Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@annekris from prior thread:
Avon self storage is on list because MT and FD were friends w/ the owners, the owners had attended party at 4JX the night before the crime, and the day of the crime, one of MTs alibi was returning an item to the owners at their place of business.

@Ruminations from prior thread:

RuminationsEating ice cream.

RSBM: I agree it's possible FD hoped the phone or car would be stolen. I don't see where FD thinking was sophisticated enough to say, oh, let me put a weather tec mat on Albany so I can blame a homeless guy. If he did think that, he's stupid. For one thing, I am sure JD Suburban had tracking. Can't remember if AW states that. How would a homeless guy in Hartford get to NC, 1.5 hours away, just happen to pick JD to victimize. Why would someone just take the mat and leave everything else. For sure though, the way things went down in the garage was very surprising and FD head was exploding trying to figure things out. MOO.
ETA: I am not at all discounting your idea about what FD may have thought about leaving the items on Albany. LE would have found the idea laughable that a homeless guy in Hartford would have traveled to WP and made it back to Albany with JD clothes, knife, pillow, mop, paper towels, garbage bags. All those items would have been checked for FD DNA anyway. MOO.
Thanks BellaVita,

Of course it’s laughable that a homeless person did it. (I have worked with homeless people. They travel! Just not to murder- murderers are usually housed involuntarily.)

It’s laughable and insulting to a generally law abiding population. It is laughable and insulting that Jennifer did a gone girl or revenge suicide. It is laughable and insulting that EE was a handyman with something to hide. There’s a pattern, no?

The fact that is laughable doesn’t detract from my theory. It’s not to frame. It’s to send minds in various directions even if only for a moment.

That said, the DNA is an issue, as you point out. I think Fotis and Co. figured they were dumping in an area where bodily secretions are just part of the scenery. And it was far enough away he may have thought that it being Jennifer’s blood would not have come to mind. (In fact they were likely dumping in an area where the residents knew one another better than in his neighborhood. I don’t know, but I am guessing from other posters whose descriptions sound like neighborhoods I have seen.)

@alkalai13 from prior thread:

Since it's been mentioned what a ghost town Bishop's Corner can be at night, I will say that Starbucks is usually also dead on a Friday around 7. Crown Market next door closes early for Shabbat, so the parking lot behind the building is pretty deserted.

Not sure why the Crossroads Plaza address is used for the cell tower SW though. Also not sure if 26 actually corresponds to a business or not.

@thekirbyfamily from prior thread:

thekirbyfamilyNo Longer Stuck in Connecticut...Wooohooo!!!

Avon self storage is on list because MT and FD were friends w/ the owners, the owners had attended party at 4JX the night before the crime, and the day of the crime, one of MTs alibi was returning an item to the owners at their place of business.
I believe the water skiing pond is right behind the storage also.

@thekirbyfamily from prior thread:

isabella88 said:
Yes! The "father" of my sister's children lives outside the states in an island country I will not name. The one time he showed interest in seeing them, he was the one that dropped the ball because he had to sign off on their passage. I cannot imagine that the CT courts, given the acrimonious divorce, would clear those kids to leave the US with FD.

@thekirbyfamily:

But remember the whole line of thinking that had he just got them in his possession, even just the oldest two, he would have used (and had access to) very unconventional methods from there on out.

@Alathea from prior thread:

Yes. Fd did NOT follow the law. He could have flown them out (he had a pilot friend, no?) or used other means illegally.

But worse than that, their lives would have been in danger with him. He proved that by taking his own life, which was sad, but could have been much worse had the kids been with him.

@MollyDDD from prior thread:

isabella88 said:
Yep, FD said to his kids that everyone "has their limits". I cannot think of a bigger insult after killing their mother. JMO.

@MollyDDD:
A loving parent will go to the ends of the Earth to protect their children, it’s instinctive. But all this guy could muster up was “sorry kiddos but I’d rather be dead than go to prison for killing your Mom.” Nice legacy you left for your kids, “Dad”.

@Dacaesar esar from prior thread:
BellaVita said:
RSBM:.

@Dacaesar:

“I don't see where FD thinking was sophisticated enough to say, oh, let me put a weather tec mat on Albany so I can blame a homeless guy. If he did think that, he's stupid.”

From everything we’ve witnessed, it’s a pretty well established fact that FD completely overestimated his own intellectual capacity. The company he kept (MT, KM et al), falsely propped up his facade as a successful and smart business guy. If he wanted to pull off and get away with the “perfect crime, he might’ve at least studied up by binge watching Forensic Files, instead of the movies he chose to view on his vacation. But, he was way too lazy to even do that (thankfully!). Also, he was way too self-absorbed to realize that LE has so many tools at their disposal that he had zero clue even existed.

In the end, he was a not so slick conman that his wife and family had finally caught onto. This only enraged him to no end even further!

At this point, the only mystery to me, is how he made far enough to actually graduate from a very good school like Brown U. I can only surmise that he figured out how to cheat at that too. IMO

@Tink56 from prior thread:

While being a traveling parent with a sports team that ventured into Canada, one of the kid's parents were divorced. Even to cross the border for a sports competition, the custodial parent had to have notarized permission from the X-spouse to allow the child to enter Canada.

It's difficult to abscond with children if they do not have passports and both parents traveling with them. I'm not positive what the current requirements are. It might be different from country to country.

Here's a website that discusses countries that honor U.S. custody agreements:
Parental Child Abduction from US - Ayo and Iken PLC

@Ruminations from prior thread:

RuminationsEating ice cream.

RSBM: I agree it's possible FD hoped the phone or car would be stolen. I don't see where FD thinking was sophisticated enough to say, oh, let me put a weather tec mat on Albany so I can blame a homeless guy. If he did think that, he's stupid. For one thing, I am sure JD Suburban had tracking. Can't remember if AW states that. How would a homeless guy in Hartford get to NC, 1.5 hours away, just happen to pick JD to victimize. Why would someone just take the mat and leave everything else. For sure though, the way things went down in the garage was very surprising and FD head was exploding trying to figure things out. MOO.
ETA: I am not at all discounting your idea about what FD may have thought about leaving the items on Albany. LE would have found the idea laughable that a homeless guy in Hartford would have traveled to WP and made it back to Albany with JD clothes, knife, pillow, mop, paper towels, garbage bags. All those items would have been checked for FD DNA anyway. MOO.
Thanks BellaVita,

Of course it’s laughable that a homeless person did it. (I have worked with homeless people. They travel! Just not to murder- murderers are usually housed involuntarily.)

It’s laughable and insulting to a generally law abiding population. It is laughable and insulting that Jennifer did a gone girl or revenge suicide. It is laughable and insulting that EE was a handyman with something to hide. There’s a pattern, no?

The fact that is laughable doesn’t detract from my theory. It’s not to frame. It’s to send minds in various directions even if only for a moment.

That said, the DNA is an issue, as you point out. I think Fotis and Co. figured they were dumping in an area where bodily secretions are just part of the scenery. And it was far enough away he may have thought that it being Jennifer’s blood would not have come to mind. (In fact they were likely dumping in an area where the residents knew one another better than in his neighborhood. I don’t know, but I am guessing from other posters whose descriptions sound like neighborhoods I have seen.)
IMO
What astounds me, is that someone that got into the universities he did and graduated, could actually think the car would be stolen from Waveny at that time of day? That would require luck and timing. Although cars can get stolen from nice parks, there are way too many people coming and going with dogs and runners for potential thieves to stick around and break into cars. If anything most people will look for the owner and then call the police if they see a vehicle running at a park. Dog owners and runners always watch out for each other....
Alerting the police even sooner.
I think his thinking was clouded by rage and possible drug use coupled with bad counsel from his associates MT and KM and more importantly running out of time, with a court date looming to show his finances, which were in very bad - bankruptcy shape - and he was not willing to go down the road to poverty.
Getting rid of JFD was his ticket to maintaining his lifestyle, with the added benefits of :
Revenge and custody of the 5 kids.
He just planned poorly.
All his plans had to be changed on the fly and they made rookie mistakes - thank goodness.
Too bad JD did not have surveillance cameras and a security staff to help keep them all safe. FD would have never been given this opportunity.
But that is dreamland thinking now.
Rest in peace JFD, let's hope we can finally find her remains and give her a proper resting place...

@BellaVita from prior thread:

@kay74, AMEN!

Yes, Fd made this choice of choosing MT and her daughter (or digging his heels in because he 'respectfully disagreed with Judge Heller about her decision to exclude MT and daughter from visits with the 5 Dulos children) but in doing so IMO he effectively weaponised his children against JFd who was then dealing with the 5 children on her own and had at least 1 child in severe emotional distress during this period such that CPS involvement was recommended by that childs' psychologist.

I'm writing this post after thinking about the extent of the distress endured by JFd and the 5 children for nearly 10 months as Fd chose to not comply with Judge Hellers ruling on removing MT and her daughter from 4Jx during visitation of the children. I'm struggling greatly to understand what kind of couple (I'm putting MT and Fd together here) makes such a choice to inflict pain and confusion on children? Answering my own question I would have to only use the words "monsters and insensitive human being focused only on themselves". The fact that MT could be party to such an action and did so being a mother herself IMO makes the situation absolutely impossible to understand what she was thinking about other than herself and preserving whatever relationship she had with Fd. Just giving thought to the possible role of MT in this decision simply is IMO enraging as I don't for a second believe that Fd made the decision in a vacuum without discussing it with MT. Nope, don't buy it. I also do wonder if MT very much fanned the flames of the situation by getting angry every time she and her daughter had to vacate 4Jx. I very much believe that MT was willing to pretty much do or say anything in order to maintain her title as "Queen of 4Jx" and if that included inflicting pain on JFd and the 5 Dulos children then it was no skin off her back at all IMO.

BUT, I can't but help taking that then entire scenario and putting yourself in the shoes of then 44 year old MT, a single mother of one child. What was she thinking? Did she care about just herself? Did she give any consideration to the impact of living amidst a contentious divorce with Fd might have on her daughter? Did she care about the impact on the 5 Dulos children of not seeing their father for 10 months? Or, was she totally in sync with Fd on the decision because it meant punishing JFd and inflicting pain on the 5 Dulos children (some of whom might have been too young to understand why they couldn't see their father).

It's hard not to believe IMO that MT supported the Fd decision fully to not see his children and if this is true it sheds quite a bit of light I think on her maturity, emotional development and who she is as a human being.

What kind of life and relationship or family life even could have been happening at 4Jx during this period of Fd not having contact with his children? What could the partner of Fd been thinking about regarding herself, Fd, her child and their relationship? Did either MT or Fd give any consideration to the impact of the Fd choice/decision on the 5 small Dulos children or JFd who was left to sweep up the pieces? What role did MT play in the Fd choice? Did MT issue an 'ultimatum' and said I hate being excluded and made to leave the house every time the children come and you have to chose between them and me? Did Fd even consult MT about his choice and it really had zero to do with the children but rather was about being told what to do by Judge Heller?

IMO none of what was playing out then in Family Court happened in a vacuum and to me it seems that MT might have also been selfishly supportive of the lack of visitation of the 5 Dulos children as it meant that Fd was present at 4Jx with her and not distracted during this period.

IDK but I keep coming back to this period of time when Fd didn't have access to his children and then I start to wonder about the partner of that person who also happened to be a mother and trying to figure out why the partner seemed to do nothing to push for resolution of the situation sooner (be it complying with the required therapy or parenting classes etc. or even agreeing with the terms of the Judge Heller order). I guess I cannot fathom any partner not caring about the impact of the decision on the 5 children and not be aware of the psychological damage it was inflicting on all parties involved (particularly if you mother was a psychologist and you yourself allegedly had a degree in psychology). I then wonder though if this period was the beginning of a well thought out plan to bring JFd to her knees by inflicting pain on the children which clearly were here life?

This period of time was crucial IMO in the divorce proceeding and MT was front and centre for all of it and seemed to have zero impact on resolving the situation. Was it because it suited her goals? Did she herself want to inflict pain and harm on JFd and the children? Is this just who she is and she frankly didn't care one way or another and left this in Fd hands? Any of these possibilities seem to say quite a lot about MT and her possible feeling of hate towards JFd and IMO also speak clearly to the issue of motive of MT in the plan to murder JFd.

MOO
I don't think for one minute that FD ever did anything he didn't want to do just because MT told him. Responding specifically to this as these are my own thoughts before I even read your own:
I then wonder though if this period was the beginning of a well thought out plan to bring JFd to her knees by inflicting pain on the children which clearly were here life?

I 100% agree that this was a way to inflict pain on JD. I wonder how she felt knowing that FD did not care enough to regularly see his children while MT and her daughter were both living at 4JC. How do you explain the situation to the kids? What was FD telling them in the calls/visits where Greek was spoken? FD was the type of guy where he wants what he wants. He wanted MT there with the kids. He knew JD did not want that. MT probably wanted to be there too. The judge ruled against him. So, what is the definition of WIN-NING in this scenario? Stop seeing your kids, hurt them more just so FD can show everyone that he does whatever he wants to do.

Well said! What is also "impossible to understand" is Anna Curry's motivation to support her long time "friend" FD (financially & emotionally)? Baffles me to no end. Why step into such a mess, unless he was threatening to take his life and her loyalty to a friend, any friend, would be to stop everything and support them. IDK. Hmmm.

Well said! What is also "impossible to understand" is Anna Curry's motivation to support her long time "friend" FD (financially & emotionally)? Baffles me to no end. Why step into such a mess, unless he was threatening to take his life and her loyalty to a friend, any friend, would be to stop everything and support them. IDK. Hmmm.
Who knows, maybe he was one of her biggest investors and she was the Big Fake Greek Benefactor.

Did anyone pick up on the second installment of the AirMail articles how FD set his alarm for 4:20 (or 40) and then got up - that he had spent his night apart from his paramour? I thought that was odd and conflicting with what we do know (or think we know).

I think the whole story w/AC really is that FD was ‘love bombing’ her and he obviously knew how to hook women and reel them in. His mask didn’t fall yet w/AC because he needed her (money and admiration). Love bombing is very very powerful and as much as I hate to admit FD being good at anything he was obviously very very good at this sociopathic type of charm. MOO

I think the whole story w/AC really is that FD was ‘love bombing’ her and he obviously knew how to hook women and reel them in. His mask didn’t fall yet w/AC because he needed her (money and admiration). Love bombing is very very powerful and as much as I hate to admit FD being good at anything he was obviously very very good at this sociopathic type of charm. MOO

I can picture him saying "AC we can finally be together, but you must help me. I am being framed for murder. ...It is all so crazy... I cannot leave my house." Maybe he used to see her on his way to FL for his water ski trips. He could have presented MT and JD as his tormentors. Alternatively, maybe he introduced her to MT and JD and she did handle some of the money so she thought she was being a good investment advisor and helping him out. We know that what was inside FD's head was crazy because even he had to bail out. IMO

Do we know if AC went back to NC? No charges for her? Imagine her head is reeling, IMO.

I can picture him saying "AC we can finally be together, but you must help me. I am being framed for murder. ...It is all so crazy... I cannot leave my house." Maybe he used to see her on his way to FL for his water ski trips. He could have presented MT and JD as his tormentors. Alternatively, maybe he introduced her to MT and JD and she did handle some of the money so she thought she was being a good investment advisor and helping him out. We know that what was inside FD's head was crazy because even he had to bail out. IMO

Do we know if AC went back to NC? No charges for her? Imagine her head is reeling, IMO.
100% see this playing out any / all of the above scenarios, i.e. FD keeping AC in his roster of affairs or even on deck for a future affair would 100% match the pathology of this personality MOO. AC definitely left 4JX and offered/wants/maybe already has FDs cat that was left behind. IMO she is 100% responsible for her part helping this monster even if he had hoodwinked her, and at the sane time she is very very lucky if all she lost was the $400,000 of bail fees, look at where JFd and MT ended up. MOO

I haven’t spent much time thinking about the doctored license plate since May, but occasionally wondered why it was never picked up on a license plate reader anywhere between Farmington and New Canaan (or anywhere else, for that matter, that we know of). But last night, my police captain friend came over for dinner, and I asked him how this could be. He doesn't know how they do things in CT (he’s in NY), but he told me that in NY, the patrolman/trooper would set the parameters himself, based on what he is looking for that day. For example, he might set the reader to pick up only stolen cars and unregistered vehicles. He also suggested that if tape was used to alter the plate, it is possible (but he wasn’t sure) that the reader could not read it, because the tape wasn’t raised in some places where it sat flush against the plate. It may matter less now because Fd is dead, but I bring it up only because we don’t know which vehicle it was used on, or who drove that vehicle.

Did anyone pick up on the second installment of the AirMail articles how FD set his alarm for 4:20 (or 40) and then got up - that he had spent his night apart from his paramour? I thought that was odd and conflicting with what we do know (or think we know).
I picked that up also but there is no public info to support that. I think that may just have been poorly worded. Parts of the article were weird. LE would know where FD phone was the entire time leading up to the murder. If FD had spent the night at MS, he likely would have left the phone at 4JC overnight and MT would had to have been the one turning off the alarm at 4:21. Also, the lie from MT finally saying she had in fact not seen FD that morning: hard to believe that the 4:20 alarm did not wake her up as well. I would like to know how many times in the past FD was awoken by an alarm at 4:20. Doesn't seem likely very often. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain