Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #115

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a complete transcript and video of this summary that we are going to see when this goes to trial....

Its going to be hard to explain that last answer. The only reason to say "Could've been" is if you don't know if they found your garbage or not.

1727807904137.png

Last edited:
I've been a silent observer of several cases, and finally decided to participate in the discussions. Thanks to everyone for interesting insights, informative posts, and shared passions. Hope I can keep up.

I just noticed that prosecutors Hurlbert and Weiner have accepted public censure as discipline for their roles in the initiation of a criminal investigation into Judge Lama.

Prosecutors in Barry Morphew Murder Case Publicly Censured
Deputy District Attorneys Receive Censure for Role in Morphew Prosecution

I do not know details: specifically, I see nothing in the article related to Morphew's civil claims against them. Hopefully details will come out in subsequent coverage.

IIRC, IE's original complaint was filed against 7 prosecutors:
  • Linda Stanley
  • Jeff Lindsey
  • Mark Hurlbert
  • Aaron Pembeleton
  • Dan Edwards
  • Bob Weiner
  • Grant Grosegebauer
I heard somewhere that Dan Edwards may have accepted private disciplinary action by agreement (source?), but I never heard what happened to Lindsey, Pembeleton, and Grosegebauer. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
I've been a silent observer of several cases, and finally decided to participate in the discussions. Thanks to everyone for interesting insights, informative posts, and shared passions. Hope I can keep up.

I just noticed that prosecutors Hurlbert and Weiner have accepted public censure as discipline for their roles in the initiation of a criminal investigation into Judge Lama.

Prosecutors in Barry Morphew Murder Case Publicly Censured
Deputy District Attorneys Receive Censure for Role in Morphew Prosecution

I do not know details: specifically, I see nothing in the article related to Morphew's civil claims against them. Hopefully details will come out in subsequent coverage.

IIRC, IE's original complaint was filed against 7 prosecutors:
  • Linda Stanley
  • Jeff Lindsey
  • Mark Hurlbert
  • Aaron Pembeleton
  • Dan Edwards
  • Bob Weiner
  • Grant Grosegebauer
I heard somewhere that Dan Edwards may have accepted private disciplinary action by agreement (source?), but I never heard what happened to Lindsey, Pembeleton, and Grosegebauer. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the quoted link, and welcome to WS @Tragg .

Public censure by Hurlbert and Weiner was essentially a plea agreement by the attorneys, and the hearing scheduled from Oct. 9-18 in front of the presiding disciplinary judge will be vacated. Personally, I think this was a smart move by both given the initial Complaint demanded they be disbarred. Yes, confirming Edwards did reach a similar settlement with OARC prior to Stanley's hearing. IMO, Stanley was likely offered a similar opportunity to settle and and avoid a hearing, likely included suspension of her license for a year or two, knowing it would cause her to resign being DA which was the ultimate goal, but instead she was defiant to the end. Another bad decision! Personally, I don't think it bodes well for the actual hearing process. I think it's further confirmed when the panel can't make a hearing decision following their own statutory timeline.

As for Jeff Lindsey, he probably had an adequate argument with OARC that the his limited tenure in Chaffee County should show the allegations against him did not have merit.

And forgive me as I delay comment on Pembleton and Groseebauer as I have brain fade on these names today. MOO :oops:

Burying Unexpected Items in the Backyard? Thinking like BM?

3 yrs ago, @Ontario Mom reacted to BM burying furniture in backyard at Indiana house, saying --->
"That's just so dang weird.
"I mean, who the heck buries furniture and plants flipping alfalfa on top of it?
"NO one, that's who."

@Ontario Mom I found someone who might do that, seems to think (somewhat) like BM.
A poster on reddit.com landscaping sub asks, w pic: "30+ yo decking. Can I bury and plant on top or does it need removal? I needed to do something with it already. Now that the tree guys have flattened it, the spouse is getting jumpy. Bury or remove?"

So there you have it, @Ontario Mom, another dude who wants to bury unexpected stuff in yard & then plant over it. Like BM??? Wow!

(BTW, responses said basically, Bury it, what the what? Haul that stuff off. One responder said, I bought a house and when I went to till a garden into the backyard, found buried plastic bags of kitchen waste, kids clothes, a completely dismantled clothes dryer, glass and rotten wood.
Maybe he bought one of BM's previous homes??? Possible??? ;) LOL, but IDK.
@sk716 (TYVM :) ) provided the ref in AA---footnote (#55, Pg 53 of 129)

Burying Unexpected Items in the Backyard? Thinking like BM?

3 yrs ago, @Ontario Mom reacted to BM burying furniture in backyard at Indiana house, saying --->
"That's just so dang weird.
"I mean, who the heck buries furniture and plants flipping alfalfa on top of it?
"NO one, that's who."

@Ontario Mom I found someone who might do that, seems to think (somewhat) like BM.
A poster on reddit.com landscaping sub asks, w pic: "30+ yo decking. Can I bury and plant on top or does it need removal? I needed to do something with it already. Now that the tree guys have flattened it, the spouse is getting jumpy. Bury or remove?"

So there you have it, @Ontario Mom, another dude who wants to bury unexpected stuff in yard & then plant over it. Like BM??? Wow!

(BTW, responses said basically, Bury it, what the what? Haul that stuff off. One responder said, I bought a house and when I went to till a garden into the backyard, found buried plastic bags of kitchen waste, kids clothes, a completely dismantled clothes dryer, glass and rotten wood.
Maybe he bought one of BM's previous homes??? Possible??? ;) LOL, but IDK.
@sk716 (TYVM :) ) provided the ref in AA---footnote (#55, Pg 53 of 129)
Imagine the effort, to bury furniture etc.
Take it to the tip: low cost, BUT BM can't afford that!!!
Here, we have hard rubbish collections, once a year, at no cost, run by the council.
Folk leave stacks of used items out the front for collection.

In my experience I think it's not uncommon to bury some kinds of stuff if you have a large property

e.g bricks, broken up concrete etc can be used as fill

Obviously you don't bury any waste as it can get in the water table - i.e nothing metal, plastics etc

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back