GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is why I wish Connecticut a brought back the death penalty... Although that would have been more tax dollars wasted trying to appeal it

I have followed hundreds of crimes over the years and written about many of them. NONE have gotten to me the way that this one did. What the family went through was horrific and the fact that LE was right there just infuriates me. It was all so needless. This is the one crime that I sometimes find myself thinking about in the middle of the night. I like to pop back in every once in a while and read the old posts on it.

Cheshire triple killer’s request for new trial headed to CT Supreme Court

September 17, 2019

"HARTFORD — One of the two men convicted of the brutal 2007 home invasion and slayings of a Cheshire mother and her two daughters will be granted the right to argue to the state Supreme Court next month that he deserves a new trial, according to court documents.

State high court documents show lawyers for Joshua Komisarjevsky will be in court at 11 a.m. Oct. 17 to argue in part that their client is entitled to a new trial because he can “show that actual prejudice affected the jury.”

“In addition, the defendant claims that the state violated Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), which requires that the prosecution disclose to the defense all evidence that might exonerate the defendant, by failing to disclose 132 pages of letters written by his codefendant, Steven Hayes, and six recordings of police communications from the date of the incident,” documents show. ...."

t1larg.petit.family.jpg

September 17, 2019

"HARTFORD — One of the two men convicted of the brutal 2007 home invasion and slayings of a Cheshire mother and her two daughters will be granted the right to argue to the state Supreme Court next month that he deserves a new trial, according to court documents.

State high court documents show lawyers for Joshua Komisarjevsky will be in court at 11 a.m. Oct. 17 to argue in part that their client is entitled to a new trial because he can “show that actual prejudice affected the jury.”

“In addition, the defendant claims that the state violated Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), which requires that the prosecution disclose to the defense all evidence that might exonerate the defendant, by failing to disclose 132 pages of letters written by his codefendant, Steven Hayes, and six recordings of police communications from the date of the incident,” documents show. ...."

t1larg.petit.family.jpg

This is infuriating it is a great pity he wasn’t executed long ago. Mr. Petit and his family have suffered enough putting them through these additional stresses is absolutely disgusting. I hope and pray the monster does not succeed.

Attorney for Cheshire home invasion killer Joshua Komisarjevsky argues for new trial before Connecticut Supreme Court

OCT 17, 2019

"An attorney for Cheshire home invasion killer Joshua Komisarjevsky told the state Supreme Court Thursday that his client’s trial for murdering Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters in July 2007 should not have been held in New Haven because the jury selection process was a “circus” and ruined any chance of a fair trial....

... Holdridge spent nearly his entire allotted 45 minutes arguing that the trial judge should have granted a change of venue by Komisarjevsky’s trial attorneys and moved the case to Stamford as suggested by a consultant the defense hired to gauge the jury pool in New Haven.

Holdridge cited several reasons why Superior Court Judge Jon Blue should have moved the 2011 trial from New Haven, including that Hayes had already been convicted the year before, the intense media coverage of the horrific murders and a study done by the defense that showed 70 percent of the residents in New Haven County had closely followed the case. The jury consultant recommended moving the trial to Stamford where slightly less than 50 percent of potential jurors said they closely followed the case....

But the justices questioned Holdridge’s premise about the jury bias, pointing out that Connecticut has an extensive voir dire process to weed out anyone who may hold a bias against a defendant or may know too much about a case to be impartial.

“The issue here is did he get a fair trial and I haven’t heard yet how you are proving that he didn’t,” Chief Justice Richard Robinson said.

Robinson added he was having a hard time seeing where you’d draw the line on what makes a case notorious because “Connecticut has had many notorious cases over the years.”...

Assistant State’s Attorney Marjorie Allen Dauster said the state didn’t agree to moving the trial because the defense didn’t show that they couldn’t get a fair trial in New Haven.

“The publicity [about this case] was statewide,” Dauster said. “There was no difference anywhere in the state ..."..."

Attorney for Cheshire home invasion killer Joshua Komisarjevsky argues for new trial before Connecticut Supreme Court

Convicted Cheshire killer Steven Hayes told a podcast host in a recent interview that he is transgender and is undergoing hormone therapy in prison, according to the New Haven Register.

Hayes, who is serving six life sentences in a Pennsylvania prison, was convicted along with Joshua Komisarjevsky for the 2007 home invasion killings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters — Michaela, 11, and Hayley, 17, in Cheshire.
Convicted Cheshire Killer Says He's Transgender: Report

Between that utter waste of skin JK and his ludicrous request for a new trial (you're guilty and everyone knows it, stop wasting our time) and this other waste of skin, this case just infuriates me. The injustice just doesn't stop.

I just watched the HBO documentary, The Cheshire Murders, tonight. It was done in 2013, but somehow I missed it. Anyway, I thought it was very well done and it's available on Amazon Prime for rent if any of you are interested. And I'm enraged about this slaughter all over again. So unnecessary. Those beautiful girls and their wonderful Mother...

I just watched the HBO documentary, The Cheshire Murders, tonight. It was done in 2013, but somehow I missed it. Anyway, I thought it was very well done and it's available on Amazon Prime for rent if any of you are interested. And I'm enraged about this slaughter all over again. So unnecessary. Those beautiful girls and their wonderful Mother...
Yes, it’s a great documentary. One of the saddest crimes I’ve ever followed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back