CT - Kevin Jiang, 26, Yale grad student, fatally shot off campus, New Haven, 6 Feb 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it's been 3 days since the last update from the US Marshals, right? I can't believe this guy (QP) hasn't been located yet!

This case really disturbs me... The calousness of how it allegedly unfolded, with each evil act seemingly meticulously calculated towards an end goal (KJ's violent death), leads me to fear for the safety of my neighbor folks in Georgia (if that is where he actually is!).

Where could he be?

He is not some crazy person who is going to just randomly kill people. He had a purpose for killing Kevin. I don't think it will be very easy to locate him given how he looks.

He is not some crazy person who is going to just randomly kill people. He had a purpose for killing Kevin. I don't think it will be very easy to locate him given how he looks.
We don’t know that though. It has been generally mentioned that he might have been mentally unstable for a long time. He’s considered armed and dangerous.

My guess is that he already killed himself, but still.

If anyone.has FB can you let us know what Pan's postings are?

He goes by the Qi spelling not the Qua. I can see the front/cover page. A birthday cake. Ummm an MIT POLICE patch. A photo with a young lady. The other thing?? Something plugged in. TIA.

This is maddening for us.
LE must be crazy with fury that he has eluded them somehow.

Even more frustrating is that LE questioned him that night near a hotel, but let him go. When I first heard that, I thought, surely LE will get this guy in a day or two. Still nothing. Terrible. Evident that Kevin was a smart young guy just getting started in life, killed apparently for getting engaged to the woman he loved. Senseless tragedy. Someone suggested that Pan may have killed himself or that he has made it to China. Anything is possible. I wish LE had apprehended him that night. I feel for Kevin's loved ones, who have to endure this search on top of an already unthinkable loss. Thinking of Kevin - gone way too soon.

If anyone.has FB can you let us know what Pan's postings are?

He goes by the Qi spelling not the Qua. I can see the front/cover page. A birthday cake. Ummm an MIT POLICE patch. A photo with a young lady. The other thing?? Something plugged in. TIA.

As a former MIT student I can confirm the police patch photo is in commemoration of the MIT officer who was shot and killed during the hunt for the boston marathon bombers. It was a common profile picture at that time for MIT students

As a former MIT student I can confirm the police patch photo is in commemoration of the MIT officer who was shot and killed during the hunt for the boston marathon bombers. It was a common profile picture at that time for MIT students

Thank you so much, Dove. Very much appreciated.

<modsnip>

But seriously, LE needs to tell us exactly where Pan was last spotted last (in which community: Brookhaven or Duluth?) and in what kind of car?. They also need to provide another update on the status of the case in general. Is he still there/here? Otherwise, I do think the odds are increasing - day by day - that somebody is gonna get hurt.

Who knows, maybe Pan is already in China. But either way, the public has a right to know. This guy is "armed and dangerous". He looks like other Chinese guys. There are a few bad sections of Brookhaven, believe it or not. Just sayin. I don't always advocate LE sharing info, but in this case, the more info LE provides the public, the better. People need to call in sightings. This guy is "armed and dangerous". He is perhaps "mentally unstable". This is a bomb waiting to go off.

If Pan hurts somebody down in GA because LE chose not to sufficiently warn the public of his whereabouts, I see a big, big, big, lawsuit coming. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there actually a real possibility that he’s in China, though?

Do we know where he was born? Do we know if he has ever been to China? Oh, and how are the travel restrictions between the US and China?

He might have been born in the US and never even visited China, who knows. Also, if he did manage to travel to China wouldn’t there be proof that he did in fact go?

I don’t know what the travel restrictions are but iirc his Facebook “From” location was Shanghai. He has been in the US for years but presumably still has family or connections in Shanghai.

Is there actually a real possibility that he’s in China, though?

Do we know where he was born? Do we know if he has ever been to China? Oh, and how are the travel restrictions between the US and China?

He might have been born in the US and never even visited China, who knows. Also, if he did manage to travel to China wouldn’t there be proof that he did in fact go?

He was born in Shanghai. Or so some articles through the thread have said.

It is not so straightforward to enter China during this pandemic.

(From a security business website..)
China: International COVID-19-related travel restrictions, localized domestic controls continue as of Feb. 18 /update 33
(Chinese) Authorities require most arriving passengers from abroad to take a nucleic acid COVID-19 test at designated facilities in the country of origin within three days of departure for China. Officials require all authorized inbound passengers from specified countries to provide evidence of both nucleic acid COVID-19 and IgM antibody tests from designated facilities in the departure country within 48 hours of boarding flights and undergo additional COVID-19 tests in each country they transit.

All authorized passengers must apply for a health certificate via the local Chinese diplomatic mission before travel. Chinese citizens must update their information through WeChat to obtain a health code before boarding flights.

China and US regulators continue to limit available flights from each other's countries to eight per week. Authorities also restrict Chinese airlines' international operations and limit capacity on aircraft. Some airlines continue to suspend services to and from mainland China due to significantly decreased demand.

Official: Arrest warrant charges MIT grad student in Yale killing

Police have secured an arrest warrant charging Qinxuan Pan, an MIT graduate student with murder in the shooting death of Kevin Jiang earlier this month.

Matthew Duffy, a U.S. Marshal, confirmed the service is attempting to take Pan into custody on that warrant. The 29-year-old is still believed to be in Georgia, according to Duffy.

New Haven police had previously only named Pan as a person of interest in the fatal Feb. 6 shooting, saying that he was “in the area” on the night Jiang was killed.

New Haven police have not confirmed the warrant’s existence. A police spokesman did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Friday night.
The marshal’s office is offering a reward of $10,000 for information leading to Pan’s apprehension by law enforcement. The U.S. Marshals Violent Fugitive Task Force has also been asked to assist in finding him.

What is Pan's citizanship? I don't know if I have heard. If he is not a Chinese citizen, he would need a visa to enter China. If he is traveling under a US passport, that would have been detected if he flew out of the US or entered another country. I think he is still in the US.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back