Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
High profile bailbondsman Ira Judelson had lined up a company that was apparently willing to put up fD’s bond, after this particular issue arose in January of 2020-unfortunately, fD had checked out before he could be notified. Since hindsight is 20/20, I imagine Judelson and whatever financing company must be so relieved that it didn’t get that far, considering what fD was prepared to do, to keep himself out of jail. Amazing, though, that a guy’s sole access to money, was through his soon-to-be ex, and still he was able to have access to huge amounts of money for his bond. I do wonder, when you see someone in your community that you perceive as wealthy, how much sand that wealthy is really built on?

High profile bailbondsman Ira Judelson had lined up a company that was apparently willing to put up fD’s bond, after this particular issue arose in January of 2020-unfortunately, fD had checked out before he could be notified. Since hindsight is 20/20, I imagine Judelson and whatever financing company must be so relieved that it didn’t get that far, considering what fD was prepared to do, to keep himself out of jail. Amazing, though, that a guy’s sole access to money, was through his soon-to-be ex, and still he was able to have access to huge amounts of money for his bond. I do wonder, when you see someone in your community that you perceive as wealthy, how much sand that wealthy is really built on?
I've said from the beginning that FD committed suicide not because he was likely going to jail after the emergency bond hearing but because he had been unmasked as a man with absolutely no means of his own.

Unfortunately, for individuals like FD, a skilled narc, their resources (of people with means) can be plentiful. In this case, the emergency bond hearing was postponed until the next day.

At the hearing, while FD in hospital, the parties agreed NOT to revoke FD's bond with approval by the Court. Instead, the Court raised his bond another $500,000 to where had FD recovered, he would have needed to post a new bond at $6.5M to remain out of jail. And by the end of the day, Pattis had lined up others such as Judelson that were willing to take over his previous bond rescinded by Palmetto.

AC, a wealth woman, would have likely paid the bond premium and found others in her circle willing to pledge real estate as collateral for the underwriter. Thus the enabling of a killer would rinse and repeat. Not much different than exists today in CT with defendants MT and KM. MOO

A new arrest warrant was established for Dulos and his bond was raised from $6 million to $6.5 million, but the moves are considered technicalities that will allow his family to visit him in what could be his final hours or days. If he recovers, the legal decision also will allow him to return to Connecticut, accompanied by Pattis or Smith, because his attorneys waived extradition.

"This was a humane outcome," Smith said outside of court. "It allows his family to see him, and it gives the state [of Connecticut] a guarantee that he will return should he recover."

I've said from the beginning that FD committed suicide not because he was likely going to jail after the emergency bond hearing but because he had been unmasked as a man with absolutely no means of his own.

Unfortunately, for individuals like FD, a skilled narc, their resources (of people with means) can be plentiful. In this case, the emergency bond hearing was postponed until the next day.

At the hearing, while FD in hospital, the parties agreed NOT to revoke FD's bond with approval by the Court. Instead, the Court raised his bond another $500,000 to where had FD recovered, he would have needed to post a new bond at $6.5M to remain out of jail. And by the end of the day, Pattis had lined up others such as Judelson that were willing to take over his previous bond rescinded by Palmetto.

AC, a wealth woman, would have likely paid the bond premium and found others in her circle willing to pledge real estate as collateral for the underwriter. Thus the enabling of a killer would rinse and repeat. Not much different than exists today in CT with defendants MT and KM. MOO

A new arrest warrant was established for Dulos and his bond was raised from $6 million to $6.5 million, but the moves are considered technicalities that will allow his family to visit him in what could be his final hours or days. If he recovers, the legal decision also will allow him to return to Connecticut, accompanied by Pattis or Smith, because his attorneys waived extradition.

"This was a humane outcome," Smith said outside of court. "It allows his family to see him, and it gives the state [of Connecticut] a guarantee that he will return should he recover."
You could very well be right about the reason why he killed himself. And it probably also factored into his divorce battle with Jennifer. After all, if Jennifer left, so did the money. He didn’t want her to leave, even though he was done with her as a wife. Then, when it was clear that she was not going to live in HER house with fD’s concubine and daughter, he battled for the money. HE was the reason for all of those issues in the divorce. He is the one who dragged it out. He came in essentially with nothing, and should have left with something, but he wanted everything. I am quite sure that everyone thought the money was his, from “building” those houses, but they didn’t realize that without the Farber money, he would still have been working for someone else, at Cap Gemini, or somewhere else like it. I have a neighbor who reminds me a little of fD. He even looks a little like him. He has been telling everyone that he owns a big chunk of our property, but only owns a half acre. The guy told me once that he didn’t want to move, but wanted a bigger yard (so I told him he couldn’t have mine). He started using it anyway, cutting down our trees, dumping, etc…we had to have that property staked and posted and told him to get all of his crap out of there-he said he would but then didn’t. We had to hire a lawyer and threaten him with $10k/day fines and possible prison if he didn’t. People like this “manifest”, and try to get people to perceive them in a certain way-I think you are right about fD. I really don’t think he believed he was going to go to prison-but he couldn’t bear to be a guy with no money, or a guy that people believed was a killer. He thought it was perfectly planned…the police had it figured out

You could very well be right about the reason why he killed himself. And it probably also factored into his divorce battle with Jennifer. After all, if Jennifer left, so did the money.
^^rsbm

Seeing his mounting legal bills, FD tired of the divorce battle and decided murdering Jennifer would be a solution to all his problems.

He thought he'd be widow and legal heir to JD's estate unless she provided otherwise.

And he obviously believed he could just drive over and collect his children, no custody questions asked, and where he'd soon have access to their trusts. I think he was shocked to learn that 'supervised visits only' remained in effect when JD reported missing.

^^rsbm

Seeing his mounting legal bills, FD tired of the divorce battle and decided murdering Jennifer would be a solution to all his problems.

He thought he'd be widow and legal heir to JD's estate unless she provided otherwise.

And he obviously believed he could just drive over and collect his children, no custody questions asked, and where he'd soon have access to their trusts. I think he was shocked to learn that 'supervised visits only' remained in effect when JD reported missing.
I just keep thanking God that the nanny, and more importantly, GF, made sure he did not get those children. Can you imagine all the possibilities that could have ensued, if he got them?

You could very well be right about the reason why he killed himself. And it probably also factored into his divorce battle with Jennifer. After all, if Jennifer left, so did the money. He didn’t want her to leave, even though he was done with her as a wife.

He thought it was perfectly planned…the police had it figured out
rsbm

Too bad the family court didn't have it figured out...jmho.

I really appreciate all of you keeping vigil and posting here for Jennifer, with all your collective knowledge, well after everything went south, so terribly unjustly, IMO (when fD offed himself).

I still can't believe it was 4 years ago now since she was murdered by her soon to be ex who annihilated his own family, his innocent wife and the loving mother of their 5 children.

I've been so beyond disgusted by the lack of progression on Jennifer's murder case, and other related things/people/courts there in CT, the land of malfeasance IMO, where it seems like there's a welcome mat set out for wealthy pirates and privateers to come have at it and wreak havoc wherever they land.

I guess I just haven't had the stomach for all of it for awhile now, besides having to step away for personal reasons. MT and KM set my teeth on edge, and so do their crooked cohorts.

You're all such an ongoing inspiration, I'm going to try to get back on the horse and re-resolve to stand up for Justice for Jennifer all the way to the conclusion of things !

Thanks again to you all here for carrying the torch !

I really appreciate all of you keeping vigil and posting here for Jennifer, with all your collective knowledge, well after everything went south, so terribly unjustly, IMO (when fD offed himself).

I still can't believe it was 4 years ago now since she was murdered by her soon to be ex who annihilated his own family, his innocent wife and the loving mother of their 5 children.

I've been so beyond disgusted by the lack of progression on Jennifer's murder case, and other related things/people/courts there in CT, the land of malfeasance IMO, where it seems like there's a welcome mat set out for wealthy pirates and privateers to come have at it and wreak havoc wherever they land.

I guess I just haven't had the stomach for all of it for awhile now, besides having to step away for personal reasons. MT and KM set my teeth on edge, and so do their crooked cohorts.

You're all such an ongoing inspiration, I'm going to try to get back on the horse and re-resolve to stand up for Justice for Jennifer all the way to the conclusion of things !

Thanks again to you all here for carrying the torch !
While the frustration at the slow pace of this case is understandable, and certainly there are deep seated problems within the CT judicial system, it is also worth keeping in mind the interests of those who stand to suffer most during this trial, namely the 5 children.

The slow pace of justice, while understandable, can be frustrating to everyone who loves Jennifer or who has been moved by her story,” Luft said. “At the same time, we are grateful that Jennifer’s kids have been able to grow up in relative privacy for almost four years, without the pressure and scrutiny of a trial.”

Jennifer Dulos’ Killer Cleaned The Crime Scene, But The Evidence Still Pointed To 1 Suspect

While the frustration at the slow pace of this case is understandable, and certainly there are deep seated problems within the CT judicial system, it is also worth keeping in mind the interests of those who stand to suffer most during this trial, namely the 5 children.

The slow pace of justice, while understandable, can be frustrating to everyone who loves Jennifer or who has been moved by her story,” Luft said. “At the same time, we are grateful that Jennifer’s kids have been able to grow up in relative privacy for almost four years, without the pressure and scrutiny of a trial.”

Jennifer Dulos’ Killer Cleaned The Crime Scene, But The Evidence Still Pointed To 1 Suspect
There is something to be said for this-I’m ok with the “slow pace of justice”, if it makes life a little easier for those 5 children and their grandmother.

There is something to be said for this-I’m ok with the “slow pace of justice”, if it makes life a little easier for those 5 children and their grandmother.
Delay has been a win-win, allowing MT to spend time with her daughter as well, though.

Whatever Colangelo’s faults were, he always prioritized the wishes of victims.

This also means that a plea deal would likely be preferable to avoid the gory details of a trial.
We may see that with KM, in my view (although his is the weaker case from all appearances) but MT seems determined to masquerade her innocence at all costs.
As a parent herself, she no doubt knows the pain a trial could inflict on the kids, and seems determined to leverage that. Thus her toggling between insistence on admitting the family court psych report, which probably contains painful details about the kids if even indirectly, with motions to drop charges. She’s like, see what I can do? Ok well here’s an out.

Of course what would matter most to the kids would be finding JD or at least knowing what happened to her. Likely neither defendant has that in their back pocket though.

There is also the possibility of a civil suit by the family against one or both, after the criminal case is resolved.

MOO

There is also the possibility of a civil suit by the family against one or both, after the criminal case is resolved.
^^rsbm

I think that ship has sailed since notice of claim and/or intent to claim has a two year statute from date of death.

CT link doesn't say who has standing to sue-- only that a personal rep for the estate of victim has to file the claim.

I think MSM would have been all over it if a notice filed anytime before May 2021. JMO

^^rsbm

I think that ship has sailed since notice of claim and/or intent to claim has a two year statute from date of death.

CT link doesn't say who has standing to sue-- only that a personal rep for the estate of victim has to file the claim.

I think MSM would have been all over it if a notice filed anytime before May 2021. JMO

Did they ever get JD declared legally deceased? I know that Gill declared her injuries not survivable, but I recall for FDs estate and 401K (perhaps) there was some back and forth regarding declaring her dead.

Good question. I can't find anything that states this. Curious also.

A probate court judge will not need to declare Jennifer Dulos dead in order for her estranged husband’s estate to access his individual retirement account, according to an agreement signed this week by her family.
“Further considering the unfortunate publicity and stress that would be imposed on her children if the court requires extensive evidence to be given to determine if Jennifer Farber Dulos did in fact predecease her late husband, the undersigned on behalf of Jennifer Farber Dulos and acting in her best interests, irrevocably waives any interest in the IRA,” Alter said.”

Did they ever get JD declared legally deceased? I know that Gill declared her injuries not survivable, but I recall for FDs estate and 401K (perhaps) there was some back and forth regarding declaring her dead.
For purposes of wrongful death claim, I believe the notice of claim follows the police investigation time of death and not the declaratory presumption at 7 years. JMO

Universal Citation: CT Gen Stat § 45a-329 (2012)

(a) Any person who has been absent from his home and unheard of for a period of seven or more years shall be presumed to be dead.

[..]

Presumption of death is one of death only and not of time of death. 7 CS 106.

I wanted to know the dates of MT's next court date this morning. When I used CT Court Case Lookup, here's the posting for MT. NOTHING is listed under her name.

THE SITE WAS UPDATING....SORRY:
Here's the information 4 minutes later:
Criminal / Motor Vehicle Pending Cases Name Summary
Information is accurate as of June 17, 2023 04:50 AM
Search By: Defendant = TROCONIS,First Initial = M
Record Count: 3
Defendant (Last, First)Birth YearCourtNext Activity/StatusNext Activity/Status DateHearing TypeDocket No.
TROCONIS MICHELLE
1974​
Stamford JDPre-Trial06/22/2023 02:00 PMFST -CR19-0167364-T
TROCONIS MICHELLE
1974​
Stamford JDPre-Trial06/22/2023 02:00 PMFST -CR20-0241178-T
TROCONIS MICHELLE C
1974​
Stamford JDPre-Trial06/22/2023 02:00 PMFST -CR19-0148553-T

Last edited:
Thursday, then?

Will I see this again?

View attachment 429457
image from WJAR

Minus Atty Bowman, of course.

jmho ymmv lrr
Oh please, oh please! Let us see her dressed once again in a prison jumpsuit! I am pretty sure that when it’s all over, KM will be in one, once again-I hope she will be, too.

I have in my notes that they should be setting a trial date at this hearing. And thanks - @Tink56 - I did not have the time for this hearing!

and - schedule dates for pending motions...
:)

edited to add my notes!
5/26/23 Update: Attorney Jon Schoenhorn will not be removed from the Troconis case. The initial motion to disqualify him was due, in part, to the possibility the State would call him as a witness to testify about a box of evidence turned over to police in March, 2021. That’s now moot because both sides have stipulated to not introduce that evidence at trial. The State still thought there could be a conflict of interest, so at a hearing today, Judge Gary White questioned Troconis & she waived any potential conflicts. With this issue decided, the case can finally move forward. Judge Kevin Randolph will be the trial judge. The next court date is set for 6/22/23 where both sides are expected to schedule days for the remaining motions to be argued & potentially set a trial date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces