Identified! CT - East Haven, Frontage Rd behind former Bradlees store, WhtFem 18-28, UP10796, Wrapped in Paint-Spotted Tarp, Aug'75 - Patricia Meleady Newsome

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one of those long-shot things ... where the missing person would have to have been held a couple years (or have been a runaway, which I sincerely doubt she was), etc., to fit, but just gotta mention, anyhow:

Carlene Tengelsen, 16, missing from Macon, GA in June 1972.

Carlene had brown hair and hazel eyes, like the UID; she also had "a brown freckle on her neck below her chin," while the UID "may have had a small mole under the chin."

Carlene wore braces AT the time of her disappearance -- could mesh with (three years later) the UID's "probable orthodontic care".

Carlene was 5' 9", UID described as 5' 5" - 5' 6" -- so that's not too close a match.

I think Carlene does not have dentals available...? She has DNA on file, but...?

Carlene:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/10554

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tengelsen_carlene.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?154406-GA-Carlene-Tengelsen-16-Macon-21-June-1972

tengelsen_carlene2.jpgtengelsen_carlene.jpg doe.jpg

(two photos at left: Carlene. DOE sketch at right.)

I spoke with Lori Bruski (the NamUS regional admin for this case) and she said that re: Dorothy Madden, "data is limited and a conclusive comparison might not be able to be done", but that she asked about it. Also, this reconstruction is really weird to me for some reason?

Also, several sites state that Dorothy had grown up in Massachusetts. As someone who grew up in Connecticut and now is in MA, it's so easy to get between states. It takes 2 hours to get from one side of CT to the other, and depending on where she lived in MA, it could be easy for the killer to take her body to East Haven, or even if she was killed en route to see family, or to see her childhood home.

Here's Dorothy's NamUS https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8430/9

I'm currently doing some heavy research on this Doe's case. Her case, is more or less the pilot for my webseries. Very fascinating, especially considering that she was found completely intact, within days of having been killed, and yet in a heavily populated, but small state such as CT, we have no credible clues.

I went to the cemetery were she currently rests, and damn is that place in complete shambles, couldn't even find any unmarked graves, because most of the small graves were buried under large amounts of heavy dirt and grass. Would love to see more closure for her.

I don't believe she was apart of the series of abductions in Vernon during the early 70s, and I don't think she is Debra Spickler.

My best guess would be Dorothy Madden: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/madden_dorothy.html
Age, height, weight, look, the relative time between when she disappeared to the discovery of the Jane Doe all seemingly check out. My only question here is why would her killer (who most likely new the victim well) drive all the way from Ohio to Connecticut to discard her in a completely haphazard careless matter, a good 10 hour drive away.

Bumping for Jane Doe, as the anniversary is next month.

I wish a better reconstruction could be made.

I hope that they make a new recon for her, this current one is one of the worst I've seen. It would be nice if they at least smoothed out the obvious lines where they cut and pasted different pictures.

someone should ask for her pm photo so we get a better idea how she looked like

We already have a suspect for her murder - Samantha Glenner. She was convicted of one murder committed in 1984. She was released in 2009 and seems to have kept her nose clean since then.

I hope this is the year she is identified. It's been far too long. 43 Years is long enough that likely most people could be dead if they knew her...

I hope this is the year she is identified. It's been far too long. 43 Years is long enough that likely most people could be dead if they knew her...

No wonder. 43 years without any PM or reconstruction of value of her. Considering she was found a few days after she was murdered they should have had a good photo of her face. But no effort at all to id her.

Police had one suspect though, Glen Askeborn. Born 1940 who served time in prison for another murder. He should still be alive.

No wonder. 43 years without any PM or reconstruction of value of her. Considering she was found a few days after she was murdered they should have had a good photo of her face. But no effort at all to id her.

Police had one suspect though, Glen Askeborn. Born 1940 who served time in prison for another murder. He should still be alive.
Samantha Glenner/Glenn Askeborn was paroled in 2009. I'm fairly certain she's alive.

Maybe this can be of help. New recon by an amateur.

east-haven-jane-doe.jpg

More specifics in this article; East Haven Jane Doe

I have heard the certain eastern European mafias were involved in people smuggling around this era, although I am not certain of any specific areas or destinations. having said that, she bears a resemblance to a girl that went missing on the coast of the UK 1 year prior.
The Doe Network: Case File 2466DFUK

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9
Going to take another look tomorrow....have to sleep now....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back