Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Judge Sasser included this apparently false information as a finding of fact in the order, meaning that she found this to be true. I certainly don't know the ins and outs of legal rules but at least in some circumstances findings of fact are not subject to appeal. Probably of little significance here as the temporary custody hearing appears to be reviewing the case de novo. Still, it's rather sobering that a finding of BC being an unfit parent was preceded by this one finding of fact that turns out to be false.

At this point, doesn't Jill D's affidavit offer some proof that Brad has at least has threatened to commit suicide? JD recounts NC telling her about a recent suicide incident and, I believe, a related high school incident in a car while BC was also present. BC did not dispute this at the time, according to JD. Do I have that right?

I know that BC's evaluations indicate that he is not at risk for suicide. I suspect that he never was. The suicide threats are one type of control mechanism used in abusive relationships (refer to 'not convinced' thread 1 for a source that discusses this).

Thanks again SG and Mom for attending the hearing and for all of the details that you provided in your posts today. Very helpful and interesting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper