GA GA - Joshua Adams, 25, Jefferson, 21 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Georgia man could be in Southwest Michigan, police say; $50,000 reward offered

Missing Georgia man could be in Southwest Michigan, police say; $50,000 reward offered

I don't think there are any facts to support him being in Michigan after his disappearance. I know he went to a rehab facility there before for a few weeks and then returned home. If he had went back to Michigan I feel that he would have told his family he was leaving. Everything that I have heard and read leads me to believe he had a good relationship with his family and would have no reason to just run off without telling them. So I really think we can count Michigan out in our search for him.

Just checking in to see if anything new has developed with his case this is just one of those cases that I can't give up. I wish someone would just speak up already it's been 7 years that's far too long for this family to be waiting with no answers.

Joshua Scott Adams – The Charley Project
If this has been posted here before sorry but I feel like it has a lot of really good pictures on Joshua that we can reference back to if need arises. I can't believe it has been this long and still nothing comes out about his case. This is so heartbreaking for the family I can't imagine what they are going through everyday not knowing what happened to him or where he could be. Someone needs to start talking I'm seriously considering reaching out to some of his known friends on social media and see if I can get anything at all to come out about him. I don't know that they would even respond to me being a random stranger but it doesn't hurt to try.

I reached out to Jeb Adams, and didn't hear anything back. I am going to try more people with the last name Adams on his Facebook page

New tips fail to solve mystery of Josh Adams' disappearance 5 years ago
I'm sure this has been posted here before but after going back and taking a second read I'm beginning to wonder if any of those theories of what could have happened to him could be anywhere near truth. It seems that LE has dismissed the claims as being just talk by people involved in drugs but it has been my experience that sometimes those in that life tell the truth. Especially if they are coming to LE willingly to offer up information as opposed to being questioned and interrogated for the information. I hope that they are being taken seriously and everything is being looked at the way it should be.

I've sent messages to a few people on his facebook that I feel he would be close friends to people from the local area that are on his page and so far no one has responded. I really wasn't expecting it to work but felt that I had to try something so I will go back to the drawing board and come up with another plan. Someone out there knows what happened and it's just getting the right person to get them to open up and start that discussion.

• joshua_scott_adams_1.jpg
  • joshua_scott_adams_2.jpg
  • joshua_scott_adams_3.jpg
  • joshua_scott_adams_4.jpg
  • joshua_scott_adams_12.jpg
Adams, circa 2013; Tattoo on Adams's arm
  • Missing Since 05/20/2013
  • Missing From Jefferson, Georgia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'2 - 6'3, 200 - 240 pounds

• Medical Conditions Adams has a history of drug abuse, namely prescription drugs and cocaine. He graduated from an addiction treatment program two weeks before his disappearance.

• Associated Vehicle(s) White 2009 Chevrolet Malibu (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Adams has tribal tattoos on his upper arm and chest; a photo of the arm tattoo is posted with this case summary. He has a tattoo of the name "Ava" on his right foot. His nickname is Josh.

Details of Disappearance​

Adams was last seen in Jefferson, Georgia on May 20, 2013. That day, he left home driving his white 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. Later that day, he cashed a personal check for $400; he'd stolen the check from his parents. He has never been heard from again.

That same day, Adams's car was found abandoned in a pasture next to a pond on his family's land, on Brockton Loop Road near Jefferson. He sometimes went fishing there. His cellular phone, wallet, identification and $25 in cash were inside the car. A neighbor called the police to report that the car was there and that the fence to the property was open.

On May 24, Adams's shoes were found on the banks of the pond, a few hundred yards from where the car had been found. Police searched the area with cadaver dogs and even drained the lake, but found no other evidence.

Authorities got several leads from Adams's cellular phone. Records showed he called one man five times on the day of his disappearance, but the man denied having spoken to him and refused to cooperate with the investigation. Another man admitted to speaking to Adams at 9:00 a.m., but he wouldn't say what their conversation was about.

Two weeks before he went missing, Adams completed a six-week drug rehabilitation program in Battle Creek, Michigan. His family stated he has no history of leaving home without warning and they think he may have begun using drugs again prior to his disappearance.

His case is being investigated as a homicide. It remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Jackson County Sheriff's Office 706-387-6043

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 20, 2019; details of disappearance updated.

Adams’ sister Shannon Adams Burrell wrote that she believed her brother “had his struggles” and “was involved with some bad people,” adding that her family’s lives have been changed forever since he went missing.

“Every day I wonder what it would be like to have him here playing with my girls, maybe he’d have kids of his own and we’d be sharing holidays, birthdays, and other life milestones together,” Burrell wrote.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office shared Burrell’s message to their public Facebook account.h

May 21, 2024

<<Three days after the car was found, deputies returned to Brockton Loop Road, where more than a dozen people had gathered for a search of the area. Adams’ tennis shoes were found on the shore of a nearby pond, along with a syringe and a clear baggie, according to the report.

Adams father, Scott Adams, told the officer that he had searched the area previously and “did not see the items before when the area was checked.”

Later the family had the pond drained, but nothing more was located, according to Burrell.>>

<<About five years after the disappearance and as the reward increased, Burrell said a man called the office where her father owns a business.

“They said, ‘We’re scared for our lives. We don’t want the reward money, but we know your heart is still breaking. We want y’all to have peace.' And he told us that Josh was killed. They beat him and didn’t mean to kill him,” she recalled about the conversation that lacked specific details of the alleged crime.

Then the caller claimed Adams’ body was buried on a farm or ranch in the Lavonia area. That call was traced and it was determined to have come from someone who once worked for her father, according to Burrell.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back