CT - Student in costume prompts university lockdown, Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
seeing a report on twitter that his father is a professor at CCSU...

Arturas Rosenbacher ‏@Arturas 2m

3 people in handcuffs. #CCSU
http://www.twitter.com/Arturas
BYQLMmuCQAAPe4B.jpg:large

Josh interviewed by NEws8 saw someone in a similar costume over the weekend on campus adn off for halloween

Lock-down has been lifted

Girl just interviewed said the man's name is David and she knows of him and that he wore same thing for halloween. Her friend lives on 7th floor with the orange shirt suspect.

Per News 8summary

Could this end up being a misunderstanding?

That is what I am starting to think.. I have heard he was upset with his girlfriend and went back to the dorm.. Kids in college love Halloween and I've had a monkey costume run through a class chasing a banana during lecture time...

3 in custody, investigation still going, investigating to see if it was a Halloween prank or misunderstanding. (Guess they still need to ask the 3 some questions and search their dorm rooms?)

https://twitter.com/TheRecorder

Presser. All security systems worked. Notification systems worked. Can not tell you about any of the people that were arrested, it is an ongoing investigation.

Saw him entering the building (on the camera), sword and possible gun. No weapons have been recovered. James hall 4th floor.

911 call was called in, saw him walking then running. Possible Halloween costume.

8 floors 450 beds. All 3 that were arrested were in the same room.

Additional pressers as additional information comes in.

Weird there isn't anything else. I mean I know what LE said but still........my curiosity is piqued now.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/23870217/...own?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
A Central Connecticut State University professor's son was arrested in connection with a campus lockdown...
New Britain police Chief James Wardwell said the person "caused alarm as they walked through campus" and the suspect started running, which could have led to people becoming suspicious....
Officers used the cameras at the residence hall and card swipe system to identify the persons of interest. One person appeared to be armed when entering the residence hall....
Investigators conducted a floor-to-floor search of the residence hall.

"I was pulled on the ground and they tried to search me," said CCSU student Brian Bailor, who added that he was let go after police saw his ID.
At about 3 p.m., David Kyem, who is the son of the professor Peter Kyem, was arrested and charged with breach of peace.

"My son has never held a gun and assured everything was OK," Peter Kyem said.

Peter Kyem confirmed that David Kyem was at a party at the University of Connecticut for three days without a change of clothes. David Kyem took a bus back to CCSU and he was still wearing his Halloween costume because he no change of clothes. ...
Police said they are investigating to determine if the suspicious person was wearing a Halloween costume, but would not comment further.

Peter Kyem said once he saw the video of a man in an orange shirt and handcuffs on the news station, he knew it was his son.

Police said no weapons were recovered and no shots were fired.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/23870217/...own?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

New Britain police Chief James Wardwell said the person "caused alarm as they walked through campus" and the suspect started running, which could have led to people becoming suspicious....
Officers used the cameras at the residence hall and card swipe system to identify the persons of interest. One person appeared to be armed when entering the residence hall....
Investigators conducted a floor-to-floor search of the residence hall.

"I was pulled on the ground and they tried to search me," said CCSU student Brian Bailor, who added that he was let go after police saw his ID.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Hope32. :seeya:

Ima go ahead and say "mmm hmmm". :rolleyes:

That whole thing about not changing clothes for 3 days sounds like some X or meth and I find it hard to believe that just the "costume" would send the campus into a frenzy.

IMO that he was behaving erratically and maybe even encouraging the perception that he was some danger to the campus.

Also, what's up with the roomies getting taken in, too?

Hartford Courant

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78046520/

""Nicholas Federici, a student and former police officer, said he saw a man with a sword and a handgun walking toward James Hall. The man was wearing green Army fatigues, black knee pads and some kind of mask, he said, and he was carrying a backpack that was "very full."

"I heard him drop his bag," he said — which made a noise he described as "a big thud."

Federici, a former police officer, followed from about 10 feet and called it in to police. An officer arrived quickly, he said.

Students who are familiar with the man who was taken into custody said he is a senior at Central. They think the matter was a misunderstanding — that the outfit and weapons that caused alarm might have been part of a Halloween costume, they said.

A friend of the man's drove him to an Army Navy store Thursday, Halloween, to buy the clothing, and some students saw the senior wearing it at a party that night, the students said.

They said they don't know why he was wearing it today."

Federici needs some student orientation lessons or something, IMO.

If its a costume, what was this guy thinking? You can't start running through a campus with guns, fake or not. But now they're saying they didn't find a weapon? Thoroughly confused over here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It was toys, not weapons. (As I thought it would be.) Not certain why this young man is charged with anything or why he had to pay bail though. Three days at a Halloween party is not unusual on any college campus. That is just a weekend party.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-ccsu-lockdown-1105-20131104,0,3821716.story

Kyem's costume, which included camouflage pants, a tactical vest, a mask and a plastic sword and handgun, caused alarm among some students, who called 911 and reported an armed man on campus at about noon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back