Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #115

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been a silent observer of several cases, and finally decided to participate in the discussions. Thanks to everyone for interesting insights, informative posts, and shared passions. Hope I can keep up.

I just noticed that prosecutors Hurlbert and Weiner have accepted public censure as discipline for their roles in the initiation of a criminal investigation into Judge Lama.

Prosecutors in Barry Morphew Murder Case Publicly Censured
Deputy District Attorneys Receive Censure for Role in Morphew Prosecution

I do not know details: specifically, I see nothing in the article related to Morphew's civil claims against them. Hopefully details will come out in subsequent coverage.

IIRC, IE's original complaint was filed against 7 prosecutors:
  • Linda Stanley
  • Jeff Lindsey
  • Mark Hurlbert
  • Aaron Pembeleton
  • Dan Edwards
  • Bob Weiner
  • Grant Grosegebauer
I heard somewhere that Dan Edwards may have accepted private disciplinary action by agreement (source?), but I never heard what happened to Lindsey, Pembeleton, and Grosegebauer. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
I've been a silent observer of several cases, and finally decided to participate in the discussions. Thanks to everyone for interesting insights, informative posts, and shared passions. Hope I can keep up.

I just noticed that prosecutors Hurlbert and Weiner have accepted public censure as discipline for their roles in the initiation of a criminal investigation into Judge Lama.

Prosecutors in Barry Morphew Murder Case Publicly Censured
Deputy District Attorneys Receive Censure for Role in Morphew Prosecution

I do not know details: specifically, I see nothing in the article related to Morphew's civil claims against them. Hopefully details will come out in subsequent coverage.

IIRC, IE's original complaint was filed against 7 prosecutors:
  • Linda Stanley
  • Jeff Lindsey
  • Mark Hurlbert
  • Aaron Pembeleton
  • Dan Edwards
  • Bob Weiner
  • Grant Grosegebauer
I heard somewhere that Dan Edwards may have accepted private disciplinary action by agreement (source?), but I never heard what happened to Lindsey, Pembeleton, and Grosegebauer. Does anyone know?

Thanks for the quoted link, and welcome to WS @Tragg .

Public censure by Hurlbert and Weiner was essentially a plea agreement by the attorneys, and the hearing scheduled from Oct. 9-18 in front of the presiding disciplinary judge will be vacated. Personally, I think this was a smart move by both given the initial Complaint demanded they be disbarred. Yes, confirming Edwards did reach a similar settlement with OARC prior to Stanley's hearing. IMO, Stanley was likely offered a similar opportunity to settle and and avoid a hearing, likely included suspension of her license for a year or two, knowing it would cause her to resign being DA which was the ultimate goal, but instead she was defiant to the end. Another bad decision! Personally, I don't think it bodes well for the actual hearing process. I think it's further confirmed when the panel can't make a hearing decision following their own statutory timeline.

As for Jeff Lindsey, he probably had an adequate argument with OARC that the his limited tenure in Chaffee County should show the allegations against him did not have merit.

And forgive me as I delay comment on Pembleton and Groseebauer as I have brain fade on these names today. MOO :oops:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga
Back