Identified! CT - East Haven, Frontage Rd behind former Bradlees store, WhtFem 18-28, UP10796, Wrapped in Paint-Spotted Tarp, Aug'75 - Patricia Meleady Newsome

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi @druidsmoon22 @Bpasquin

Welcome to Websleuths. I'm sorry for what your family is going through, trying to find out what happened to a missing loved one. Hope that you get answers.

I tried to see if Patricia Newsom was listed on Doe Network, another missing persons database, but she doesn't seem to be yet. Please visit the link below to contact Doe Network if you haven't already reached out to them.

New Missing Persons Cases

Hmm....I wonder if we picked the film apart scene by scene if the extra is wearing a ring? I cannot tell from the photo in the WaPo?

This is an interesting possible connection. Is anything known about Patricia's teeth?

ETA. I should be patient waiting for her presumed family members to become verified. Hopefully they can suggest why Patricia's NamUs case contact is at the Cape and Islands District of MA although she was missing from NY.

Last edited:
This is an interesting possible connection. Is anything known about Patricia's teeth?

ETA. I should be patient waiting for her presumed family members to become verified. Hopefully they can suggest why Patricia's NamUs case contact is at the Cape and Islands District of MA although she was missing from NY.
They are not sure where the boarding school she went missing from was located.

@Bpasquin Have you seen this theory put forth by Steven King's son (odd, I know) that the Lady of The Dunes may have been an extra in the movie Jaws? There is a screen shot of the extra in this article--I will attach it here. Does this look like it could be Patricia to you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ws-holds-the-clue-to-an-unsolved-1974-murder/

I'm cropping the image, closer to full body capture at the link. Click to enlarge: View attachment 325369
We have seen that! Maryann said it does look very eerily similar to her sister and that she remembers Patricia wearing a bandanna at times.

Maryann has told me that she had extensive dental work done as their father was in the military and could afford it. The reason is that the family vacationed there frequently and when Maryann saw the lady of the dunes composite she was shocked how eerily similar her sister looked.
Hopefully we will be verified soon

I think there is also a bit of resemblance/something nagging at me as *possible* when I consider the Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe as well:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 326997 View attachment 326998

I know the height is off, but considering the AHJD was skeletal/limited remains, it is really a best guess/estimate.
I have my doubts. Patricia said that this is the last image of her sister (though it’s from age 13/14) and the face shapes clearly differ:
A3AF96D2-5F26-4340-A016-2CFF0357E69C.jpeg

I have my doubts. Patricia said that this is the last image of her sister (though it’s from age 13/14) and the face shapes clearly differ:
View attachment 327039

I have not seen that image until now. Assume it is from the Facebook group? Agree there is more of a difference.

My feeling, like most, is she is LOTD, but I am also looking at other possibilities.

Is the NAMUS file info re: eye color unknown correct? Patricia's eyes appear to be brown or maybe hazel in these images, but I was curious if anyone can confirm?

I also noticed this case. The UID was skeletal and unrecognizable, so I'm not sure how representative this sketch is. I wanted to share the link as the general age range matches, and she also had dark auburn hair. She was also wearing a distinctive ring. (Not the ring Patricia was mentioned as wearing, but also the type of jewelry people would likely remember.)

I also noticed this case. The UID was skeletal and unrecognizable, so I'm not sure how representative this sketch is. I wanted to share the link as the general age range matches, and she also had dark auburn hair. She was also wearing a distinctive ring. (Not the ring Patricia was mentioned as wearing, but also the type of jewelry people would likely remember.)

Interesting..

Possible appearance of the victim
''Estimated Age GroupLate Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years)13-19
Estimated Year of Death1976-1981
Estimated PMI--
Height 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
Weight110 lbs, Estimated''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online