Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this case will be solved today, hoping.

The ME will need to run a DNA comparison to positively ID Grateful Doe as being a match to someone. That can take months. LE will notify the family.

What to believe, what to believe.

I believe that the woman who provided the most credible lead on the FB page and was guided to the proper numbers by jackstraw (IIRC) deserves an opportunity to follow through without anyone else adding themselves into the mix. We have had a number of UID cases that go this way-it is overwhelming to family to try and follow through when there are those concerned about "credit" rather than the return of someone's loved one. "Credit" whatever that means. I often wonder about the need or desire for that, tbh. It isnt our story to tell imvho-you have all had a piece in the push for this boy/young man to get home. If this is it, job well done and on to the next. Be proud of the collective effort for sure.

If you are hoarding or have been hoarding information material to the investigation or if you have been deliberately misleading, it is obstruction and there are laws regarding it. Just a high level observation and completely un directed at anyone. :twocents:

The ME will need to run a DNA comparison to positively ID Grateful Doe as being a match to someone. That can take months. LE will notify the family.

I am hoping for dental records or medical records that short cut the DNA process. The backlog when Jason Reynolds was compared was over a year.

Something I'm wondering about; Let's say someone saw the story and thought it was their missing son, but it wasn't. If they call up the number, would they be directed to appropriate place to file a missing person's report if they hadn't already done so? I'm wondering how many people are calling up, having a match that looks close enough yet isn't already ruled out; how many people there are like the man in our photographs who were never reported missing? :(

DNA tests have greatly advanced in the last 2 years. That test alone won't take as long as it did yes ago. Paperwork will.

Hugs to the ME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something I'm wondering about; Let's say someone saw the story and thought it was their missing son, but it wasn't. If they call up the number, would they be directed to appropriate place to file a missing person's report if they hadn't already done so? I'm wondering how many people are calling up, having a match that looks close enough yet isn't already ruled out; how many people there are like the man in our photographs who were never reported missing? :(

Yes, they would. They would absolutely be encouraged to file a missing person's report. The other bump we will likely see is people reaching out to places like this one to search for their missing loved one's. Because many times it works in the search to find them. The first thing WE should encourage them to do is file a MP report as well.

When you have someone who has been unidentified this long, it is fairly common to discover there was no MP report filed. This is why SM is so effective in these cases and message boards-it starts the word spreading!!!

That's great to know, then. Thanks believe, I figured you would have the answer :)

DNA tests have greatly advanced in the last 2 years. That test alone won't take as long as it did yes ago. Paperwork will.

Hugs to the ME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. It isnt the test-it is the backlog frequently. If there are kits that need to be processed for upcoming charges, arraignments, trials and capital crimes, it can push something like this down the list. Just my experience.

So, for the people that were not awake last night until the early hours can we now summarize the situation as this:

Lead 1: photos eventually lead to contact with a person who named the GD as JC. Contact has been made with the mother of JC and she is now in touch with the proper authorities?

Lead 2: Person responds on GD FB page with "that is my son" and she has been given the proper contacts for following up?

Have I missed anything?

So, for the people that were not awake last night until the early hours can we now summarize the situation as this:

Lead 1: photos eventually lead to contact with a person who named the GD as JC. Contact has been made with the mother of JC and she is now in touch with the proper authorities?

Lead 2: Person responds on GD FB page with "that is my son" and she has been given the proper contacts for following up?

Have I missed anything?

BBM, except a whole lot of misinfo was posted to throw people off the track for some reason, so it's very hard to know how viable that lead ever was.

Lead 2 on FB certainly seems viable.

We have seen a credible lead pop up on the FB page where a woman indicated that she was pointed by her other son to the photographs greymetal accumulated and that this is her son who she has been looking for. jackstraw indicated that he/she gave her the phone number to call to contact NCMEC and the VA Medical Examiners office. (her son is named JC according to her post on the FB page.)

I think this is the development you meant eucalyptuz?

I think any other lead has been pretty much removed from the threads here so we should maybe set it aside.

No one knows who Jason Doe/Grateful Doe is. Please don't discourage people from continuing to research this case.

If this lead doesn't pan out, there is nothing stopping people from resuming their search.

JMVHO-we should probably stop commenting on something that was wiped and any other references that include what was wiped. There is a reason, I am sure, why moderation occurred on the threads.

If this lead doesn't pan out, there is nothing stopping people from resuming their search.

As has been explained earlier, if this requires a DNA test, that could take a year or more to happen. There's no reason people shouldn't continue to explore other avenues in the meantime just because another lead appears more promising. I would hate to have another possibility pop up now and be ignored, only to find out in a year that Jason the Roommate wasn't Grateful Doe, and the mother of a separate lead passed away a month before she could submit DNA.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98