Identified! CT - Two unknown women on video, possible SK victims, May'05

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is strange. Unless there is some connection with this guy and CA or the women and CA? I'm assuming ESPD can just contact CSP and sort it out amongst themselves. Weird. But at least things are being passed along.

I darkened the first image:
clhNL.png

and it appears that the woman has thin lips and her cheeks are caved in (could be due to contouring using blush) suggesting that she is older. (40+?)
She also has what looks like flowers in her hair and has makeup on. (Blush, possibly lip stick, eyeshadow)

The image is too grainy and pixelly so I zoomed it out a little (smaller but you can see clearler):
nQ6pl.png

Kinda strange - I got a call from a detective from the El Segundo PD (i.e., my own hometown). The cold-case tipline in Connecticut referred my tip on Christine Cales and Peggy Sue Vinson to ESPD for them to investigate.

Understandably the detective seemed a bit confused about what this case was all about, and who I was, and why he was being asked to get involved. He said that he had a different case that he was also working on, but he would get back to me.

I am also a bit confused as to why ESPD is involved. The Connecticut State Police are the ones who put out the inquiry. Why would they delegate the investigation to ESPD?

Maybe they tracked your ISP?

I wish they released stills at different angles. Can one be Monica Hartnett? We only have one known picture of her, unfortunately. That being said, I'm sure the first thing the PD did was cross reference those women with known missing women so there is a good chance those women are not known to be missing in CT.

He's just been named as a suspect in a CT serial killer case...

Sources Identify Suspected Serial Killer After 7 Bodies Found Behind New Britain Shopping Center
NBC Connecticut
5/12/2015
The man suspected of killing at least seven people and burying their bodies behind a New Britain shopping center has been identified as William Devin Howell, a 45-year-old currently incarcerated at a Connecticut prison on separate manslaughter charges, multiple sources familiar with the investigation tell NBC Connecticut exclusively.

Howell’s current 15-year sentence at the Garner Correctional Institution stems from the homicide of Nilsa Arizmendi, a 33-year-old Wethersfield resident who disappeared in 2003.
Four of the seven victims found behind the shopping center have been identified – all as women who vanished in 2003. The first three sets of remains, found in 2007, belong to Diane Cusack, 55, Mary Jane Menard, 40, and Joyvaline Martinez, 24.

Police said on Monday a fourth set uncovered late last month has been identified as Seymour resident Melanie Camilini, who was 29 years old when she disappeared. Monday would have been her 42nd birthday.

Connecticut serial killer already jailed for 2003 murder of still-missing woman: report
New York Daily News
5/12/2015
One set of remains found in April was identified as Melanie Ruth Camilini, a mother of two who have celebrated her 42nd birthday on Monday, the day cops announced her skeletal remains were among those in the woods.

Camilini also disappeared in 2003.

It’s unclear if one of the sets of remains belongs to Arizmendi. She was last seen alive in Howell’s van in Wethersfield. He’d been known to cut lawns at businesses and homes in and around the Hartford area. His alleged dumping ground in New Britain is just 13 miles from the Connecticut capital city.

Who Is the Suspected New Britain Serial Killer?
NBC Connecticut
5/13/2015
According to court documents, he started opening up to another inmate at the Cheshire Correctional Institute while awaiting trial.

Howell told cellmate Thomas Rodrigues Jr. that he "wanted a speedy trial because the state’s case against him was circumstantial" and that "the state didn’t have a body and he didn’t want the body to show up because it would do him in," affidavits allege. He also told Rodrigues he had beaten up Arizmendi in his van, "breaking her nose and getting blood all over the place."
Now sources say he could hold the key to a case that's been shrouded in mystery since 2007, when investigators dug up the first three sets of remains buried behind that strip mall in New Britain.

Four of the victims have been identified – Diane Cusack, Mary Jane Menard, Joyvaline Martinez, and, most recently, Melanie Camilini – but at least three other bodies, for now, remain nameless.

As an update, Nilsa was identified as one of his victims, along with Danny Lee Whistnant/Janice Roberts.

http://www.centralctcommunications....b5c-f98f-11e4-a607-17b29e8d440b.html?mode=jqm

Here's a more in depth look at the victims: (and another case, unrelated but found nearby) https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2015/06/10/they-keep-finding-bodies-by-my-grandparents-house

I haven't heard anything about these pictures being identified. Carl, have you heard any updates over the years? Kind of weird they called your local PD.

what an eloquent article.

I followed the Honsch case too. I have a hard time finding any media updates.

As an update, Nilsa was identified as one of his victims, along with Danny Lee Whistnant/Janice Roberts.

http://www.centralctcommunications....b5c-f98f-11e4-a607-17b29e8d440b.html?mode=jqm

Here's a more in depth look at the victims: (and another case, unrelated but found nearby) https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2015/06/10/they-keep-finding-bodies-by-my-grandparents-house

I haven't heard anything about these pictures being identified. Carl, have you heard any updates over the years? Kind of weird they called your local PD.

Idk why but it looks like in both of the women's photos they look like they don't have shirts on could they be prostitutes???? Just my opinion ...

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Did LE even ask Howell about the video??

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

William Devlin Howell's other victims had ties to drugs and or prostitution so its possible. the side view still looks as if she is going to take a hit of a pipe possibly.

Idk why but it looks like in both of the women's photos they look like they don't have shirts on could they be prostitutes???? Just my opinion ...

Sent from my SM

Kinda strange - I got a call from a detective from the El Segundo PD (i.e., my own hometown). The cold-case tipline in Connecticut referred my tip on Christine Cales and Peggy Sue Vinson to ESPD for them to investigate.

Understandably the detective seemed a bit confused about what this case was all about, and who I was, and why he was being asked to get involved. He said that he had a different case that he was also working on, but he would get back to me.

I am also a bit confused as to why ESPD is involved. The Connecticut State Police are the ones who put out the inquiry. Why would they delegate the investigation to ESPD?

As a former investigator I think they're prob wanting a local detective to interview you, and find out your legitimacy. As well as making sure you have no inside knowledge of their disappearance, and are trying to put it off on him. I could be totally wrong though.

Howell finally please guilty to the other six murders (he is serving manslaughter for one by the time the first of the bodies was found). Authorities are looking at Howell for a murder in Florida that he may have committed when he was in his early twenties.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/702dfal.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/702dfal.html

PMock1[1].jpghowell-unknown2[1].jpg

Name: Peggy Reaves Mock
Case Classification: Involuntary
Missing Since: December 25, 1992
Location Last Seen: Gadsen, Autauga County, Alabama
Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 2, 1955
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 111-115 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White shirt, blue jeans, and white boots.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
Peggy Reaves Mock was last seen at the War Horse Lounge in Gadsden.
Her purse and other belongings were found near the burned-out Rainbow City nightclub in March 1993. No evidence was found on the items.
Her car was located several weeks later in the parking lot of a Gadsden apartment complex. In the car were some of her personal items. The car may have been parked at the complex several months.
Mock may be in the Jacksonville, Florida area. She lived with her mother until her disappearance.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3735dfmo.html

3735DFMO[1].jpghowell_unknown1[1].jpg

Name: Lisa Marie Beste
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: January 7, 1992
Location Last Seen: Affton, St. Louis County, Missouri
Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1968
Weight: 110-130 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Green
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing: Black leather coat; Blue jeans.
Additional Personal Items: Tennis shoes.
Lisa was last seen on the morning of 01/07/1992. Little is known about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/808dfca.html

howell-unknown2[1].jpgKKrebs[1].jpg

Kristi Suzanne Krebs
Missing since August 9, 1993 from Fort Bragg, Mendocino County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: December 29, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes. She speaks with a slight lisp. Her nickname is "Kris."
Marks, Scars: Krebs' right thumb is deformed; it is thick at the knuckle and the tip of her thumb curves inward. She has several large moles on her neck below her right cheek. Krebs' ears are pierced.
Clothing: Krebs was last seen wearing a royal blue shirt, with Round Table Pizza imprinted on the left front side and baggy blue or gray jeans. Possibly carrying two duffel bags.
Medical: Suffers from a mental disorder with symptoms similar to amnesia.
Dentals: Available

Krebs left her job at Round Table Pizza on August 9, 1993 in Fort Bragg, California, but never arrived at her family's residence. Krebs' red Toyota Tercel was discovered abandoned, with the stereo missing, in a shallow creek in MacKerricher State Park shortly after her disappearance. Her bra, panties, wallet and driver's license were found inside her car, but there was no sign of her at the scene. There were small traces of blood on the dashboard and the front seat, along with shredded identification papers. A few torn-up photographs were scattered nearby. Authorities think that before she abandoned her car, Kristi changed into a gym outfit that she always carried with her. Her work clothes were found, sopping wet and neatly folded, on the backseat.

Krebs had been receiving medical treatment at the time of her disappearance for emotional difficulties. She experienced a similar incident involving her car becoming stuck and burst into flames, in an area near her home in May 1990. The morning after that incident, railroad workers saw Krebs, dazed and disoriented, wandering along the tracks. She was diagnosed as having a psychotic, trauma-related break down.
It is possible that Krebs became disoriented the night she vanished, and had a relapse of a stress-related mental breakdown, as in 1990, which left her not knowing who she was.
Several sightings were reported in Texas, Salt Lake City, and California. Kristi may have been hitchhiking with truckers across the country.
Foul play is possible.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/642dfut.html
BACampbell3[1].jpghowell_unknown1[1].jpg

Bobbi Ann Campbell
Missing since January 7, 1995 from Draper, Salt Lake County, Utah.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: April 25, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1-5'3"; 100-110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde/light brown hair; brown/blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: 2 inch scar on right shoulder. A rose tattoo on her left calf. Sunbeam and mushroom on right leg.
Dentals: Available. Fillings all silver and only on the occlusal surface.
DNA: mtDNA Available at University of North Texas

Campbell was last seen leaving her home on East 11900 South in Salt Lake County, Utah on January 7, 1995.
She was going to the store. She left her child at home and has not been in contact with her family.
She led a transient lifestyle and may be using drugs.
Her vehicle was located by the Jordan river a year after her disappearance, with money, purse and belongings.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3810dfar.html
3810DFAR[1].jpghowell_unknown1[1].jpg

Name: Terrie Lee Holland
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 1, 1997 (may be 2000 or later - see circumstances)
Location Last Seen: Alexander, Saline County, Arkansas
Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 25, 1964
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right cheek
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
On August 5, 1997, Ms. Holland's mother, Eva Sims, stated that she has not seen or heard from her daughter since June 1, 1997. Previously, Terrie was charged with possession and manufacture of methamphetamine and other drug-related violations on February 5, 1997. She had a court date to hear her case on July 14, 1997, which was set on May 5, 1997. After that date, she failed to appear in court and an arrest warrant was issued on July 24, 1997. Her bench trial was postponed by her attorney until August 25, 1997, and she still did not appear.

According to court records, Ms. Holland reappeared in court more than two years later on a number of occasions since she was reported missing: September 20, 1999, October 25, 1999, November 29, 1999, January 3rd, and January 20th 2000. She pled guilty to the charges against her, and was sentenced to an Arkansas regional prison facility for drug treatment while incarcerated. It is unknown where she is at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back