Cynthia Short-Local Attorney no longer representing Irwin and Bradley

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What if Lisa is suddenly found? Can a fired lawyer or one who quit leave an anonymous tip as to the whereabouts of a missing person?

Not if it was information she gained while representing them. No way. After? I don't know.

"Cyndy Short: I will continue to search for Baby Lisa

The local attorney, who is no longer counsel for the parents of missing Baby Lisa says in a statement released today (Sunday) that she will continue to search for the child as a concerned citizen. Cyndy Short announced Friday she was no longer the family's local attorney after reports surfaced that Short and lead attorney Joe Tacopina were butting heads after Tacopina tried to fire her. Short is holding a news conference about the search for Baby Lisa tomorrow morning. Bay Lisa has been missing nearly four weeks."

This is just strange and unheard of.....I think she was asked to cover for someone/something.

WTH? The Red pill or the Blue pill...so many thing just have me scratching my head... or she wants to continue being part of this case even though she was clearly put off of it? Or she feels that she can solve it? Is she even legally/ethically/morally supposed to/allowed to do this? Heck, I am not even sure I should be allowed to keep reading about this case :/

I do have to wonder what she will say at this news conference tomorrow.

I do have to wonder if there will be another cancellation too.

Well, if she can help to find Lisa, yay for her!

But if it's just saving face and addiction to the circus, blech.

Just posted in the MSN thread: CS will continue to look for Baby Lisa. She will give a news conference tomorrow morning about the search for Lisa.

http://www.kmbz.com/Cyndy-Short--I-will-continue-to-search-for-Baby-Li/11333882

This is BIZARRE. I don't think she was asked to cover for anyone, I do think that this is one of the strangest and most unhelpful actions by a defense attorney I have seen.

She is not on the case but will have a PRESS CONFERENCE????????

apparently it was CS (by her own words) who did not want the boys reinterviewed. Then she is fired or quit (who knows) Now she is publicizing herself to the media and going to hold a presser?

It better be with Tacopina's OK or she could find herself on the other end of a bar complaint.

imo

WTH? The Red pill or the Blue pill...so many thing just have me scratching my head... or she wants to continue being part of this case even though she was clearly put off of it? Or she feels that she can solve it? Is she even legally/ethically/morally supposed to/allowed to do this? Heck, I am not even sure I should be allowed to keep reading about this case :/

I would love to hear an attorney weigh in on this. It smells to high heaven of someone wanting publicity or their ego is hurt.

I can't believe it is kosher to be off a case (your choice or the other attorneys) and then start holding press conferences on it.

This needs a thread of it's own...this is truly odd...and I would love to hear the legalities involved in this from people who understand and can explain why she can or cannot do this...

This needs a thread of it's own...this is truly odd...and I would love to hear the legalities involved in this from people who understand and can explain why she can or cannot do this...

It does need a thread of its own. I am afraid to start it though:blushing:

And, an attorney cannot allow his/her client to lie on the stand. Baez would have been in BIG trouble had Casey taken the stand!

No. A lawyer can't "suborn" perjury, meaning he can't ask a question knowing the client, or another witness of his - and he have agreed that the answer will be a lie. He can, though, sit there silently while his client lies to other questioners.

...me too..~pushes vplate ~ YOU do it, you saw it first...

...me too...:pushes vplate: YOU do it, you saw it first...

This is one of the strangest turn of events in this whole case. The word bizarre keeps coming out of my mouth and my cats are staring at me

I TOTALLY agree! That was when I went through the rabbithole...and I have today off and way too much time on my hands..

I just started a new thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7299418#post7299418"]Cyndy Short: "I will continue to search for Baby Lisa" PC tomorrow - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The only other clue to Short's abrupt departure comes from a quote she gave the Kansas City Star, when she expressed concerns against allowing Lisa's brothers to be re-interviewed.

"I've done research and see more potential for harm than good with the interview." Short said late Thursday. "It won't happen tomorrow and maybe never."

This statement now conflicts with what New York Lawyer Joe Tacopina has told local law enforcement. Police tell NBC news that he plans to reschedule the interviews with the boys as early as next week.

Maybe NEVER???

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Attorney-Quits-Baby-Lisa-Case1-132850948.html

Although I believe this is part of it, I keep wondering if it has anything to do with the national media exclusive deal/contract in which IMO JT came to this family in the package. Cyndy was going to allow the local media to tour the house, which is likley a strict no no on the contract. If this is true I doubt we will ever really know.

The only other clue to Short's abrupt departure comes from a quote she gave the Kansas City Star, when she expressed concerns against allowing Lisa's brothers to be re-interviewed.

"I've done research and see more potential for harm than good with the interview." Short said late Thursday. "It won't happen tomorrow and maybe never."

This statement now conflicts with what New York Lawyer Joe Tacopina has told local law enforcement. Police tell NBC news that he plans to reschedule the interviews with the boys as early as next week.

Maybe NEVER???

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Attorney-Quits-Baby-Lisa-Case1-132850948.html

I fancy honest reporting about why Ms. Short left. I'm reading conflicting reports.

Red pill, blue pill, keep things scrambled up. :waitasec:
The focus should be on finding a missing baby.

What if Lisa is suddenly found? Can a fired lawyer or one who quit leave an anonymous tip as to the whereabouts of a missing person?

She would be risking disbarment. That doesn't mean that she wouldn't do it. Sometimes moral convictions are greater than ABA rules.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberHolland443
Back