Identified! CT - East Haven, Frontage Rd behind former Bradlees store, WhtFem 18-28, UP10796, Wrapped in Paint-Spotted Tarp, Aug'75 - Patricia Meleady Newsome

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Person / NamUs #MP81350
Patricia Newsom, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: January 1, 1974
Missing From: unknown, New York
Missing Age: 16 Years

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Circumstances of Disappearance: Last seen by family in 1974

Patricia was my sister. The picture in the names file is incorrect. That is a picture of our mother. Both of our parents died long ago. I saw the picture of the age progression of lady of the dunes and was shocked and sent the picture of the lady of the dunes to my cousin. We don’t know what state she was in when she disappeared as she had been sent to a boarding school in the northeast.

Although Patricia is missing from NY, the contact agency is the Massachusetts State Police, the Cape and Islands District Attorney’s Office. This would point to a possible identification of an unidentified body found in MA, perhaps The Lady of the Dunes (LOTD), who was found in Provincetown in 1974.

The description of Patricia could be a good match for the LOTD. As far as the photo is concerned, women can mature early, and sometimes it can be hard to discern age.

There are 9 public high schools in the county, from what I can see, and several private schools. It is worth a search on Classmates.

There is a very strong resemblance to the 2010 reconstruction of LOTD.
That picture was put in for reference it is a picture of our mother. Patricia was my sister. She was born in 57 and looked like our mother. I was younger and she had been sent to a boarding school somewhere in the northeast. She would have been familiar with cape cod as our mother’s family vacationed there.

What I find oddest, is if I zoom in, there appears to be a smaller head in front of her that has been cropped? I wonder what her mother's name was? Perhaps they share the same name and this photo was added in error?
Please see my other posts on this thread. The picture is our mother. Patricia was my sister. My mother died of cancer in 68. Patricia looked like her.

Patricia was my sister. The picture in the names file is incorrect. That is a picture of our mother. Both of our parents died long ago. I saw the picture of the age progression of lady of the dunes and was shocked and sent the picture of the lady of the dunes to my cousin. We don’t know what state she was in when she disappeared as she had been sent to a boarding school in the northeast.

Do you know what boarding school your sister was enrolled in? If you had the name of the school, perhaps they had some addresses or clues as to where she had been living. If you contacted the MSP, I hope they have been in touch with you.

Do you know what boarding school your sister was enrolled in? If you had the name of the school, perhaps they had some addresses or clues as to where she had been living. If you contacted the MSP, I hope they have been in touch with you.
I wish I did but I am trying to find out anything I can. I have been in touch with MSP and told them I would give dna but they keep saying there is a special lab and coronavirus hit. She was born in Idaho I think and the death records are not available. I don’t know what else to do

Will d
@druidsmoon22 @Bpasquin - please consider becoming verified insiders as we can then ask you direct questions that you do not need to provide MSM links to.

Hopefully the Sleuthers here will be able to help you get some answers to your sisters disappearance
efi

thank you so much for the suggestion. We just sent in the info to get verified!

Please see my other posts on this thread. The picture is our mother. Patricia was my sister. My mother died of cancer in 68. Patricia looked like her.

Hello! I'm so sorry! This has to have been very difficult for you, and so shocking. I hope you're able to find some answers soon. Thank you for clarifying that the image is one of your mother. It was so confusing trying to sort out how it could have been a young girl.

It looks as though Cecilian Academy is in Philadelphia. When you're verified/able to answer, would this be something Patricia would have been connected to? i.e. Lady of the Dunes was possibly wearing a 1952 class ring from this school.

Edited--whoa, ok. I just saw the info about her ring in the LOTD thread.

It looks as though Cecilian Academy is in Philadelphia. When you're verified/able to answer, would this be something Patricia would have been connected to? i.e. Lady of the Dunes was possibly wearing a 1952 class ring from this school.

Edited--whoa, ok. I just saw the info about her ring in the LOTD thread.
I don’t think I’m verified yet we’re waiting on they but her aunt actually gave her that ring as they were very close and she attended the academy. Maryann tells me the stone was blue and we actually have a picture of her wearing the ring

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto
Back