and is in pain.

For all asking about Dominick, he was released from the hospital today and going to get a visiting nurse to help with his recovery. He got a special ride home from an amazing state trooper. Dominick is so happy to be out and with his brothers and sisters! Again thank you all for the love and support his healing has a lot to do with all the love and prayers."

6-year-old burn victim from Bridgeport leaves hospital

Attachments

• D3D66F64-80B0-45CC-8212-B3F2A7CD48AE.jpeg
    D3D66F64-80B0-45CC-8212-B3F2A7CD48AE.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 29
LE says there is no wrong doing in this case. Interesting read.

LE says there is no wrong doing in this case. Interesting read.
I don't want to say I completely knew this would be the case, but the repeated use of "family says" in articles strongly suggested that there was no evidence for D's mom's claims. What a mess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back