CT, Greenwich - Unidentified Female, 02/05/19 (est. 18-30 yrs old) CBS NY

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MarkTwang

Reaction score

February 5, 2019

Possible Homicide, an unidentified female was found roughly 20 feet from Glenville Road by highway workers the morning of February 5, 2019.

The victim is female and estimated to be between 18-30 years old.

Cpt. Robert Barry with the Greenwich Police Department made a statement about the victim to CBS NY. Law enforcement is declining to release more information on the circumstances of the discovery so that the victim can be identified and her family can be notified.

However, if you have any information on this case or the identity of the victim law enforcement is asking that the public contact the investigators at Greenwich PD.

Does anyone have leads on an ID for this victim?

Woman found dead, bound in suitcase, on side of Connecticut road, police say

A woman was found dead in a suitcase, bound at her hands and feet, on the side of a Connecticut road on Tuesday, police said.

Authorities were working to identify the victim so that they could notify her next of kin, Greenwich police captain Robert Berry told reporters Tuesday evening.

The woman appears to be between 18 and 30 years old, and police have received some leads to help identify her, he said.

A highway worker noticed the suitcase around 15 feet off the side of the road Tuesday morning and alerted police, Berry said. The worker investigated further as part of "routine duties," he added.

"We have no doubt that there was a homicide involved," Berry said.

Berry wouldn't say what was used to bind the victim's hands and feet, but he said she was clothed. He described the suitcase as "full size."

I’m a couple towns away from Naugatuck and it’s rare for people there to be in Greenwich... Naugatuck is mostly middle/lower class, and Greenwich is a very very rich area. Not saying it’s not possible by any means, but the two areas almost neger cross.

To me it sounds like this was not planned due to the fact the dump was done on a highway without any real concealment of the crime. I also don't feel the killer or killers are from the area. I would be testing the crap out of that suitcase for fibers unrelated to the victim or looking at local department stores video survielance and recipts that sell suitcases. It quite possibly could of just belong to the killer or killers.

The killer or killers may not be from the area, but what’s weird to me is choosing to dump a body in that town. When I say it’s the “rich” area of Connecticut that’s down playing it, it’s hands down the wealthiest area in the state, full of millionaires and celebrities... a random suitcase on the side of the road or highway there will not go unnoticed for more than a few hours (unless it was completely hidden from the view from the road). Practically everyone in Greenwich has security cameras.

I’m baffled by the choice to leave it there, versus some of the cities not far from there where abandoned luggage on the side of the road wouldn’t be looked twice at.

The killer or killers may not be from the area, but what’s weird to me is choosing to dump a body in that town. When I say it’s the “rich” area of Connecticut that’s down playing it, it’s hands down the wealthiest area in the state, full of millionaires and celebrities... a random suitcase on the side of the road or highway there will not go unnoticed for more than a few hours (unless it was completely hidden from the view from the road). Practically everyone in Greenwich has security cameras.

I’m baffled by the choice to leave it there, versus some of the cities not far from there where abandoned luggage on the side of the road wouldn’t be looked twice at.

Not from the area did not plan on killing someone and probably very unorganized dumped do to feeling rushed or compelled to get rid of the body right away. Interesting thing here might be the suitcase possibly a signature. I wouldn't be surprised if this person or people have done this before. Victim may have been a hitchhiker or offered a ride.

Might be a little early here, but thoughts on this being connected to the whole LI Serial Killer saga?

We wont know until we ID the victim. It matches "Cherries", with the red suitcase and all, but Cherries was dismembered and dumped. We suspect she (Cherries from the LISK case) was an undocumented immigrant from Latin America because of the items in her suitcase and the fact that we can not ID her and no one seemed to have reported her missing.

However, the suitcase in this case was larger than standard luggage size. They said that this is not something easily able to be purchased in a store so that is a great lead.

Further, the red color is good for someone needing to remove the body from a residence where a lot of people may see it. The red conceals the blood. It is likely once they arrived to this location they cared very little about it being found. They probably only needed to conceal the body to get it into a vehicle from their residence without anyone being suspicious of what was going on.

Based upon this, the killer may live in the city or metro area, maybe an apartment complex?

Knows someone that way, maybe, otherwise they wouldn't have the foggiest idea to choose this particular spot in this particular area.

I wish there was a way to geo map all the cell phone activity and ID who came and went from this area. The area is a dead end street isn't it? Does anyone know where the nearest tower is?

Is it possible when subpoenaing tower records to find the cellphone that pings off a particular tower band? I don't know if you have seen towers and the brick like bands that protrude from it, but identifying which band on the tower the cell phone pinged off off can reduce what would have been a 360 degree circumference to about a 45-90 degrees of that circumference area.

Cell phone signals are waves and I'd assume there would be some way to be more accurate with tower activity so we can pinpoint a suspect and reduce the list of people pinging off a tower in the area for LE to not catch a bunch of random dead-end leads in the records they get. Does anyone have a better idea about how this is done?

Do we have an ID on this young lady, yet?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back