Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My opinion is that part of the deal would be this poor child's location.

7/30/24

Morales is facing murder and tampering with evidence charges after police said he killed the mother of his child, Christine Holloway, in December of 2019.

[..]

Morales appeared in a Milford courtroom Tuesday to answer to that potential deal.
“The parties are still a substantial distance apart in reaching any resolution. At this point, I believe the matter needs to go to trial, your honor,” said Howard Stein, the supervisory assistant state’s attorney.
As the defense attorney agreed, the judge made the call to send the case to trial.

[..]

Jacobellis said the state’s attorney has made it clear that Vanessa’s disappearance is a separate case, and will not be a focus of the upcoming trial.

7/30/24

Jose Morales, charged with the murder of Christine Holloway, appeared in Milford Superior Court Tuesday where Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Howard Stein asked the judge to put the case on the trial list. Morales was previously offered a plea deal, but Stein told the judge both sides were “still a substantial distance apart in reaching a resolution.” Details of the offer weren’t put on the record and attorneys wouldn’t comment.

7/30/24

Jose Morales was offered the plea deal last fall. He pleaded not guilty.

There is no set date for when the trial will begin.

7/30/24

[..]

She said she was unable to share details of the plea deal. However, in a 2023 interview with CT Post, she said that any deal would need to include details of Vanessa’s whereabouts.

Jacobellis said that family members had not been kept in the loop as the case progressed, saying that it had been “well over a year” since they had been given updates from the court.

Morales’ attorney, Edward Gavin, declined to comment outside the courtroom.

[..]

Jury selection is scheduled to happen in the court’s new term, which begins September 1 and runs until August 31 next year.

This is something new in this article.

July 30, 2024

With the case on the trial list, Morales will get 24 to 48 hours’ notice before jury selection begins.

So - I guess that means no more motions hearing, etc. Straight to jury selection sometime beginning the new "season" September 1st...

I have your name on my list to check with on this case @Seattle1 - any updates on the court site?

CT Superior Court in Milford Superior Court #AAN-CR20-0186660-T [murder] and
Milford Superior Court #AAN-CR19-0225552-T [firearms]

TIA! 1723226799197.gif

@Niner -- JM is going to be like Kent M, "on the wait list" and no trial date in sight. I think the State was expecting he'd take the deal after extending the decision date for months, and the trial calendar is full. JMO

Record Count: 2
Defendant (Last, First)Birth YearCourtNext Activity/StatusNext Activity/Status DateHearing TypeDocket No.
MORALES JOSE
1976​
Milford JDOn the Trial List, To Be Scheduled07/30/2024 10:00 AM AAN -CR19-0225552-T
MORALES JOSE LUIS
1976​
Milford JDOn the Trial List, To Be Scheduled07/30/2024 10:00 AM AAN -CR20-0186660-T

@Niner -- JM is going to be like Kent M, "on the wait list" and no trial date in sight. I think the State was expecting he'd take the deal after extending the decision date for months, and the trial calendar is full. JMO

Record Count: 2
Defendant (Last, First)Birth YearCourtNext Activity/StatusNext Activity/Status DateHearing TypeDocket No.
MORALES JOSE
1976​
Milford JDOn the Trial List, To Be Scheduled07/30/2024 10:00 AMAAN -CR19-0225552-T
MORALES JOSE LUIS
1976​
Milford JDOn the Trial List, To Be Scheduled07/30/2024 10:00 AMAAN -CR20-0186660-T

Okay - I shall wait for a month I guess & then I will be back.... Thanks for checking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back