Recovered/Located CT - James Cake, 7, & Grace, 1, taken by mother, Whitney Young, to Arizona, Milford, 27 Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Seven-year-old James Cake and his 1-year-old sister, Grace, have not been seen since Friday.

Police say the two children are known to be traveling with their mother, Whitney Young. They may be in a 2014 gray Subaru Legacy on the way to Arizona.

Young Milford siblings missing since Friday

james-grace-cake-missing.jpg

There are so many toll roads, I hope they can track her via camera. It’s very difficult to hide 2 little children. They have to be fed, go potty, buy diapers, etc. Is this a custody issue? Where is Dad? Is he in the picture and cooperating? I hope she keeps them safe!

Missing Persons Cases Network post. She is the custodial parent. So, they are all 3 missing then, this isn’t a case of her taking off with them?
Missing Persons Cases Network
*SILVER ALERT*

Grace Cake, 1
James Cake, 7
Milford, CT
Last seen Sept 27th, 2019

Silver Alerts have been issued for a pair of young siblings who were reported missing from Milford.

State police said 1-year-old Grace Cake and her brother 7-year-old James Cake have been missing since Friday.

Grace and James are known to be traveling with their mother, Whitney Young, authorities said. She is their custodial parent.

They all may be in a grey 2014 Subaru Legacy with a Connecticut license plate of 186SJN. Police believe they may possibly be heading towards Arizona.

According to state police, Grace has brown hair and brown eyes. She is 1'0" and weighs 30 pounds. James has brown hair and brown eyes. He is 4'0" and weighs 70 pounds.

Police do not have description of the clothing the children were wearing when they were last seen.

If you have any information or if you find Grace or James, you're urged to contact Milford Police Department at (203) 878-6551.

1-Year-Old and 7-Year-Old Siblings Reported Missing From Milford

According to state police, Grace has brown hair and brown eyes. She is 1'0" and weighs 30 pounds. James has brown hair and brown eyes. He is 4'0" and weighs 70 pounds.

This has to be a misprint...........I know this child has to be more than 12 inches tall.........
Rather confusing in that the mother is the custodial parent but she isn't listed as missing as well?

This has to be a misprint...........I know this child has to be more than 12 inches tall.........
Rather confusing in that the mother is the custodial parent but she isn't listed as missing as well?
I know. I was checking MSM for any updates on these two darlings. I was wondering why the panic over the children and not the mother as well?

Or do they suspect that the mother might doing something to harm them? :(

I thought silver alerts were for missing seniors?
Sometimes they use them for children with mental or cognitive disabilities. I have no idea if that is the case here, in terms of the children.

It doesn't appear to be a kidnapping or an abduction, as they were with their custodial parent. LE has the tag number of her vehicle as well as the make and are asking people to be on the look out. I am wondering if this is a custody case gone wrong, or maybe the Mom thinks she's protecting them from someone being in their lives at this time?

Any info on the moms age?
I have a lead of why there maybe a concern for children.
Digging deeper but trying to find why silver alert.
Has mom been in any recent trouble with authorities in Connecticut?
Any issues of her fleeing area for any reason know to family of these precious children?

Any info on the moms age?
I have a lead of why there maybe a concern for children.
Digging deeper but trying to find why silver alert.
Has mom been in any recent trouble with authorities in Connecticut?
Any issues of her fleeing area for any reason know to family of these precious children?
I am just hoping that they didn't get into a bad accident and end up in a body of water or something. So many things could have happened here, it's so hard to say.

I find it strange that there isn't much talk about the mother, who is the custodial parent. As you said, has she been in recent trouble? Perhaps they were going to take her children away, so she left with them? Is there a father involved, and if so, did they share custody?

Who reported them missing?

Also, why no photo of the Mom?

Let's just say she went to a gas station to fill up- someone might have seen her and report it to LE, which would give them a time of where they were on that day. I am assuming she isn't somewhere local at this point? Did she have any out of state friends to hang their hats for a night or two?

More details and a photo of the Mom would have been nice.

Another thing I just thought of- what if something happened to all three of them?

Right now, LE is saying they believe the children are with their custodial mother. Yet there is no photo of her available.

Going by social media, many have the same questions that I do. At this time, it doesn't appear that the Mom has done anything wrong. We don't know if the father is involved in their life or not, for all we know, she could have taken the kids to visit a friend somewhere and may not even know she's been reported as missing along with her children.

I don't know about you, but I need a wee bit more details here. Something isn't adding up.

Maybe mom is 30
Maybe mom has addresses for two states
CT and AZ
Yes a photo id of mom if they have actual evidence they are traveling with mom.
Whitney Young

@Steelslady
Your right, maybe mom was visiting family in CT headed back to AZ. Or maybe vice versa.
But has not arrived.
The silver alert concerns me.
Hoping they are contacting toll booths CCTV. Tracking any on Star if any.
Maybe moms ph is dead.
This is a frightening situation.

@Steelslady
Your right, maybe mom was visiting family in CT headed back to AZ. Or maybe vice versa.
But has not arrived.
The silver alert concerns me.
Hoping they are contacting toll booths CCTV. Tracking any on Star if any.
Maybe moms ph is dead.
This is a frightening situation.
I'm going to have to go back and find the article. But one of the MSM articles stated mom is 35 and that one of the children has a disability...time to dig again...

I found a WY listing age 30's
It list a Coventry CT
And possible AZ
Address.
Public records in AZ
Possible family members
Not finding connections to photo of mom.
So clearly someone knew she was traveling with the kids, but why report them missing?

Something isn't adding up. I wonder if the Mom was originally from Arizona and just decided to visit with family? We had a case on here not too long ago, where two teenage girls went with their mother to another state, and they were reported missing and endangered. Thankfully, they were found safe- it appeared to be some kind of revenge thing from the Dad. We have no idea if that is the case here at all, though. Nothing so far about their father. We don't even know who reported them missing.

I just find it strange that there is no photo of the Mom what so ever. Especially since she has them. Do they think she's going to harm the children in some way?

Yes...agreed...we need more info. And a picture of mom could prove to be very helpful. She has to stop for gas eventually...someone at a gas station/convenience store would possibly recognize her if missing fliers included her picture.

CT routinely uses Silver Alerts for anyone missing under age 18.

CT State Police explain difference between Amber Alert and Silver Alert

However, I'm a little stumped in this case. If there is a concern for the children's well-being, and this is a parental abduction, it possibly could have reached Amber Alert level. And given that they believe the mom may have crossed state lines, might have been a good idea.

AMBER Alert - Guidelines

But they've released SO little info, it's really hard to make a judgment about their judgment call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back