Identified! CT - East Haven, Frontage Rd behind former Bradlees store, WhtFem 18-28, UP10796, Wrapped in Paint-Spotted Tarp, Aug'75 - Patricia Meleady Newsome

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just phoned in a tip to East Haven detectives to look into Franklin Delano Floyd as a possible for this crime, just in case. He was a painter by trade, so....

Kathy Lynn Beatty, age 15 was abducted and brutally beaten on 25 July 1975.

Kathy had long brown hair, parted in the middle and her picture closely resembles the sketch of the unknown Connecticut woman in the website.

Could these two murders possibly be related?

Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. had left Wheaton, Maryland very suddenly in the last days of July 1975 - immediately after newspapers announced that Kathy Lynn Beatty had survived a brutal sexual attack. Unfortunately, she died in the hospital some 11 days later of her injuries, never regaining consciousness.

Coffey was later convicted of murdering a 10-year-old girl and was suspected in several other murders of children. He was also convicted of numerous counts of Sexual misconduct involving children. Where was he in early August 1975?

Honestly, looking in archives and missing persons data bases, there are so many women missing from New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania that it probably could be really hard to find a match for this woman.

Hollow said:
I just phoned in a tip to East Haven detectives to look into Franklin Delano Floyd as a possible for this crime, just in case. He was a painter by trade, so....
I thought about him too.

i was reading that link the second one on doe which i have never seen before and it said they found black wire with the body or something that is a clue a big clue now we need to find out what killers were know to use wire..

smile22 said:
i was reading that link the second one on doe which i have never seen before and it said they found black wire with the body or something that is a clue a big clue now we need to find out what killers were know to use wire..
I agree. What kind of wire was it specifically? Was it TV or computer cable? Was it stranded wire like in electrical cords? Was it single copper wire as used by electricians? Was it used wire of some sort - or was it new off a spool?

How was it secured? Was it tied or twisted? Any particular knots or type of lashings? How was it cut?

Was there any blood on the sharp ends which may have come from her killer?

Richard said:
I agree. What kind of wire was it specifically? Was it TV or computer cable? Was it stranded wire like in electrical cords? Was it single copper wire as used by electricians? Was it used wire of some sort - or was it new off a spool?

How was it secured? Was it tied or twisted? Any particular knots or type of lashings? How was it cut?

Was there any blood on the sharp ends which may have come from her killer?

It was black antenna wire. She was bound with it.

It has been a year since anyone has posted on this case. The origional link no longer works, so here is a new one:

-----------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Discovered on August 16, 1975 in East Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut.
Estimated date of death: August 11, 1975.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18 - 28 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 5'6"; 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, parted in center. Brown/hazel eyes. She had pierced ears. She may have had a small mole under the chin. She possibly had comestic surgery to reduce the size of the nose.
Dentals: Available. Probable orthodontic care.
Clothing: No clothing located.

Case History

The woman’s strangled body was found by a truck driver on a rainy August 16, 1975, floating in a drainage ditch behind the former Bradlees department store on Frontage Road. She was wrapped in a canvas tarpaulin and she was gagged and bound by black antenna wire around her neck, waist and knees. Police believe she was killed somewhere else and dumped on Frontage Road. She died of asphyxiation by suffocation at least five days prior to discovery.

Dried white paint spots on the tarpaulin might indicate the murderer had connections with the painting trade.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
East Haven Police Department
Detective Division
Detective Sgt Scobie
203-468-3827

Source Information:
ID Wanted Organization
The Doe Network: Case File 93UFCT

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/93ufct.html

Hi
It could be related to this woman missing in this link.Lisa white or the other women who were killed(pictures on on the link)

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/

32 Years Later and Still No Trace. Is her Disappearance Linked To Several Others?

lisa_white.jpg
On November 1st of 1974, 13 year old Lisa White left her home in Vernon to visit a friends house in the Rockville section of town. When she finished visiting her friend, she left to go home and was last seen on Prospect Street. She has not been heard from since. She was described at the time as having blonde hair, blue eyes, 5 feet tall and 110 pounds.
Lisa's disappearance was the third of five in a ten year time frame in the area of Vernon. On July 24, 1968, 13 year old, Debra Spickler vanished from Henry Park. Five years later on July 26th of 1973, 7 year old Janice Pockett disappeared just blocks from her home in the neighboring town of Tolland. In 1975, 20 year old Vernon Resident Susan Larosa was reported as missing and found deceased years later in a wooded area just miles from her home just a few hundred yards from Interstate 84. Patricia Luce, then 18, disappeared in July of 1978 after a trip to a convenience store in Vernon, she was found deceased years later in a wooded area of Marlborough, several towns away.
The July 21, 1975 murder of Stephanie Olisky happened two towns away from where Lisa White disappeared. The 15 year old town resident had been found near death on Route 5 in East Windsor.
On August 16, 1975 the body of an unidentified woman was found behind an old department store on Frontage Road, not far from Interstate 95 in East Haven. She had been bound and gagged and was estimated to be between the ages of 18 to 29 years old, Police estimate she had been killed days earlier. Her identity and murderer are still unknown. For more information on this case click on this link.
August 27, 1978, 17 year old Janette Reynolds vanished on her way hitchhiking from Middletown to her hometown of Griswold. She had been last seen at Four Corners in Colchester allegedly getting into an International Scout (car) that was believed to be blue and had a white top. The car had been seen heading eastward on Route 16. Nearly a year later, Reynolds was found deceased March 25, 1979 in Groton under the Gold Star Memorial Bridge. Her murder still has not been solved.
It was thought many years ago that many of these cases could have been linked yet no strong evidence has ever proved that. Additional information on Lisa White can be found at the Doe Network or see the Channel 30 News Story. If you have any information regarding the disappearances of Lisa White and Debra Spickler and the murder of Patricia Luce please call the Vernon Police Department at 860-872-9126. For information regarding Janice Pockett and Janette Reynolds, call the Connecticut State Police at 860-779-4900. Any information on the murder of Stephanie Olisky can be relayed to East Windsor Police at (860) 292-8254.
Pockett.jpg
susan_larosa.jpg
debbie_spickler.jpg
Patricia_Luce.jpg
olisky.jpg
janette_reynolds.jpg
easthavenvictim.jpg

I wonder where the serial killer Christopher Bernard Wilder was during this time.He owned sawtell electric and contruction.

suzanne

bumping case up...

Could Hadden Clark have been possibly involved in this?

bumping case up...

Could Hadden Clark have been possibly involved in this?
just from looking at the above photos...........i would guess, there was two killers, one responsible for 4and another the other 3.....the 4 with long hair resemble each other, as do the the 3 with short hair.
all just speculation of course.................the girls bike, that was found by the woods, the one whom went looking for butterflies, and got killed for it by some monster whom lived in the neighborhood, I am surprised they did not find her body in those woods,........
4 of them disappeared in the month of July, almost to the day.................which i would say perhaps belongs to the same killer...........

the 2 from august and November, belongs to the other killer perhaps, just speculation on my part, from just reading the above with the photos

the link for the unidentified girl, on the doe network does not work.....just an a FYI.

Or maybe a connection? Note that Jane Smith went missing on 9 August 1975, and the Jane Doe was believed to have been murdered on 11 August 1975.

------------------------------------------------

Jane Smith, 20, Missing 9 Aug 1975 from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Jane Smith
Missing since August 9, 1975 from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 19, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Reddish brown hair; blue eyes. She wore contact lenses at the time of her disappearance. She has some gold teeth.
Marks, Scars: She has a small round scar between her eyebrows.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a blue sweatshirt with a zipper with pouch and hood, Wrangler blue jeans, red Cougar running shoes and a large black shoulder bag.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Smith was last seen in her apartment just before she retired for bed at 2 a.m. in Sudbury, Ontario on August 9, 1975.

Jane was a student at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario residing on Charlotte Street. She was found missing from her room that morning at 7:30 am. All her personal belongings were left behind.

Police investigation to date cannot rule out the possibility that Jane has been a victim of foul play due to the duration of time since she went missing.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Greater Sudbury Police
705-675-9171

Email: gspsmail@police.sudbury.on.ca

or Crime Stoppers 705-675-8477 or 1-800-222-8477

Source Information:

Greater Sudbury Police
The Doe Network: Case File 2026DFON

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2026dfon.html

This case was of great interest to me when I read it because it seems like given her possible dental care and cosmetic surgery she should be relatively easy to identify. I have a list of missing persons in this Doe's age range with brown hair and hazel eyes thanks to my work with Beth and Baby Doe. One person who sprang to mind immediately was Dorothy Wood Madden from Ohio missing since 8/8/75. Dorothy was 5'5", 125-135, brown hair, hazel eyes with a fine aqualine nose (could be why UID was thought to have surgery). Both the UID and Dorothy appear to have defined, arched eyebrows.

I wonder if Dorothy has been ruled out?

Actually, I'd like to know a full list of rule outs since I have quite a few potential matches based purely on stats sitting in front of me.

Distance is a problem... CT to Canada doesn't sound like too much of a stretch but you could go in another direction from the site and end up in Ohio or the Carolinas.

More than that, "probable orthodontic care" doesn't sit well with Jane Smith's "some gold teeth."

The face shape seems wrong, too, and the stats are slightly out (although I don't have a great deal of faith in the old style photofit reconstruction). Eye color also doesn't match.

Unfortunately I don't think the two cases are linked by anything more than chance.

Dorothy Wood Madden is currently being looked at as a potential match for this UID.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back