Cyndy Short Press Conference~31 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
------family gives statement re: CyndyS departure-----

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15908951/...cerned-citizen

------full statement:

"After hearing there was a press conference and listening to Mrs. Short's statement, we are further convinced that we made the correct decision. One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact. Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

We want the focus to remain where it should always have been which is on the search for Lisa. Mr. Tacopina has secured very prestigious local lawyers to join the team representing the family.

We will not be answering any further question at this time regarding Mrs. Short."

Tacopina declined to say who the new local attorneys are.

------full statement:

"After hearing there was a press conference and listening to Mrs. Short's statement, we are further convinced that we made the correct decision. One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact. Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

We want the focus to remain where it should always have been which is on the search for Lisa. Mr. Tacopina has secured very prestigious local lawyers to join the team representing the family.

We will not be answering any further question at this time regarding Mrs. Short."

Did one of the new, very prestigious local lawyers, secured by JT, write this for the family?

BBM: Respectfully, I do not believe anyone is "quibbling" over terminology ... I believe EVERYONE is entitled to thier opinion ... and IMO "words" chosen usually "speak for themselves" ...

I believe in "listening" to the words a person uses. And IMO, the "words", "names", etc. a person uses can speak VOLUMES -- especially in a high profile case like this ...

Keep in mind ... Deborah hardly ever used Lisa's "name" either in any of her interviews ... and IMO that clearly shows DISTANCE !

Just ask any statement analysis expert ...

IMO ... Ms Short was there to explain what happened between her and JT ... and that has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE PARENTS !

IMO ... CS and JT are NOT concerned about finding Baby Lisa ... they are "experienced criminal defense attorneys" and are only concerned about "their" "fame and fortune" ...

MOO MOO and another MOO !

I am going to bring this up again in response to your post....

I almost exclusively referred to my children as "the baby" or "my baby" when they were infants and toddlers. I rarely used their given names when discussing them with other people. And I can assure you that I was not "distant" from my children then, and I am not distant from them now. In fact, I am very close to all my children. And I still refer to them as "daughter, or "son" when talking about them to other people.
I don't think anyone can say with any degree of certainty that DB's choice of words means anything. If one of my children had been missing as an infant, I would be just as likely to say "the baby" as DB is, and I can also assure you that I would never harm a hair on my children's heads.
DB may have played a role in what happened to Baby Lisa, or she may be completely innocent. But I don't think anyone can tell anything at all from what she calls her child in public, because I would do the same thing.

DB is clearly distraught about her baby. That's really all we know for sure right now.

Did one of the new, very prestigious local lawyers, secured by JT, write this for the family?

Ya think!?! I doubt that DB or JI are articulate enough to have written that statement. jmo

Hey!!! :seeya:

Did y'all know that Websleuths has a chat room? Well, yeppers we do!

We kinda "relax" the rules just a weedle bit in there and its ALWAYS a good time.

Iffen you're curious here's how to get there:

Here's the link -

http://www.serenity-irc.net/connect/index.htm

You have to click on one of the 4 choices to connect with (I always use JAVA)
Click that and you'll get a sign on screen.
Just put in your nic and password
and then in the box with the "#" LEAVE THE # and type - Websleuths and then enter and bing bang pow - there ya are! (Sometimes it takes a bit for you to connect to the room - be patient).

I'll be in there for a while tonight - c'mon over and join me. :seeya:

------full statement:

I expected this..if I had been DB and JI I would have been livid about that presser. Especially livid at the "i love you Cyndy" info and imo and I am sure in their opinion, calling out of their attorney.

I don't blame them one bit for setting the record straight after this morning.

------full statement:

IMO they should all cut their losses and shut up from now on. None of this is helping Lisa.

Ya, my sarcasm probably didn't come through. :wink: Of course it sounds like was written by an attorney.

That isn't really legalese, I could see JI writing it easily. He is an electrician, not someone who dropped out of high school. It may have had some help but there are parts that definitely are not attorney caliber imo.

imo

------full statement:

"One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact.

Funny, on Friday it was reported JI and DB didn't even know Cindy "had been relieved" now "they" are saying "they relieved her." How does one relieve something without first knowing they did so?

Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

Wait a minute. You've not been cooperating with LE for the last several days and suddenly their confiding in you that one of the attorneys on your case isn't helping create a productive relationship? This just doesn't pass the smell test.

This release has JT's hands all over it.

I love how one attorney is trying to portray the other as though they're the attention *advertiser censored* in this situation. "Pot to kettle; you're black (and not so humble either)."

The thing I liked about CS was that she, for the first time in this case, seemed to be someone willing to deal straight off the top of the deck. Now we're back to this slight of hand and inconsistency.

I've said this here before; the consensus among us folks in KC is that JT and BS aren't helping the couple. They're hindering them and this investigation.

I couldn't watch the video because of Flash Player f---ery, but I did see a most interesting link to the right of the main story..."man rescued after 9 hours in baby swing." I acknowledge that this could be a very serious situation, and I apologize if anyone is offended because I find it humorous. But I just couldn't keep it to myself. :angel:

I do believe that we have a thread on that in the Parking Lot. :giggle:

Funny, on Friday it was reported JI and DB didn't even know Cindy "had been relieved" now "they" are saying "they relieved her." How does one relieve something without first knowing they did so?

Wait a minute. You've not been cooperating with LE for the last several days and suddenly their confiding in you that one of the attorneys on your case isn't helping create a productive relationship? This just doesn't pass the smell test.

I love how one attorney is trying to portray the other as though they're the attention *advertiser censored* in this situation. "Pot to kettle; you're black (and not so humble either)."

The thing I liked about CS was that she, for the first time in this case, seemed to be someone willing to deal straight off the top of the deck. Now we're back to this slight of hand and inconsistency.

I've said this here before; the consensus among us folks in KC is that JT and BS aren't helping the couple. They're hindering them and this investigation.

Actually JT said this morning that they have been dealing with the FBI.

but I think we already agreed to disagree on JT. :)

Actually JT said this morning that they have been dealing with the FBI.

From what I've picked up over the past few weeks, they have continued to deal with the FBI all along. There seems to be more of a level of trust there, for whatever reason. Could be local LE and the FBI doing good cop/bad cop, who knows, but I'm glad the FBI is there with all the attendant resources they bring.

The response from DB & JI was naturally written by an attorney. The way it is written has law office all over it, don't kid yourself. Also, it is in the line of an expected response from DB & JI to comment to the public on their reasons regarding the dismissal of Cyndy Short. Afterall, she was their lawyer, it was their decision to fire her.:banghead:

From what I've picked up over the past few weeks, they have continued to deal with the FBI all along. There seems to be more of a level of trust there, for whatever reason. Could be local LE and the FBI doing good cop/bad cop, who knows, but I'm glad the FBI is there with all the attendant resources they bring.

Yes. Well one thing that JT has is experience with them in all sorts of cases. His defense of LE cases also helps in that too

ITA with everything you posted.

That press release has JT and his new "prestigious attorney" written all over it.

JMHO

ITA with everything you posted.

That press release has JT and his new "prestigious attorney" written all over it.

JMHO

mhm and sounds like a lil shot at CS, implying that she was 'not' prestigious.
THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY.. just want to be clear lol

That isn't really legalese, I could see JI writing it easily. He is an electrician, not someone who dropped out of high school. It may have had some help but there are parts that definitely are not attorney caliber imo.

imo

Which parts are "definitely not attorney caliber?" It sounds very much like a release a law firm would draft, IMO. I would certainly hope that Tacopina's team did write the press release for them. It would be fully in line with their representation of the couple to do so.

All of this is just so ugly to me. Repulsive. What kind of favor is this that is being done for this family. The hole just seems to get deeper and muddier. I really am starting to worry about this family. And my goodness I almost forgot - Where the heck is baby Lisa?

That is the shameful part of all of this.... "they" have forgotten about the baby...

Yeah that letter definitely sounds like a law firm release-pretty standard/typical language used. Not that that is a bad thing-they are doing the job they were hired to do.

I feel like everything needs to go away if it isn't directly related to finding Lisa and this back and forth right now is not helping Lisa. Hopefully all parties had their final word and everyone can get back to their active, never ceasing search for her.

(being optimistic about the active, never ceasing part)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back